Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: A novel

Topic: A Day without Women (Read 176 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
A Day without Women
I don't know why conservative men are so upset by this.  I mean isn't every day a day without women for them?

:smug:

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Re: A Day without Women
Reply #1
Because it's important to frequently signal your annoyance with the feminists  ::)  and social justice warriors  ::)  who need to just shut up and get a job  ::)  .  That way everyone around you knows you're a hard worker who only cares about truly important things.

I'm not participating but I give exactly zero fucks about people who are.

• MikeS
Reply #2
To be fair, these woman should only take 85% of the day off.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3
I'm feeling like there is a holiday for everything. Lol. International women's day? Really.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most of you have never celebrated this day in previous years. Lol. I do not need a "day" to feel empowered as a women. I can do that on my own everyday. Sigh....
now 4/6/17. National Burrito day. That's something I'll stand behind. Or 7-11. Oh yeah I'm gonna get my free slurped!!!!
Am I alone on this???

My favorite theme so far is that "I don't need this" / "I don't need feminism" / "I'm already empowered and not oppressed."

Well, good for you, but plenty of women do need feminism and plenty of women aren't empowered and are oppressed. All over the fucking world. But it's all about you, isn't it? As long as you are okay, fuck everyone else.

I'm also sick of ignorant Americans not knowing the first fucking thing about the history of this holiday and acting like it's equivalent to :airquote: National Burrito Day :airquote: . All the Russians and Slavs I know have been celebrating this holiday their whole lives, regardless of what they think of the communist origins of it.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #4
I don't know why conservative men are so upset by this.  I mean isn't every day a day without women for them?

:smug:

Conservative women don't like it either.

#ADayWithoutLiberalWomen was trending earlier.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #5
Several national organizers of the Women's March and A Day Without Women, including Linda Sarsour, were arrested outside Trump International Hotel in Manhatten today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/womens-march-organizers-arrested-during-a-day-without-a-woman-strike_us_58c05a70e4b054a0ea67587e?

Reply #6
I will read lysistrata tonight in solidarity
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #7
I admit I'm amazed at how angry and offended so many people are by this Day Without Women thing. If it's so pointless and ineffectual, why write so many angry posts about it?

Reply #8
Maybe it isn't so pointless and ineffectual.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #9
I apparently live in a well crafted and antiseptic facebook bubble.

Even though 99.9% of my posts are public.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #10

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #11
 :grin:
Truth is out of style