Re: Now what?
Reply #1
Hai!

I don't understand the question.

Reply #2
o hai
Basically, it's like "Great, what now?"
What the hell happened here?  And how do I get my cool sports dorothy photo back?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3
hey Dorothy.

You might have to wait for the possible resurrection of the TR database.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #4
hi dorothy!

• ffejrxx
Reply #5

Reply #6
hai guyz

This is different.  Is there a back story?

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #7
I don't really understand any of this, but it looks like (1) TR crashed, (2) the company hosting it for us twiddled their thumbs a bit too long, (3) the weekly auto-backup took place as usual, but then a corrupted database overwrote the previous backups, so the only available backup is messed up.

Or something roughly like that.

Anyway, for a while it looked like the 8 years of old posts were gone permanently.  But our Smart PeopleTM haven't given up on resurrecting it all, and lately they've been making noises about maybe maybe having some success there.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Reply #8
o hai
What the hell happened here?  And how do I get my cool sports dorothy photo back?
We gather up our belongings and wander in the desert eating manna for forty years.
er sumtin

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #9
And how do I get my cool sports dorothy photo back?

By photo did you mean an avatar you were using ?

Because it's kind of interesting that a "site:talkrational.org dorothy" image search on DuckDuckGo brings this up as "dorothy's avatar" and it's still linkable to (hosted at) the TR domain. Google brings up a smaller version. It appears any photos posted and some that were embedded can still be retrieved by using proper search terms.

(if that's not what you meant, do you recall the filename of the photo that was uploaded? ~or~ If posted to a thread, the name of the thread? ~and~ It was uploaded to TR and not hosted somewhere else, correct?)
  • Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:52:02 PM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #10
Also, Hi!  :]

(I have an occasional tendency to do things in reverse order)
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #11
I don't really understand any of this, but it looks like (1) TR crashed, (2) the company hosting it for us twiddled their thumbs a bit too long, (3) the weekly auto-backup took place as usual, but then a corrupted database overwrote the previous backups, so the only available backup is messed up.
Or something roughly like that.

Anyway, for a while it looked like the 8 years of old posts were gone permanently.  But our Smart PeopleTM haven't given up on resurrecting it all, and lately they've been making noises about maybe maybe having some success there.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh, I see.  Thanks for the explanation.

Reply #12
o hai
We gather up our belongings and wander in the desert eating manna for forty years.
er sumtin

hmmm. manna is overrated if you ask me.

Reply #13
And how do I get my cool sports dorothy photo back?

By photo did you mean an avatar you were using ?

Because it's kind of interesting that a "site:talkrational.org dorothy" image search on DuckDuckGo brings this up as "dorothy's avatar" and it's still linkable to (hosted at) the TR domain. Google brings up a smaller version. It appears any photos posted and some that were embedded can still be retrieved by using proper search terms.

(if that's not what you meant, do you recall the filename of the photo that was uploaded? ~or~ If posted to a thread, the name of the thread? ~and~ It was uploaded to TR and not hosted somewhere else, correct?)

Yes. that is the one!  Do we know each other?  And I didn't upload it, someone else did it for me if I recall correctly. In fact, someone else found it for me and suggested it as well.  Nice to know that it is accessible.  Maybe not to me because I'd have to figure out what you're talking about, but it's out there at least.  :D

Reply #14
ohhiiiiiiiii
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Reply #15
ohhiiiiiiiii
Hello Lifelong Supreme Leader.  Have we met in another world?

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #16

Yes. that is the one!  Do we know each other?  And I didn't upload it, someone else did it for me if I recall correctly. In fact, someone else found it for me and suggested it as well.  Nice to know that it is accessible.  Maybe not to me because I'd have to figure out what you're talking about, but it's out there at least.  :D

Yay! I guessed correctly.

It appears our generous benefactor and local overlord has resolved the "cool sports dorothy photo" issue from behind the curtain. ravenscape has been a very busy bee lately.

And no, sadly we do not know one another. I'm pretty much a late comer to TR compared to everyone else around here. Lurked for a long time before hand though. I think maybe we spent our time in different parts of the forum, like kids who went to the same school but never had any classes together.

A pleasure to meet you though.  :)

Reply #17
ohhiiiiiiiii
Hello Lifelong Supreme Leader.  Have we met in another world?
yesh. Reign_Cryogen, abuser of shitty mods and keeper of Da Code

:teague:
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Reply #18
Hai dorothy :wave:

• Barb
Reply #19
Hello

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #20
Hi Barb!

Are you a returnee or a new member?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #21
Lol! My memory isn't what it once was.

• Barb
Reply #22
Old timer but was a very irregular poster.  Formerly known as Flaming Buttrash.
  • Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 06:15:54 PM by Barb

• MikeS
Reply #23
Old timer but was a very irregular poster.  Formerly known as Flaming Buttrash.
With your username change, looks like you found found an ointment that works.  :D