Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person. (Read 547 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.
Reply #25
hmm
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #26
That is exactly how isis uses it.

Yes, and so does the West towards the bully that has made slaves of their women and female children.

I hope our bully wins as I think the first duty of a free person is to insure that all of us are free and not slaves.

What do you see as your first duty as a free person?

Regards
DL
to enjoy good situations and to try not to make bad situations worse.

IOW. Be centered on the self and not follow the Golden Rule.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is as you do.

Regards
DL

The [so-called] golden rule is not without it's own problems.

People often define good and evil differently, and often personalise it and follow the dictates of religion and culture, rather than looking at the problem using reason, ethics and simple empathy for particular situations.

For example, probably not all religious fanatics torture and murder for kicks. Some genuinely believe they are doing good. So if one believes in immortal souls, then torture or death to save a soul from hell would be following the golden rule. So how the golden rule is actually applied makes a difference, depending on one's beliefs and assumptions.

On one level things like "thou shall not suffer a witch to live" is indeed, fanatic, barbarous, misogyny. On another level, given genuine belief, burning a witch will save her soul, and is therefore an act of love. [And on another level, it was fear of feminine power, as a challenge to clerical power, and therefore had to be stopped].

Hating Islamists is beyond the pale-it is just too stupid for words. Hating Islam makes a bit more sense. But even here, to address the problem, you have to understand the dynamics. How people got to a place that made them burn witches, or behead heretics.

• Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:43:39 PM by puppy
Believer in High Powers, and naturally, logarithms.
Pikkiwoki is the one true god.

• nesb
  • Needs a Life

Reply #27

Yes, and so does the West towards the bully that has made slaves of their women and female children.

I hope our bully wins as I think the first duty of a free person is to insure that all of us are free and not slaves.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

We clearly need to support moderate liberal Muslims, in efforts towards feminism and human rights. And we should especially encourage them living here, and going to school, to learn liberal values.

Reply #28

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

People often define good and evil differently, and often personalise it and follow the dictates of religion and culture, rather than looking at the problem using reason, ethics and simple empathy for particular situations.

For example, probably not all religious fanatics torture and murder for kicks. Some genuinely believe they are doing good. So if one believes in immortal souls, then torture or death to save a soul from hell would be following the golden rule. So how the golden rule is actually applied makes a difference, depending on one's beliefs and assumptions.

On one level things like "thou shall not suffer a witch to live" is indeed, fanatic, barbarous, misogyny. On another level, given genuine belief, burning a witch will save her soul, and is therefore an act of love. [And on another level, it was fear of feminine power, as a challenge to clerical power, and therefore had to be stopped].

Hating Islamists is beyond the pale-it is just too stupid for words. Hating Islam makes a bit more sense. But even here, to address the problem, you have to understand the dynamics. How people got to a place that made them burn witches, or behead heretics.

I do not see hating those who are slave holders and promoters of homophobia and misogyny as beyond the pale, when they are killing gays and women with Honor killings.

You go ahead and love them if you like.

Regards
DL

Reply #29

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

We clearly need to support moderate liberal Muslims, in efforts towards feminism and human rights. And we should especially encourage them living here, and going to school, to learn liberal values.

Absolutely, if we can find the few who qualify. Statistics say that finding the few good ones will be hard as almost all follow an inhumane Sharia law.

Regards
DL

Reply #30
You only need to spot-read Reddit's red pill or the return of kings blog or any number of others to see secular western hatred of women, GIA. There's an enormous hornet nest thriving in your back yard while you obsess about other men thousands of kilometres away.

ETA: You could just read a few pages of headlines at this blog, which among other things draws attention to the worst examples of this hatred:

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/
  • Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 09:04:00 AM by borealis

Reply #31
You only need to spot-read Reddit's red pill or the return of kings blog or any number of others to see secular western hatred of women, GIA. There's an enormous hornet nest thriving in your back yard while you obsess about other men thousands of kilometres away.

ETA: You could just read a few pages of headlines at this blog, which among other things draws attention to the worst examples of this hatred:

I know we are not quite walking our talk yet in terms of equality, but the outright slavery and inequality that Islam has institutionalized with their filthy holy books is not comparable to our ways. We have a splinter while they have a log.

If you cannot see the difference then you too have a log in your eye.

Regards
DL 

Reply #32

I know we are not quite walking our talk yet in terms of equality, but the outright slavery and inequality that Islam has institutionalized with their filthy holy books is not comparable to our ways. We have a splinter while they have a log.

Regards
DL 

You obviously haven't read the bible......there is some pretty evil, deluded shit in there too. You can find good stuff in both bible and koran. No surprise really, as it was written by human beings who were ignorant about the power of biological and social evolution's ability to create a [mortal] soul. The best explanation they had was a sky-fairy, which in the Abrahmic traditions, bore remarkable resemblance to a petty, cruel, paranoiac warlord. 

Reply #33

Regards
DL 

You obviously haven't read the bible......there is some pretty evil, deluded shit in there too. You can find good stuff in both bible and koran. No surprise really, as it was written by human beings who were ignorant about the power of biological and social evolution's ability to create a [mortal] soul. The best explanation they had was a sky-fairy, which in the Abrahmic traditions, bore remarkable resemblance to a petty, cruel, paranoiac warlord. 

I am well aware that both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I.

Regards
DL

Reply #34

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I do not see hating those who are slave holders and promoters of homophobia and misogyny as beyond the pale, when they are killing gays and women with Honor killings.

You go ahead and love them if you like.

Regards
DL

Thanks for extending your permission on this vital issue.

Reply #35
Read the OP replacing every instance of "muslim" or "islam" with "xian". Nothing changes, all charges are just as valid, excepting of course than some bigotted nutter can't feel as smugly superior that way*.

*next they'll turn up claiming "I'm not a xian, I'm this other vaguely defined loosely affiliated thing based on the same novel that hardly anyone is, that makes my bigoted discharges even more superiorer and betterer!!1!1"
Islam and Christianity are not quite interchangeable. Christian scripture has more room for different interpretations, the Quran quite explicitly forbids it.

Reply #36

this is fucking great, thanks for the link

Reply #37
Read the OP replacing every instance of "muslim" or "islam" with "xian". Nothing changes, all charges are just as valid, excepting of course than some bigotted nutter can't feel as smugly superior that way*.

*next they'll turn up claiming "I'm not a xian, I'm this other vaguely defined loosely affiliated thing based on the same novel that hardly anyone is, that makes my bigoted discharges even more superiorer and betterer!!1!1"
Islam and Christianity are not quite interchangeable. Christian scripture has more room for different interpretations, the Quran quite explicitly forbids it.

Have a quick look at my next O.P.

Yahweh. Obey like a slave. Allah. Submit like a slave. Do you see a difference?

I find it strange that all-powerful Gods have a need or want of slaves, but if slavery is all that Christians and Muslims aspire to after death, I am sure glad I am a Gnostic Christian and see Jesus as not being of the same ilk as Christian and Muslim slave aspirers. Jesus said he came to serve man but I guess that he is not like his father. Thank God for that. 

In the arena of cultural evolution, the secular and humanist West has decided that Jesus wins the God Wars. Christians have gone along with revering the nice (sort of) God, Jesus, instead of his poor satanic father.

If Muslims do not also go along with that archetypal prophet and savior Jesus, as being more authoritative than Muhammad, they will not survive and the religion will die.

This is inevitable as the world will not allow open religious slavery, --- which is what Muslim and Christian ideologies promote.

No?

Regards
DL

On Muslim slavery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOSIhg86oc
On archetypal Jesus. https://clyp.it/lqeu3cku

----------

The West has brought Christianity to a more civilized and restricted yet enlightened form, but we have yet to bring Islam out of its barbarism.

That seems to be the only major difference in the two slave holding religions.

Regards
DL

Reply #38

this is fucking great, thanks for the link

Indeed.

It shows just how stupid men can be.

Strange though that men do not seem to mind that the woman who bore them might not be as human as they are when women made them what they are.

Strange how we hate those who reared us and our initial love has turned to hate in some really stupid men.

Regards
DL

Reply #39

I find it strange that all-powerful Gods have a need or want of slaves, but if slavery is all that Christians and Muslims aspire to after death, I am sure glad I am a Gnostic Christian and see Jesus as not being of the same ilk as Christian and Muslim slave aspirers. Jesus said he came to serve man but I guess that he is not like his father. Thank God for that. 

In the arena of cultural evolution, the secular and humanist West has decided that Jesus wins the God Wars. Christians have gone along with revering the nice (sort of) God, Jesus, instead of his poor satanic father.

If Muslims do not also go along with that archetypal prophet and savior Jesus, as being more authoritative than Muhammad, they will not survive and the religion will die.

This is inevitable as the world will not allow open religious slavery, --- which is what Muslim and Christian ideologies promote.

No?
Meh. There are other religions that ( used to at least ) see slavery as the natural order of things. This is not strange considering that before mechanisation slavery was essential to having an economy beyond a certain scale.
Regards
DL

----------

The West has brought Christianity to a more civilized and restricted yet enlightened form, but we have yet to bring Islam out of its barbarism.

Regards
DL
Yes, and it seems that Islam is more resilient in moving beyond barbarism, apparently by design. The prophet did not want the same mess of hundreds of different cults disagreeing with each other as Christianity.

Reply #40

No?
Meh. There are other religions that ( used to at least ) see slavery as the natural order of things. This is not strange considering that before mechanisation slavery was essential to having an economy beyond a certain scale.
Regards
DL

----------

Regards
DL
Yes, and it seems that Islam is more resilient in moving beyond barbarism, apparently by design. The prophet did not want the same mess of hundreds of different cults disagreeing with each other as Christianity.

Yet Islam itself has fractured into many different creeds and denominations who seem to hate each other.

Regards
DL

Reply #41
The best laid plans

Reply #42

No?
Regards
DL

----------

Regards
DL

Yet Islam itself has fractured into many different creeds and denominations who seem to hate each other.

Regards
DL
Really? There is just Shia and Sunni. And even that is just a dispute over who is the legitimate heir of the Prophet, a political matter, not really over doctrine. There is no dispute over who has the correct version of scripture, there is only one.

Reply #43

No?
Regards
DL

----------

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Really? There is just Shia and Sunni. And even that is just a dispute over who is the legitimate heir of the Prophet, a political matter, not really over doctrine. There is no dispute over who has the correct version of scripture, there is only one.

Sufism and Wahabism come to mind.

http://www.majorreligions.com/islamic_denominations.php

Regards
DL

Reply #44

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

U know the golden rule has a downside, right?

Reply #45

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

U know the golden rule has a downside, right?

Most things that are not fully selfish have a downside.

Which version of the reciprocity rules, --- there are positive and negative renderings, --- are you speaking about and what do you see as the downside?

Regards
DL