Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Republican Congressmen reported shot in Washington (Read 958 times) previous topic - next topic

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024

Re: Republican Congressmen reported shot in Washington
Reply #25
rand paul said he thinks the rifle was an ar-15

so the shooter was a middle-aged white guy with an ar-15.  I'm liking my "rwnj shoots rinos" theory more and more.

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #26
Are there a lot of white, middle-aged men in Alexandria?

eta: besides you?

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #27
Nutjob sites are convinced it was ANTIFA and that this was the opening shots of Civil War 2.

Does ANTIFA even get up that early?

Idiots.

no, and neither do liberals in general.  doing anything of substance at 7 am is pretty republican.

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #28
Are there a lot of white, middle-aged men in Alexandria?

eta: besides you?
plenty.  it's mostly a professional, yuppie-ish area, but it has all types.

• ToThePoint
  • Needs a Life
  • search & destroy

Reply #29

so the shooter was a middle-aged white guy with an ar-15.  I'm liking my "rwnj shoots rinos" theory more and more.

Virginia:  open carry (except for "assault weapons")

eta:  regarding the AR-15, Rand Paul would know
"Rand Paul Shoots an AR 15 at the US Tax Code"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXkJh_rwsrE
  • Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:56:16 AM by ToThePoint
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• Bilirubin
  • Needs a Life
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'

Reply #30

• Bilirubin
  • Needs a Life

Reply #31
So Santa Claus

Reply #32

welp he was a Bernie guy
https://www.facebook.com/jthodgkinson

This is going to be blamed entirely on Democrats and GOP poll numbers are going to surge and they're going to pass the AHCA and kill lots of people  :smith:

Reply #33

James T. Hodgkinson Identified as Shooter in Congressional Shooting

Details have emerged regarding the assailant who took aim and fired upon a congressional baseball practice early this morning in Alexandria, Virginia. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise appears to be the one elected official shot in the exchange of gunfire which led to the hospitalization of five total individuals including security detail and at least one congressional aide.

According to the Washington Post, the shooter's name is James T. Hodgkinson. He is 66 years old and owns a home inspection business. However, state records show that his license was not renewed.

This post will be updated as more information comes in.

Shooter identified by law enforcement officials as James T. Hodgkinson

The shooter at the GOP congressional baseball practice this morning is James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., according to law enforcement officials. Hodgkinson, 66, owns a home inspection business. His home inspection license expired in November 2016 and was not renewed, state records show.

Hodgkinson was charged in April 2006 with battery and aiding damage to a motor vehicle, according to online records in St. Clair County, Illinois. The charges were dismissed, records show.

https://www.facebook.com/jthodgkinson

lol

• Bilirubin
  • Needs a Life

Reply #34
OMG watching the comments explode with invective in real time

Reply #35
This is going to be blamed entirely on Democrats
but bernie isn't a democrat, lmao

Reply #36
seriously though this is actually a bonanza for democrats who always disliked sanders' position on guns and want to connect him with the kind of angry white guys that make up trump's base.

perhaps, in some way, not without justification, it seems.

Reply #37
ok, ok, here's the real hottest take: "good thing trump decided to focus on islamist terrorism only!"

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #38
glad I covered my bases with several other theories, including "white liberal..."

Reply #39

• ToThePoint
  • Needs a Life
  • search & destroy

Reply #40

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #41
:pwned:
yeah I know listing off every possibility and then celebrating when one turns out correct is not predicting anything

Reply #42
gonna take as my silver lining the opportunity to troll bernouts eagerly speculating about how because he was white, he was clearly another rwnj

• ToThePoint
  • Needs a Life
  • search & destroy

Reply #43
a bill to restore Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia and the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011, H.R.822, which would ensure national reciprocity for concealed carry permit holders. Congressman Scalise's pro-gun stance has earned him an A+ rating from the National Rifle Association. A member of the Congressional Second Amendment Task Force, Congressman Steve Scalise will continue fighting to protect every citizen's Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

+ this past Feb 2017, the GOP gave mentally ill people the right to own guns.  link

Reply #44
seriously though this is actually a bonanza for democrats who always disliked sanders' position on guns and want to connect him with the kind of angry white guys that make up trump's base.
it begins: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213283103137675&set=a.1974851496524.2120227.1400160054&type=3

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #45
this is why conspiracy theories and opposition derangement syndrome are dangerous.  if you convince yourself someone is the devil, then anything you do to them will seem justified.

it's trickier to make this point with trump in office, because he is legitimately scary in a lot of ways, and his personality and track record make it realistic to worry about him abusing his power.  but we are dealing with that possibility, and the situation is more or less under control.  contrary to what this shooter thinks, trump has not crowned himself dictator.  he's not the next hitler.  those ideas have grown out of control because of people being dumb and conspiratorial in the far left bubble.

Reply #46
ideas like that seemed a lot more plausible before anyone knew what an incompetent shitshow his admin would be. i remember back in december people telling me that it was only because i was a privileged white guy that i didn't think the time was right for civil war. not sure how many people really hold onto that anymore, my impression is that the major narrative has shifted from mussolini to berlusconi

Reply #47
side note but i am starting to have a crisis of conscience about whether my penchant for robespierre apologia and guillotine normalization is because of toxic white masculinity  :hmm:

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life

Reply #48
and (while this is obviously not the worst aspect of this shooting!), I suspect this will galvanize congressional republicans now and inspire them to pass all the bills they'd been struggling with. 

they've been shot at.  I assume that is jarring as fuck.  this is personal for them now.  and the shooter was specifically motivated by partisan opposition to them.  they are now going to collectively say fuck you and push through the worst versions of the ahca, tax reform, and infrastructure.

Reply #49
that's likely in as much as this stops people from yelling at their MoCs to not pass things that suck. they still have to worry about 2018, and i am not sure this will linger longer in the media than gabby gifford's shooting did with any more impact on congressional elections.