Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: if anyone on this site uses comic sans i will fucking murder them, is that perfectly clear, jb?

Topic: Comic relief thread (Read 22772 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Comic relief thread
Reply #850
reading this has made me kinda suspicious of chapo and "dirtbag left" tbh: http://www.macleans.ca/society/the-rise-of-the-internets-dirtbag-left/

i can't really help it, i just can't not side-eye something that goes on about the "sanctimonious/puritan PC culture of SJWs" or whatever when it doesn't even even slightly touch on what that kind of thing is about, what it reacts to, in the course of lauding an "irreverent" reaction to it.
It's also ironic that they try that line but they also had a recent episode that was endless whining about Wonder woman and anyone who liked it, but also implications that Alamo Drafthouse is racist against black people because of their no talking policy.

Reply #851
yeah they're definitely not anti-SJW and that accusation is so weird and specious I can't even tell where it's coming from
i guess i should actually be suspicious of the article's spin then

Reply #852
it's spawning some of the spiciest hot takes on the internet though:

Reply #853
It's also ironic that they try that line but they also had a recent episode that was endless whining about Wonder woman and anyone who liked it, but also implications that Alamo Drafthouse is racist against black people because of their no talking policy.

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-119-bating-for-gadot-62517#t=10:33

Reply #854
reading this has made me kinda suspicious of chapo and "dirtbag left" tbh: http://www.macleans.ca/society/the-rise-of-the-internets-dirtbag-left/

i can't really help it, i just can't not side-eye something that goes on about the "sanctimonious/puritan PC culture of SJWs" or whatever when it doesn't even even slightly touch on what that kind of thing is about, what it reacts to, in the course of lauding an "irreverent" reaction to it.
Look, Wonder woman was objectively awesome. So that's just a non starter.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #857

Reply #858

• JonF
Reply #859
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #860

hahaha that fuckin Trump characture

Reply #861

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #862

Reply #863

Reply #865

• JonF
Reply #866
How do you get Trump to change a light bulb?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #867
Can't tell if this actually is conservative humor or if it's a parody of conservative humor.

Reply #868
way too many fucking words, got bored before i figured out whether i should feel insulted or not

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #869
I'm not even convinced it's humour.

Reply #870
way too many fucking words, got bored before i figured out whether i should feel insulted or not
A staple of conservative humor!

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #871
also a staple of conservative humor.

Reply #872
also a staple of conservative humor.