Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Direct Down Wind Faster Than The Wind (Read 5212 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Direct Down Wind Faster Than The Wind
Reply #725
This forum is the refuge of trolls and idiots.
Every forum of which you are a member is a refuge of at least one idiot troll.  Mathematically provable.

No intelligent person is going to stay here very long.

I guess that's why  you're hanging around.

Reply #726
The real question is how can a million tons of water float in the sky?

You can't explain it.
Believers never stop believing.

It's easy to explain.  Electricity.  Electrons enter our atmosphere constantly from above.  It's called the solar wind.  We also know it as static electricity.  H2O microdroplets have a positively charged external shell (related to surface tension).  Water microdroplets rise to balance out these charges.

It's simple physics.

BTW, this was first theorized by Velikovsky in 1946:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16597#p118190

Wow. He's citing Velikovsky, and he thinks everyone else is ignorant about science.
  • Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:49:47 PM by CORed

Reply #727
Is Jim gone?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• spork

Reply #728
I think he found a group with a better impedance match.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16613

Reply #729
Dude has issues.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #730
Hang on, the people who run that site seriously think Velikovsky has credibility? WTF?
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #731
Oh for anyone who isn't up to speed on this (wasn't myself until just now):

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Electric_Universe

EU figureheads Wallace Thornhill and David Talbott are staunch supporters of Velikovsky's mythological-based fairy tales and often pay tribute to the enormous influence he has had on shaping their own far-fetched theories.

The Electric Universe, Wallace Thornhill's website
Thunderbolts Forum, probably the most popular EU advocate website, run by David Talbott
Thornhill says Thunderbox.disinfo is his sister site.
Truth is out of style

• spork

Reply #732
Hang on, the people who run that site seriously think Velikovsky has credibility? WTF?

I'm tellin' ya - perfect impedance match.  He's found his people.

Reply #733

I'm tellin' ya - perfect impedance match.  He's found his people.

I think you're right. BTW, I have frequently seen the thunderbolts forum referred to as the thunderdolts forum. Based on the two threads that he has participated in here, I think our friend will fit right in over there.

• MikeB

Reply #734

EU figureheads Wallace Thornhill and David Talbott are staunch supporters of Velikovsky's mythological-based fairy tales and often pay tribute to the enormous influence he has had on shaping their own far-fetched theories.

Thunderbolts Forum, probably the most popular EU advocate website, run by David Talbott
I can confidently tell you that we do not use "Electric Universe" theory to guide exploratory spacecraft through our solar system.  Gravity theory seems all that's needed.

Reply #735

I can confidently tell you that we do not use "Electric Universe" theory to guide exploratory spacecraft through our solar system.  Gravity theory seems all that's needed.

Most Electric Universe advocates have math skills that seem to top out somewhere between long division and linear algebra (or less).

Reply #736

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #737
That has nothing to do with the topic!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #738
That has nothing to do with the topic!

So you say, but can you prove it?

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #739
Oh snap!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #740
One thing most of us learned from the very long topic, and the entire experience, is that actually building a craft and measuring it doing something, for some people, is not evidence of it really doing something.  Because when just anyone can decide what is evidence, there is no hope for science.
― Mark Twain 🔭

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #741
It also exemplifies bias, since if you already know something can't be true, no amount of evidence will sway you.  This is a universal problem of most of mankind.
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #742
So you guys found another denier? Wonder what Humber is up to these days? And will RR finally do his long promised test runs of his latest cart this fall?

To show how naive I was I actually believed at some point Humber and the 2 others who's names I've forgotten..Harold something and the later guy...would finally get it after I posted that letter from the guy in charge of the AP test saying none of the teachers had challenged question 11 on that test in 2014, How could they all miss the difference gearing could make? Never understood that one.

Oh well, we now live in a 'post reality' world and maybe Humber was a prophet preparing us for Trump. Such is life..

Reply #743
So you guys found another denier? Wonder what Humber is up to these days? And will RR finally do his long promised test runs of his latest cart this fall?

To show how naive I was I actually believed at some point Humber and the 2 others who's names I've forgotten..Harold something and the later guy...would finally get it after I posted that letter from the guy in charge of the AP test saying none of the teachers had challenged question 11 on that test in 2014, How could they all miss the difference gearing could make? Never understood that one.

Oh well, we now live in a 'post reality' world and maybe Humber was a prophet preparing us for Trump. Such is life..

He wasn't a denier, exactly (he accepted that ddwfttw works), but he was convinced that spork (and just about everyone else in the conversation) were explaining it incorrectly (and it was obvious from this thread and another that he participated in that he had no clue what he was talking about).

Reply #744
Hey CORed. I see some of the old gang is still around. Anyone seen Windgrins? RidgeRuner?

After 20 years on the net I still hold this thread as the most entertaining I've ever encountered. Any of you folks on FaceBook? I spend most of my time now reading news feeds there and a few folks I follow who generate interesting discussions. One is John Freestone, for those who go back to JREF and RDF. Here he was Liberated Rock Chick iirc, and we've stayed int touch via voice mails.

Sad to see the message boards all decline, and have a lot of theories on why. Would enjoy reading any thoughts on this subject. Hope all of those who made this thread so informative are doing well, and drop in to say hi on occasion.

Reply #745
Hi arpie! How have you been?

Reply #746
Suicidal, Valor. And you?  :stareicide:

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #747
― Mark Twain 🔭

Reply #748

Reply #749
you shouldn't joke about suicide, but Howard Hesseman is pretty cool. sometimes I will watch WKRP reruns.