Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Hello everyone? (Read 242 times) previous topic - next topic

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused

Hello everyone?
Hello. I am stuck in Taloyoak, Nunavut, Canada for an undetermined amount of time. I guess even Inuit people need electricity in their homes. The 24 hours of daylight is really mucking with the internal clock. Hope everyone else is feeling a bit more sane.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• MikeS
  • Needs a Life

Re: Hello everyone?
Reply #1
Well, the UK just voted to leave the EU so the end times are upon us.
Otherwise, hello.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism

Reply #2
Hi fred.
Hope everyone else is feeling a bit more sane.
I wouldn't count on it.

But yeah, I can see the 24-hour daylight thing being tough to handle.  I don't think I've ever been that far north, myself.  Except maybe while in the air.

Reply #3
Trades workers I know who've worked that far North describe doing everything they can to darken their sleeping spaces, otherwise sleep is severely disrupted.

Reply #4
Oh hi there.

Reply #5
I am only in Stockholm and the light is crazy. I woke up at 4 this morning in broad daylight.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #6
At least you have internet. By the way, you should explain to the locals about straw bale houses and goats so they can learn to live the good life.

Reply #7
I am only in Stockholm and the light is crazy. I woke up at 4 this morning in broad daylight.
Is that what they call ... Stockholm Syndrome?

Reply #8
Good to see you Stevie. Rumour has it you've been gandalfing about in the mountains leading a fellowship of some kind.

Reply #9
I think maybe that is Stockholm syndrome. Another 4:30 morning. Hi Stevie.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused

Reply #10
At least you have internet. By the way, you should explain to the locals about straw bale houses and goats so they can learn to live the good life.
I was thinking that. So much vacant land here, just shy a couple of trees. I think a flerd should get the rain going and wham-o, nice woodland for ecosystem restoration. Or something. The straw bales would have to come in on the barge in a month since the ocean is still pretty frozen.

Internet comes in and out. Today is a good day.

It's a weird place. A lot of it looks like an industrial waste yard. There are some nice new government buildings sitting beside their abandoned predecessors. About half the buildings are boarded up. The concept of dismantling and cleaning up obsolete housing and equipment seems not to have occurred to anyone. There are about 8 kids for every adult and as far as I can tell the adults principal source of income is handouts for breeding. I can't for the life of me figure out why the place even exists. People should not be here, at least not permanently. There's no farming, not much fishing and very limited hunting. People here don't produce anything and the only employer is government services and the 2 grocery stores, where a can of Coke costs $4.29.
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins