Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• "Hasn't the Recall process been mocked enough? "  "no"  "colored signature lists... something else that hasn't been mocked enough."

Topic: Flo here (Read 535 times) previous topic - next topic

Flo here
Hello, boys, it's Flo.  :wave:

I see you've redecorated. Is there a cafeteria now, or a food court?
Miracle Whipper

Re: Flo here
Reply #1
Also, why is there  a big empty circle next to my name and post title in the thread list?  :???:
Miracle Whipper

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #2
Hi Flo!  :wave:
Also, why is there  a big empty circle next to my name and post title in the thread list?  :???:
Because you haven't chosen an avatar.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3
Welcome home, Flo.

• MikeS
Reply #4
It must be that time of month.  Flo is here.

Reply #5
Hiflo
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #6
Yo, Flo.  :cheer:

Because you haven't chosen an avatar.

Yeah, that's the only thing about the Storm Cloud layout I don't care for, the circular vignetting of avatars. I love the grey color scheme and general layout of it but I'm one of the 13 or so rebels that's not using the forum default 'cause it irks me too much.

* This comment is not to be confused with a complaint.
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #7
Greetings, Flo.

From the "Admin nomination thread Jan 2015".....
http://talkrational.org/archive/showthread.php?t=65109

LINK  < Too bad you declined the nomination.

Not only would you have won in a landslide victory with the silent majority;  you would have made an engaging admin, Ms. Jellem.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #8
Yeah, that's the only thing about the Storm Cloud layout I don't care for, the circular vignetting of avatars.

Easily fixed. Just install the Stylish browser extension, then create a new style for TR with the following CSS:

Code: [Select]
.poster_avatar img {
    border-radius: 0
}

• MikeB
Reply #9

Hey! How has Professor Dunwiddle been?  Being a gentleman I hope...

• Old Dan
Reply #10
Howdy, Mizz Jellem.

Reply #11
 :ohmy: at the admin thing.

That's very touching, boys. I was a hall monitor back when I was professing home economics at Chester Alan Arthur Junior High. Is that anything like being an admin? You'd be surprised at how the simple expedient of  a spatula applied in a timely fashion and with near-lethal force keeps the rug rats circulating expeditiously to and from class with a minimum of knife fights, public fornication and suchlike hijinks.

Thanks for the nice welcome back. :)

Incidentally, does that nice Christian gentleman still post here? His name escapes me at the moment. I think he said he was living in a Dumpster covered by a flammable tarpaulin in the parking lot of a big-box Walmart Superstore in the hinterlands of Missouri, where he was trying to grow crops on the macadam to feed the world sustainably with as little work as possible. Apparently he was having a hard time making a go of it. :( I think he said that he owned some goats and a giraffe, and that he shit (pardon Flo's French) in potholes on the road. Does any of that ring a bell? I may have gotten some of the details wrong because of early-stage dementia. I certainly enjoyed reading his stuff, but my goodness I hope by now his family has staged an intervention on that poor boy's behalf. If you hear from him tell him he is Flo's prayers.

Also tell him that if he is single or hard up,  as I imagine a hobo must be, I may have a date for him. :)

Yours in Christ,
Flo Jellem
Miracle Whipper

Reply #12
He still posts here.

He amazing. He was able to get rabbits to not reproduce.
Unfortunately he wanted more.

His latest thread is about how he is sure that the ancients had more knowledge than we do because they used inaccurate measurements that are easier to remember than the accurate numbers.
Except he does not seem to realise that that is what he is claiming.

ETA and he is not from the city of Nice.
You could not have meant that he is nice, as in polite.

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #13
Yeah, that's the only thing about the Storm Cloud layout I don't care for, the circular vignetting of avatars.

Easily fixed. Just install the Stylish browser extension, then create a new style for TR with the following CSS:

Code: [Select]
.poster_avatar img {
    border-radius: 0
}

Sweet, thank you Martin.  :hattip:

(plz pardon the shop talk Flo)
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

Reply #14
He still posts here.

He amazing. He was able to get rabbits to not reproduce.
Unfortunately he wanted more.

His latest thread is about how he is sure that the ancients had more knowledge than we do because they used inaccurate measurements that are easier to remember than the accurate numbers.
Except he does not seem to realise that that is what he is claiming.

ETA and he is not from the city of Nice.
You could not have meant that he is nice, as in polite.

Oh, yes, I see that he is still here! Dave Hawkins, that's the name. Flo is getting terrible with names in her dotage. :(

Growing old isn't for pussies, boys, if you take my meaning.

I see that he has started a thread on the length of Noah's cubit, and said that Newton concluded that it was 25 inches.

Mind you, I don't want to quarrel with Newton --  I'm aware that he was a great scientist -- but I think a 25-inch cubit for anyone is pretty far-fetched.

OTOH, maybe that's why Noah made sure to bring  a female elephant on board.   :ohmy:
Miracle Whipper

Reply #15

Hey! How has Professor Dunwiddle been?  Being a gentleman I hope...

Thanks for asking after Dunwiddle, dear. I'm afraid the poor man was felled by a stroke that has confined him to a wheelchair and rendered him mostly mute. :(

He and I were members of the "Silent Generation" that came after the "Greatest Generation" but before the "Baby Boomers." Ironically enough, though a member of the Silent Generation,  Dunwiddle could never stop talking. He was constantly yammering on about philosophy and sex, or sex and philosophy. One time before his stroke he visited me for brunch and I poured him a nice piping hot cup of STFU, but he didn't take the hint. Instead he made a clumsy pass at me. In the end it would never have worked between us because had had no interest at all in the topic of food preparation. I believe I could have put up with all of his foibles if only he had taken some interest in cheese.

The last time I visited him in the assisted living facility to which he is now confined he lurched about in his wheelchair and then shot out a hand in an effort to grab one of my withered breasts and managed to choke out in a strangled voice, "Mein Flo-er!" Then, in Strangelovian fashion, with his free hand he beat down his outstretched arm. He even managed to rise to his feet for a few moments before collapsing onto the floor. It was all quite sad. :(

As for me, my get up and go seems to have got up and gone. :( Mostly I spend my days drinking whiskey, watching Fox News and masturbating while waiting for Jesus to knock on my door and invite me outside to step into the limo that will drive me to heaven, where a celestial kitchen awaits with a fridge that never runs out of  Kraft American cheese-like product or Miracle Whip mayo.
Miracle Whipper

Reply #16

Reply #17
I figured how to upload an image of a jar of Miracle Whip mayonnaise as my avatar, boys. :) That's pretty good progress considering that some time back I tried to send chocolate chip cookies via Email by placing them in my desktop computer's CD-ROM tray and then randomly banging down on some buttons. It didn't work. :(
Miracle Whipper

• ksen
Reply #18

The new forum posts a pic of your soul next to your post titles.

eta: also, welcome home Miss Flo.
  • Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:22:45 AM by ksen

Reply #19
Actually my soul is now filled with Miracle Whip mayo. :) Just smear that stuff on American Kraft individually wrapped cheese-like substance on Wonder Bread, with a Vlasic pickle ("Taste What a Pickle Can Do") on the side, and you are good to go.

Incidentally, my nephew and his friend have started on online publishing venture. So far two novels are available. I'm a character in one of them, entitled "The Pood." In it, I am violently slaughtered within the first 30 pages. My foot is gnawed off, and then I am set on fire. This takes place inside of my fuel-efficient 1977 Toyota Corolla. The car crashes into a tree and I am completely immolated. :(  Later, however, I am resurrected and betrothed to the Devil, who is  modeled on the devil who met with Ivan in The Brothers Karamazov. He is a sad-sack, pill-popping loser who lives in a filthy basement  apartment in Hell, Michigan, along with  a motley assortment of asps, flunkies, deformities and She Things. My nephew wrote this. I wonder if he is trying to tell me something? :???:

The other book is about Abraham Lincoln coming back to life and running against Donald Trump for president in 2016  with the nation on the brink of a second Civil War. I don't think I am a character in that novel, thank Jesus.

I hope it is not against the Law here to post links to these materials. If my nephew doesn't succeed at this, I am afraid he is going to wind up living in a Dumpster in Akron, Ohio, or selling his organs for opioids. Here are the links:

Pood Paw Prints

Pood Paw Prints Facefuck page

The Pood

Abe 2.0: Welcome to the Asylum, Mr. President

Perhaps some of you might actually enjoy reading about Flo being mercilessly slaughtered and then later plighting her troth to the Suzerain of Stinkerdom.  :whyyou:
Miracle Whipper

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #20
Suzerain of Stinkerdom is an awesome title.

Someday in the not too distant future, I'll have a novel to hawk, It's with great interest that I watch how your venture into TR advertising goes!