Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Whatever understanding I developed then is all I have to work from and that has been steadily degrading so I can't do much more than offer pithy one-liners nowadays.

Topic: Ipsos Poll on attitude to religion in Canada (Read 58 times) previous topic - next topic

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Ipsos Poll on attitude to religion in Canada
It seems that 51% of Canadians now agree with "religion does more harm than good".

I'm not sure I agree with the statement, myself -- I'm not sure where to draw the boundaries of this category "religion", and I'm not sure how to construct an adequately realistic mental model of the religion-free alternate universe that's implicit here.

But I'm encouraged by the trend.

• MikeS
Re: Ipsos Poll on attitude to religion in Canada
Reply #1
Global Warming is God trying to cast Canada into hellfire.  It's a long slog since they are so far north, but you notice that the Arctic is warming faster than anywhere else.

Sooooo.....

Reply #2
I thought god only cared about fags?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3
The other findings are interesting as well. Canadians don't want religion influencing politics, don't believe religion makes for better citizens, but also "Nine out of 10 respondents said they were "completely comfortable being around people who have different religious beliefs than me."".