Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: We could use a Police Abuse sticky - Part 3 - Zombie Edition (Read 2524 times) previous topic - next topic

• el jefe
  • Needs a Life
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024

Re: We could use a Police Abuse sticky - Part 3 - Zombie Edition
Reply #175
mistrial means they can try again with a new jury, right?

if so, maybe there's hope in that the jury was 11/12 white, and only one didn't want to convict

• RAFH
  • Needs a Life
  • Have a life, already.

Reply #176
mistrial means they can try again with a new jury, right?

if so, maybe there's hope in that the jury was 11/12 white, and only one didn't want to convict
Yes, I believe with a mistrial, a new trial is the usual, unless the prosecution declines. I don't know the law in this jurisdiction.

As to hope, I suppose, but it's just as possible the new jury would include s similar individual. Hopefully the prosecution will take this opportunity to choose the jurors more carefully and to present a more effective case.
Are we there yet?

Reply #177
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #178
#putouttheireyes

• ToThePoint
  • Needs a Life
  • search & destroy

Reply #179
In Bakersfield, CA - Police Kill 73 year old man who was unarmed, suffering from dementia, and holding a crucifix

TheDailyBeast.com
A California man believed to be armed was found to be carrying just a wooden crucifix after police shot him dead early Monday morning, according to local media reports. Bakersfield Assistant Police Chief Lyle Martin said officers responded to a report of a man acting strangely. Officers had been told that he was holding a revolver. When they arrived, Francisco Serna, a 73-year-old who was struggling with dementia,  allegedly failed to respond to orders that he stop walking toward them and take his hands out of his jacket pocket. Seven officers responded to the scene, and one of those officers, identified as Reagan Selman, fired seven shots at Serna, CNN reports. Serna died at the scene. He was unarmed, officers later learned he was carrying the religious object. His daughter, Laura Serna, told a local CNN affiliate that police "murdered my father for no reason." Martin told reporters, "This is a tragic incident for their family, for the community as a whole, and for the police department."

more of the incident at CNN.com
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #180
wrong thread!

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #181
Deputy befriends elderly woman, steals her dog, steals her money, tries to murder her when he gets put on administrative leave:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2017/01/24/a-deputy-befriended-an-elderly-woman-then-stole-her-dog-and-tried-to-kill-her-police-say/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.822bd64328c4

Reply #182
Deputy befriends elderly woman, steals her dog, steals her money, tries to murder her when he gets put on administrative leave:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2017/01/24/a-deputy-befriended-an-elderly-woman-then-stole-her-dog-and-tried-to-kill-her-police-say/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.822bd64328c4
Holy fuck, that is bizarre. Do police depts even have any kind of screening these days? Or do they actively recruit sociopaths?

Reply #183
Holy fuck, that is bizarre. Do police depts even have any kind of screening these days? Or do they actively recruit sociopaths?
you don't need to actively recruit people who are naturally attracted to certain kinds of jobs.

• Bilirubin
  • Needs a Life
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #185
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-sign-executive-order-police-more-authority-murder-shooting-us-president-jeff-sessions-a7572001.html
So what do these Executive Actions do, other than talk tough?
"First, I'm directing Department of Justice & Homeland Security to undertake all necessary and lawful action to break the back of the criminal cartels that have spread across our nation and are destroying the blood of our youth and other people, many other people,"
They've been holding back heretofore?
"Secondly, I'm directing Department of Justice to form a task force on reducing violent crime in America...
Oh! A task force! Well then.
"And thirdly, I'm directing the Department of Justice to implement a plan to stop crime and crimes of violence against law enforcement officers."
"implement a plan"?  What plan might that be?

"It's a shame what's been happening to our great, truly great, law enforcement officers," Trump said. "That's going to stop, as of today."
Really.
"Today"
How is that going to work?

"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #186
I've got an idea. Stop killing so many people and making so many enemies and people will stop killing you because you earned it. Howsat?

• MikeS
  • Needs a Life

Reply #187
"It's a shame what's been happening to our great, truly great, law enforcement officers," Trump said. "That's going to stop, as of today."
Really.
"Today"
How is that going to work?
Force of will.  It's how all the other EO's have been "actionated".

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #188
Protesters gather in Anaheim over LAPD officer firing gun during confrontation with teens

A 13-year-old boy is accused of threatening to shoot the off-duty officer, at which time the officer attempted to detain the boy until Anaheim police arrived, Wyatt said. That led to a physical confrontation between the officer and several other juveniles.

At that time, the officer, who hasn't been identified, discharged his gun once.

The 13-year-old was booked at Orange County Juvenile Hall on suspicion of criminal threats and battery. A 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of assault and battery and released to his parents.

The off-duty officer had not been arrested, and a criminal investigation into the incident was underway. The LAPD's Force Investigation Division is also looking into the altercation and the officer has been placed on administrative leave, the LAPD said.

Basically young girl walks across off-duty cop's yard.  Off-duty cop calls her a "cunt".  13 year old boy calls off-duty cop out for calling his friend a cunt.  Off-duty cop drags kid through the shrubs and into his yard.  Kid's friends help get him away from the off-duty cop.  Off-duty cop pulls gun and fires not hitting anyone.  Protests break out.  Bunck of protesters and a couple of the original kids arrested.  Off-duty cop that fired his weapon at young teens not arrested.

Makes perfect sense.

And . . . TRUMP!!! :cheer:

Reply #189

Reply #190
That guy is a candidate for deocculization.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #191
Guys, I'm just reliefed the Officer got Home Safe to his family that day. :911:

Reply #192
Guys, I'm just reliefed the Officer got Home Safe to his family that day. :911:

This post is such a work of art.  I'm in awe.

• Bilirubin
  • Needs a Life
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'

Reply #193

Reply #194
I don't get why the courts continue to side with the cops on these cases. Do they think the cops are suddenly going to stop arresting people and bringing them to the courts if that happens?  It just does not make any sense to me.

Reply #195
I don't get why the courts continue to side with the cops on these cases. Do they think the cops are suddenly going to stop arresting people and bringing them to the courts if that happens?  It just does not make any sense to me.
DA's need cops to get convictions. But why they don't import Prosecutors from out of district specially to prosecute cops is beyond me. There is built in obstruction of justice in the current system.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #196
Another example of why you probably shouldn't fucking bother reporting sexual assault anyway and why you should never trust men:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/a-florida-police-officer-accused-of-forcing-a-woman-to?utm_term=.rcp71Mn6yz#.di58j5l1nP

Reply #197
Once she stopped, she said Burgos stroked his penis until he ejaculated into a micro-fiber towel he removed from the center console of his car.

TMI?

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #198
That part is irrelevant. This part isn't:

The Orlando Police Department is now conducting an internal investigation to determine whether any policy violations occurred, a police spokesperson told BuzzFeed News.

Burgos, an 18-year veteran of the police department, has been stripped of his badge and gun and continues to work in a desk assignment, the spokesperson said.
If no "policy violations" occurred, why has he been stripped of his badge and gun and reassigned to desk work?
Truth is out of style

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #199
$5 says he's done terrible shit before and they've managed to keep it quiet, so this time they have to kind of make it look like they're taking it "seriously" even though he won't be charged and will be back on the street with his badge and gun in time. People don't just randomly sexually assault women once and then never do it again.