Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Whatever understanding I developed then is all I have to work from and that has been steadily degrading so I can't do much more than offer pithy one-liners nowadays.

Topic: No, I haven't f(&^)(^ing posted the reply already. (Read 309 times) previous topic - next topic

• JonF
No, I haven't f(&^)(^ing posted the reply already.
Fairly often, maybe 20% of the time, when I click "Post" I'm told I've already posted the message.

Clicking the "Back" button returns me to the previous page with a blank editor window, and the message is not posted.

If I can remember to Control-A Control-C it's not a major problem, just annoying.  If I click "Post" a few seconds later it usually posts.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: No, I haven't f(&^)(^ing posted the reply already.
Reply #1
I haven't experienced that.  I have experienced getting the message and the post having gone through, though.

There's a "save draft" button at the bottom of the post box, and your post gets autosaved every couple minutes.   You can click that instead of copy/paste.  And if you forget to, you can at least get back a chunk of your original post.

You can find your saved drafts on your main profile page.  look for the "show drafts" link.  There's an edit draft button on each post in your list of drafts.  When you click that, your draft gets loaded into an edit box on the thread where you originally wrote it.  From there you can finish your post and post it.

I think this issue is due to being on my tiny personal server space right now.  Once we figure out what we need in the way of a server going forward, I'll get us moved to a more powerful shared server.

• ffejrxx
Reply #2
after posting it moves me to the thread topics list instead of showing my post in the current thread

'Return to topics after posting by default.' is unticked

edit: ticking the box seems to work

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3
sounds like user double-click error

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #4
I haven't had that happen here, but it used to happen with my old wireless mouse when the battery would get low.

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot
Reply #5
after posting it moves me to the thread topics list instead of showing my post in the current thread

'Return to topics after posting by default.' is unticked

edit: ticking the box seems to work
Cracks me up that Elkarte comes pre-set to the "drive by" mode, and "I want to actually have a convo" is an opt-in.
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.

• Faid
Reply #6
It happened to me yesterday. It's definitely a thing that happens
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #7

"It" being what JonF reported?

• Faid
Reply #8
Yes. It also happened today

"It" being what JonF reported?
Sorry, I missed your question. Yeah, and it also happened today a couple times.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.