Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Stop posting

Topic: Where the fuck was my post moved? (Read 210 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Where the fuck was my post moved?
Ok, so we're starting to use the mod buttons occasionally to do stuff.  This brings up some topics that need to be sorted.

1.  How to move topics from one thread to another. 

It's a two-step process in Elkarte.  First you split the topics into a new thread.  Then you merge the new thread with the desired destination thread.  The "Split" and "Merge" buttons are underneath the last post of each thread page.

2.  Fucking reports.  The report system in Elkarte is behind the scenes, and doesn't create a new thread.  There's a mod to the ancestor forum software (Simple Machines) that turns reports into threads, and it can probably be adapted to Elkarte down the road somewhere.

3.  What do?

I propose that we log routine mod-editing actions in a thread in TSO.  Something to the effect of "Moved some posts from thread X to thread Y".   If a report needs "what should we do?" philosophical discussion, then whoever first sees the report should start a thread about it.  We might eventually need a subforum. 

Does that sound adequate for now?  Other suggestions?

• Pingu
Re: Where the fuck was my post moved?
Reply #1
Maybe things don't need to be so complicated as they used to be.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #2
I doubt there will be many philosophical discussions about what to do with a report.  There haven't been in a long while afaik

Somehow I've wound up back in the middle of shit.  :(

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3
You missed it, didn't you?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #4