Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Smilies: attention O great and powerful Os. (Read 603 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smilies: attention O great and powerful Os.
Reply #25
What does it meannnn? :ohdear:

Reply #26
it means you may not be the largest post count title holder :shrug:

Reply #27
Okay!  So I have organized the smilies into a ton of tabs.

Base is what I think are our most often used smaller smilies.  On my devices (except phone) this is two rows of smilies.

If this is too many for the base group, then I'll need some input on which ones should be moved into another tab.

If you move out of the base tab into one of the other tabs, don't bitch at me about how huge the list is.  It's a compromise between the add-on and our huge and silly list of smilies large and small.

Tab 1 is a ton of our traditional smiles.  I'll consider splitting it into two tabs...reluctantly.

Tab 2 is chronologically the first major list of medium-sized smilies that were added in 2009, I think.  They were lovingly created/chosen years ago by someone who had specific members in mind for each one of them.  Neither the creator nor I have never divulged which smilies were inspired by which members and the secrets are going with us to our graves.  There are also some other smilies of roughly the same size and temperament that I threw in just to confound the folks who may try to match smilies to members.  Some of the members have moved on to tamer pastures and will be difficult to guess because they are relatively unknown. Have fun!

Tab 3 is our large-ish vanity smilies and "_____ say" smilies.

Tab 4 is our huge baby face smilies.  One of them is actually a TR baby.  In real life he/she is in elementary school!

Tab 5 is our wild kingdom

Tab 6 is our holiday/birthday smilies

Tab 7 is a collection of our large emotes

Tab 8 is a huge smilie that is kind of an emote and kind of a vanity and it's just too damn big.  If we add any other too damn big smilies in the future they'll go into this tab.

There *may* be a way to give these tabs meaningful names someday, but not at the moment.

/battens hatches and awaits the storm.

Reply #28
can you rename the tabs?

edit I mean, is it possible. I don't have any ideas, just wondering.

Reply #29
There's a discussion going on with the guy who developed this add-on about if it's possible to rename tabs, and if so how.  I'm following the discussion very closely!

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #30
I can only see 3 tabs: Base, 1 & 2.
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #31
There's a discussion going on with the guy who developed this add-on about if it's possible to rename tabs, and if so how.  I'm following the discussion very closely!
Would be possible. Even if Ema doesn't want to do it. I could do it just with CSS tweaks.
Truth is out of style

Reply #32
Try refreshing.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #33
Ok, got them now.
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #34
Hey this works for renaming tabs: http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1749.30

Since it's a CSS dodge it would have to be applied to the custom.css in all themes.

ETA: Well ok, there's one minor PHP edit to the add-on's language string too.
Truth is out of style

• Pandora
  • Resurrected Robot

Reply #35
We're a weird bunch of weirdos.
Just because you're unique doesn't mean you're useful.