Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational Mafia: Where paranoia and misplaced trust reign supreme.

Topic: Shouldn't there be a public reports forum? (Read 295 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Shouldn't there be a public reports forum?
Just askin'.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Shouldn't there be a public reports forum?
Reply #1
ElkArte doesn't facilitate public reports.  There's a hack to ElkArte's parent forum software (Simple Machines) that gives that functionality.  I'm hoping when os has time, he and I can take a look at it and see how easy/messy it would be to adapt to this forum app.

So far, it's not a priority mostly because we're not getting many reports, and the couple that did come in were pretty meh.

I suggested somewhere that mods/admins start a thread in TSO in the event of a report requiring a policy/procedure type discussion that should happen publicly.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #2
I'm sure we will if a report comes up that needs to be public. I've only seen 1 report, it wasn't actionable.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3
Unless you want all reports, including ones that are just 'I don't like this' to be recorded publicly. We could do that.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #4
who cares

• Old Dan
Reply #5
Reports aint gotta be open/public, aint most of 'em about movin posts to the right forum, or askin fer technical help? or callin fer Dave  Hawkins to be banned, which would make alla yall real sad, 'cause folks sure do love arguin with him.

Reply #6
Reports aint gotta be open/public, aint most of 'em about movin posts to the right forum, or askin fer technical help? or callin fer Dave  Hawkins to be banned, which would make alla yall real sad, 'cause folks sure do love arguin with him.
Luke 15:7

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #7

Won't somebody please think of the charter.