Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: twitter (Read 93 times) previous topic - next topic

twitter
2 things.
1) how many times do you have to say I don't like this tweet before stupid shit like it stops showing up in the feed?

and 2)
This media may contain sensitive material. Your media settings are configured to warn you when media may be sensitive.
was hiding this image:

wtf?

how do you all find this entertaining?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Re: twitter
Reply #1
I get rid of stupid shit by getting rid of stupid shittweeters.  It's usually dumbfucks who like or retweet other dumbfucks

no fucking idea on the sensitive material thing. 

On images, I draw the line at images of people being violently killed and anything to do with animal cruelty.  I have not seen either of the above on twitter.  I can't say the same of facebook.

Reply #2
I get rid of stupid shit by getting rid of stupid shittweeters.  It's usually dumbfucks who like or retweet other dumbfucks

On images, I draw the line at images of people being violently killed and anything to do with animal cruelty.  I have not seen either of the above on twitter.  I can't say the same of facebook.
do you mute or block them? I did a few of each to see if I could tell the difference.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #3
I don't do twitter.
Is there any reason I might want to?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #4
I don't do twitter.
so far, not that I've found.

• linus
  • Needs a Life

Reply #5
I don't do twitter.
It's actually good for keeping up with news. Apart from that, it's the dumbest platform ever invented.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism

Reply #6
It's actually good for keeping up with news. Apart from that, it's the dumbest platform ever invented.
Agreed on both counts.

I spent a lot of time on twitter for a month or two in 2011, but hardly at all since then.

By following journos, you can get a near-real-time sense of what's going on.

Reply #7
I am on Twitter but I really only use it so if some prospective employer decides to go poking around social media for me I will pop up somewhere. I am not on Facebook at all - or at least, nobody will be able to find me if I were.

I am not that concerned with people looking me up online but this is all the rage these days, I've applied for a job recently that requests (optionally, thank goodness) your facebook, twitter, and linkedin account links. I figure giving facebook and linkedin is good enough.

Reply #8

do you mute or block them? I did a few of each to see if I could tell the difference.

I unfollow them.  I only block people who try to hassle me.

Reply #9

How would someone hassle you? I have a feed full of people who I'm not following. I've blocked some, muted some and said 'i don't like this tweet' to about a hundred.

Reply #10

How would someone hassle you? I have a feed full of people who I'm not following. I've blocked some, muted some and said 'i don't like this tweet' to about a hundred.

I follow enough people that my feed consists of people I follow and people they follow. I haven't seen raw twitter in a while.

If someone repeatedly replies to me with offensive shit, or adds me to an offensively named list, I block them.  Problem solved.