Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Memescape Hellscape Engage

Topic: What Movie have you watched lately? (Read 3130 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What Movie have you watched lately?
Reply #150
Saw 3d guardians of the Galaxy 2 on Saturday. They do a good job of archetype exploration. The jokes made me laugh. It was pretty good.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
Reply #151
Saw 3d guardians of the Galaxy 2 on Saturday. They do a good job of archetype exploration. The jokes made me laugh. It was pretty good.
Saw that last week.  I didn't think it was as strong as the first but still very good and funny.

Reply #152
Same. There is an interesting literary quality to comic book symbolism though. I kind of loved the exploration of ego through each of the characters as well as the main plotline.

• ksen
Reply #153
We went to see Wonder Woman yesterday.

It broke the mold in that it was your typical awful DC movie.  I really enjoyed it.  The fight scenes with Wonder Woman were great and awesomely choreographed.

I couple of times I thought the story almost started focusing more on Chris Pine's character instead of Wonder Woman's but it got back on track quickly.

Plus Gal Gadot being an extremely stunning actor didn't hurt.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #154
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #155
We went to see Wonder Woman yesterday.

It broke the mold in that it was your typical awful DC movie.  I really enjoyed it.  The fight scenes with Wonder Woman were great and awesomely choreographed.

I couple of times I thought the story almost started focusing more on Chris Pine's character instead of Wonder Woman's but it got back on track quickly.

Plus Gal Gadot being an extremely stunning actor didn't hurt.
Saw it last night after b-day dinner and it was really excellent. Agree with your assessment. Every criticism out there is totally valid and it still kicked ass.

Had a stoned deep thought as I was watching that our national psychological age of development is now at the superhero stage where we get our archetypes straight. I guess Colberg would put that at about middle school.

• Monad
Reply #156
Might go see it this weekend - so far every DC movie I have seen has disappointed but I live in hope

She is certainly a Gal to fall for

Reply #157
Might go see it this weekend - so far every DC movie I have seen has disappointed but I live in hope

Did you like guardians of the Galaxy?

• Monad
Reply #158
The first one, the second one was soso

Reply #159
If you liked the first one, you'll probably like ww.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #160

"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. Nobody talks about that."

• ksen
Reply #161
Saw Spiderman: Homecoming yesterday.

Much better than the recent Spiderman movies.  We enjoyed it a lot.

I especially liked the opening shots.

Reply #162
John Wick 2.

Suffers from sequelitis in the best way possible. So far superior to the first one. I can only imagine how my 15 year old self would have reacted to this had it come out in the mid 90s. Thrilled no doubt.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #163
Hateful 8.

It's right up there with other Tarantino movies. 

Reply #164
Saw Spiderman: Homecoming yesterday.

Much better than the recent Spiderman movies.  We enjoyed it a lot.

I especially liked the opening shots.
I think I'm finally going to catch this over the weekend. It would be hard to make it worse than the last couple, but the Ultimate Marvel reboot has been pretty good so far (even though I hated when they did it in the comics, I'm old school). 

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #165
Deep Water Horizon was decent.

• nesb
Reply #166
Watched Doctor Strange on Netflix. Pretty okay. Wish they would have done more Kirbyesque acid-trip landscapes and less Inception ripping-off, but what can you do?

Reply #167
Atomic Blonde

Visually stunning. Great soundtrack. And one truly tremendous action sequence. But I found the plot incredibly difficult to follow even though it's basically Mission Impossible 1. And I was straight up aside from a beer at dinner so I'm pretty sure it's the writers and not me.

• ksen
Reply #168
I finally watched Rogue One.

It's on netflix now which surprised me.

Pretty good war flick with some nice easter eggs.  CGI Tarkin and Leia though weren't that well done I thought.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #169
Tour de Pharmacy on HBO.  From the brief description, I thought it was going to be an actual documentary about drug use among professional bicyclist, but instead it's a hilarious Rob Reiner style mockumentary.

• Monad
Reply #170
I finally watched Rogue One.

It's on netflix now which surprised me.

Pretty good war flick with some nice easter eggs.  CGI Tarkin and Leia though weren't that well done I thought.

I really liked it but they didn't quite make it over the uncanny valley

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #171
Eddie The Eagle

Based on a true story, Wolverine teaches a fat British kid how to ski jump.
Nice feel good story.

• ksen
Reply #172
Eddie The Eagle

Based on a true story, Wolverine teaches a fat British kid Kingsman how to ski jump.
Nice feel good story.

Reply #173
I saw the new spiderman movie yesterday. I liked it. It may be the best of the spidey movies.

The end 'cameo' (stinger?  whatever they call it) may have ben the best one from Marvel yet, although Deadpool is a close second.

Reply #174
I didn't have anything to do Friday night, so went to see the Dark Tower.

I have no knowledge whatsoever of the book, other than it's a Stephen King story.

I liked it. It was one of the few movies I've seen recently with a 'child' actor that I didn't want killed within the first 5 minutes. Good action, a decent, if predictable, story, and what's not to like about Idris Elba? :D