Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Be strong

Topic: What Movie have you watched lately? (Read 3599 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What Movie have you watched lately?
Reply #125
Long Way North.

French/Danish animated film about a 14 year old girl in late 19th century Russia following in her adventurous grandfather's footsteps. Simply but beautifully done, and almost entirely devoid of Disney tropes.

• ksen
Reply #126
John Wick: Chapter 2

If you liked the first one, I did, you'll like the second one, I did.

It's a wonderful ballet of death, carnage and revenge.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #127
Who the fuck recommended Blind?  It's in Norwegian with subtitles and very weird. 

Reply #128
Logan

A truly grand finale for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Patrick Stewart's Professor X. Well worth the ticket.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #129
American Psycho

Holy shit this is so self sytrical.  Dexter meets Mad Men meets Wall Street.  80s awesome.
  • Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:28:30 AM by SkepticTank

• nesb
Reply #130
So here's my drunken horror film review for Sinister:

The film has some build up like paranormal activity, and you might be confused by it's description into thinking it's a horror anthology film. It's not. It's not like any of those films. Also, it's not especially scary or original. In the end, I found it anti-climatic. I've seen such a scene before, and watched a far more terrifying movie to get to it.

That said, there was some solid cinematography, and folks who love really slow-burn horror films, might want to check this out. I'm thinking fans of The Babadook, and the like.

• nesb
Reply #131
So here's my drunken horror film review for Sinister:

The film has some build up like paranormal activity, and you might be confused by it's description into thinking it's a horror anthology film. It's not. It's not like any of those films. Also, it's not especially scary or original. In the end, I found it anti-climatic. I've seen such a scene before, and watched a far more terrifying movie to get to it.

That said, there was some solid cinematography, and folks who love really slow-burn horror films, might want to check this out. I'm thinking fans of The Babadook, and the like.

Granted, Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #132
American Psycho

Holy shit this is so self sytrical.  Dexter meets Mad Men meets Wall Street.  80s awesome.

welcome to a hundred years ago!

• MikeB
Reply #133
Yay, talk about 80s awesome.  I just watched 70s awesome 1973 "Westworld" and that movie can hold its own today.  Did I say awesome?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #134
American Psycho

welcome to a hundred years ago!

Yeah, but back when it came out it didn't have that flashback to the 80s vibe.

• Old Dan
Reply #135
Boondock Saints (1999) was on Amazon Prime, yall, and hell, I sure forgot a lotta that! But it was good again, and had lotsa guns.

• ksen
Reply #136
I watched Split about 4 times this weekend.

The movie was really good all by itself but that ending . . .  :cheer:

McAvoy did a great job in this role.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #137
I watched GitS today.

I liked it.

Fite me.

• Monad
Reply #138
Saw GOTG2 over the weekend - it was OK, trying too hard

Reply #139
I watched a movie called "Primer." It's on Netflix now. It's a low-budget indie film released in 2004 but by the looks of it, was shot in the mid to late 90's, and it takes place then, too, during the tech boom leading up to the dot-com bubble. It's a time travel paradox story. Here's a fan-made trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nj5MMURCm8

• nesb
Reply #140
I watched a movie called "Primer." It's on Netflix now. It's a low-budget indie film released in 2004 but by the looks of it, was shot in the mid to late 90's, and it takes place then, too, during the tech boom leading up to the dot-com bubble. It's a time travel paradox story. Here's a fan-made trailer.

Primer is awesome, but ultimately nonsensical. Anyone claiming to have figured it out is full of shit. Still, it's well solid, and a must see for fans of time travel films.

Reply #141

That movie's great. Check out Coherence and Timecrimes. theyre cut from the same cloth.

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #142
Who the fuck recommended Blind?  It's in Norwegian with subtitles and very weird. 

sounds good to me, will watch

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #143
Sully.

I haven't cried that much since Rudy.

Reply #144
I have no desire to watch that movie

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #145
I kept hearing Forrest Gump.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #146
Primer is awesome, but ultimately nonsensical. Anyone claiming to have figured it out is full of shit. Still, it's well solid, and a must see for fans of time travel films.

I watched it years ago.  I kinda want to watch it again to better understand, but just reading the summary on wikipedia, my brain is all WTF?

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #147
"Home Sweet Home the film"

The story of a house which escapes from its suburban foundations and sets off on an epic journey.
by Pierre Clenet, Alejandro Diaz, Romain Mazevet and St├ęphane Paccolat
Original music by Valentin Lafort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKRZn0uS6eA
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• ksen
Reply #148
Finally watched Logan last night.

It was pretty gut-wrenching to see two iconic superheroes brought low by something as simple as age. Would watch again.

• ksen
Reply #149
I also watched the 1960s Batman movie this weekend.  My god, it was awesome.

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."

https://vimeo.com/91815457
  • Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:26:24 AM by ksen