Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: The Fourth Estate (Read 145 times) previous topic - next topic

The Fourth Estate
The Daily News won a judgement in NYC that could have direct and immediate effect on the White House's propensity to mess with the access of various out of favor news organizations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/judge-harder-w-h-block-press-briefings-article-1.2985062

Re: The Fourth Estate
Reply #1
Glenn Beck/The Blaze has suspended Tomi Lahren for a week or possibly indefinitely.

Apparently over her mentioning that she's pro-choice and sees the issue as one of government overreach.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #2
Glenn Beck/The Blaze has suspended Tomi Lahren for a week or possibly indefinitely.

Apparently over her mentioning that she's pro-choice and sees the issue as one of government overreach.

So much for the tolerant left.

• Bilirubin
  • Needs a Life
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'

Reply #3
Sorry, find it impossible to have any sympathy for Tomi Lahren

Reply #4
The New York Times' twitter debut, 10 years ago.

I've seen suggestions that NYT should always start social media posts with "Word up!" It is I, the Gray Lady

Reply #5
I think that would be fantastic.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #6
Guys, a guy I went to high school with and debated in Model Congress/UN was on Samantha Bee's show!

He founded a local paper in New Brunswick after graduating from Rutgers and has become a known muckracker and gadfly. He's been arrested at least twice now on bullshit charges that got dismissed. The cops in particular fucking hate him, and a lot of the local politicians are super rude to him when he shows up to public meetings to ask questions. A few months ago, someone sent him a water meter that suggested people at the water authority were rigging shit, and the cops were all over him trying to get the story quiet.

Anyway, here you go!

http://www.avclub.com/article/samantha-bee-tries-save-local-journalism-one-newsp-252584

Reply #7
I saw that episode! He's doing important work!