Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: And your "Angry but not mind me because I'm slightly Bear" uses the cicle as a hula hoop

Topic: New Who (Read 373 times) previous topic - next topic

• Pingu

• Monad
Re: New Who
Reply #1
I'm sure there will now be a she Who hoo ha

• Pingu
Reply #2
 :sadyes:

• Pingu
Reply #3

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #4
Apparently some nerds are freaking out about a female doctor.

• Pingu
Reply #5
Well count me as a happy freak.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #6
It's INSANE to think that an alien that can reincarnate as any form would ever choose to be anything other than a white male human.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7
You'd think they'd be cis-thrilled because now they can fantasise about being the next Companion. Oh wait - she's 37, therefore TOO OLD!

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #8

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant in a bad way.  Saw something on Facebook (can't find it now) that their are some fans who are very upset about it.

• Pingu
Reply #9

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant in a bad way.  Saw something on Facebook (can't find it now) that their are some fans who are very upset about it.

hehe.

I know you meant it in a bad way.  But lots of girl nerds are freaking in a  good way.

• MikeS
Reply #10
Is that a Putin picture on the plate in the background?

Reply #11
 :]

I am very happy. There are female actors I may have chosen over her (Tilda Swinton's an obvious one), but movie stars are expensive, so I doubt she'd ever do it. I haven't seen Broadchurch, so I can't judge her acting chops other than only seeing her in Attack The Block with John Boyega (that's a cracking little film if you've not seen it).

My main worry is that Chibnall is the new showrunner, and he's been responsible for some of the worst of the nu-Who scripts.
Why do I bother?

Reply #12
My favourite of the negative reactions has been "what next, Jackie Chan's Poirot?" To which the obvious response is "hell yes, sign me up!"
Why do I bother?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #13
Is that a Putin picture on the plate in the background?
Several commenters said it is Rupert Giles. (Buffy the VS character).

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #14
My favourite of the negative reactions has been "what next, Jackie Chan's Poirot?" To which the obvious response is "hell yes, sign me up!"
That would be awesome.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #16
It's INSANE to think that an alien that can reincarnate as any form would ever choose to be anything other than a white male human.
v. upset that the time traveling alien doesn't have a dick

Reply #17
a spicy take:

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #18
Only XY chromosomes are immutable. :stuckup:

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #19
v. upset that the time traveling alien doesn't have a dick

um how do you work the magic space time traveling box WITHOUT a dong, smart guy?  :smugbert:

• Monad
Reply #20

Yeah it's great - it really makes sense that a time'lord' should be gender and sexuality fluid

Reply #21

Yeah it's great - it really makes sense that a time'lord' should be gender and sexuality fluid
I'm assuming you're serious, but you can guarantee there are a bunch of butthurt morons out there who are saying that because they're being butthurt morons.
Why do I bother?

• ffejrxx
Reply #22
so the sonic screwdriver is really a fleshlight?

• Pingu
Reply #23
:]

I am very happy. There are female actors I may have chosen over her (Tilda Swinton's an obvious one), but movie stars are expensive, so I doubt she'd ever do it. I haven't seen Broadchurch, so I can't judge her acting chops other than only seeing her in Attack The Block with John Boyega (that's a cracking little film if you've not seen it).

My main worry is that Chibnall is the new showrunner, and he's been responsible for some of the worst of the nu-Who scripts.

Tilda Swinton would be amazing.

Reply #24
Yay! Bout time.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)