Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: What Movie have you watched lately? (Read 1789 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What Movie have you watched lately?
Reply #125
Long Way North.

French/Danish animated film about a 14 year old girl in late 19th century Russia following in her adventurous grandfather's footsteps. Simply but beautifully done, and almost entirely devoid of Disney tropes.

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #126
John Wick: Chapter 2

If you liked the first one, I did, you'll like the second one, I did.

It's a wonderful ballet of death, carnage and revenge.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #127
Who the fuck recommended Blind?  It's in Norwegian with subtitles and very weird. 

Reply #128
Logan

A truly grand finale for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Patrick Stewart's Professor X. Well worth the ticket.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #129
American Psycho

Holy shit this is so self sytrical.  Dexter meets Mad Men meets Wall Street.  80s awesome.
  • Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:28:30 AM by SkepticTank

• nesb

Reply #130
So here's my drunken horror film review for Sinister:

The film has some build up like paranormal activity, and you might be confused by it's description into thinking it's a horror anthology film. It's not. It's not like any of those films. Also, it's not especially scary or original. In the end, I found it anti-climatic. I've seen such a scene before, and watched a far more terrifying movie to get to it.

That said, there was some solid cinematography, and folks who love really slow-burn horror films, might want to check this out. I'm thinking fans of The Babadook, and the like.

• nesb

Reply #131
So here's my drunken horror film review for Sinister:

The film has some build up like paranormal activity, and you might be confused by it's description into thinking it's a horror anthology film. It's not. It's not like any of those films. Also, it's not especially scary or original. In the end, I found it anti-climatic. I've seen such a scene before, and watched a far more terrifying movie to get to it.

That said, there was some solid cinematography, and folks who love really slow-burn horror films, might want to check this out. I'm thinking fans of The Babadook, and the like.

Granted, Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #132
American Psycho

Holy shit this is so self sytrical.  Dexter meets Mad Men meets Wall Street.  80s awesome.

welcome to a hundred years ago!

• MikeB

Reply #133
Yay, talk about 80s awesome.  I just watched 70s awesome 1973 "Westworld" and that movie can hold its own today.  Did I say awesome?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #134
American Psycho

welcome to a hundred years ago!

Yeah, but back when it came out it didn't have that flashback to the 80s vibe.