Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational  - "Talk Rational"

Topic: I'm back (Read 362 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm back
Hey y'all.

I don't know if you remember me, but I used to post here occasionally about seven or eight years ago.

I got the mailshot and thought what the hell. So I signed up again with a new account.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: I'm back
Reply #1
Welcome back. :)

Reply #2
So have I missed anything important?

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #3
TR has mellowed.  Insulting each other mercilessly is still allowed, but we don't seem to bother with it.  Not as much, anyway.

Reply #4
It's become both more and less interesting.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #5
It's become both more and less interesting.
Not unlike your mom.

Reply #6
That is true on many levels.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #7
Hey!  Good to see you!  What are you up to these days?

Reply #8
I'm doing quite well. To be honest, not that much has changed in the last seven years.

I'm still living in the same house. I'm still married to Holly and the kids are growing up. The eldest is now 12 and in secondary school, and the youngest has almost finished primary school. Unfortunately he is on the autistic spectrum and although he's really smart he finds it difficult to cope with school, but he's doing as well as can be expected (and the school are great about it).

I'm still working with computers, but I've stopped being a code monkey and moved into management.

How about you? I see you're still an admin here. Any of the other "old guard" admins still around?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #9
The title is misleading!  I'm still a sysadmin, but I stopped adminning a few years ago.  Jet Black is modding science still.  I think everyone else on staff is new blood, though most were members during the first year or two.

I chucked my job in 2014.  I'm working on a couple SF novels and will probably publish one later this year.

Reply #10
I've been doing writing myself in my spare time - but role playing game books (you know, like Dungeons and Dragons) rather than fiction.

It's a rather niche market, and I sell just enough books to cover the cost of the books I buy!

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #11
How about you? I see you're still an admin here. Any of the other "old guard" admins still around?
Oh, you missed the great schism where Pendaric pissed off and started another forum?

Reply #12
I was definitely around for that. In fact I think I may have started it...

I left about a year later when my work clamped down on Internet use and blocked the site.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #13
Did you have a different username? I don't see any Ludwigs on the old memberlist.

http://talkrational.org/archive/memberlist.php?&pp=30&order=asc&sort=username&ltr=L&page=4

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #14
He was Umop.  And Monkeypants at rnr I think.
  • Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:27:55 AM by ravenscape

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #15
Ahh, of course I remember umop.
  • Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:28:11 AM by SkepticTank

Reply #16
Well, whoever you were, you are who you are. Welcome.

Reply #17
I'm doing quite well. To be honest, not that much has changed in the last seven years.

I'm still living in the same house. I'm still married to Holly and the kids are growing up. The eldest is now 12 and in secondary school, and the youngest has almost finished primary school. Unfortunately he is on the autistic spectrum and although he's really smart he finds it difficult to cope with school, but he's doing as well as can be expected (and the school are great about it).

I'm still working with computers, but I've stopped being a code monkey and moved into management.

Show me someone who is logical and rational and I will show you someone on the spectrum.

And Raven is an admin?
She is the "somebody" as in "somebody will look after it"