Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We can't be bothered to ban you.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 84816 times) previous topic - next topic

Pavlovs Dog, uncool and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #50
...  he just talks and writes like such a fucking child. "very rude to a very good man" jesus fucking christ
this "good man" thing seems to have become some kind of talisman.
Multiple times during the campaign, when the subject came up of what a complete shit Trump had shown himself to be (his tirades about "Lyin' Ted", "Crooked Hillary"... the Access Hollywood tapes... ) Pence would ignore all that and say things like "It's time for us to come together around this good man,"

I also saw allegedly conservative christian commenters on various internet posts echoing the same formulation.

I think Trump is just replicating the meme here.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #51
General James (Mad Dog) Mattis is being considered for Secretary of Defense.

And Pence said yesterday that Romney is under consideration for Secretary of State.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-transition-twitter-231684

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/19/politics/donald-trump-james-mattis-defense-secretary/index.html

Reply #52
we shouldn't have made fun of jeb's exclamation point.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #53
The Hamilton thing is still a thing.

Last night Trump posted and then deleted this tweet:

This morning he tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800298286204723200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He's also demanding equal time on SNL after last night's show.  He apparently things the equal time rule applies after the race is won.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #54
Filing this under twitter-as-distraction,

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/19/13685762/donald-trump-hamilton-distraction

I had not read anywhere that Congress's phones got jammed by citizens calling in and asking members to do something about Donald Trump's financial conflicts of interest.

Reply #55
read somewhere that after jan 20th deleting a tweet will be illegal for him under the presidential records act. lmao if true.

Reply #56
so what exciting reforms can we expect at the inevitable constitutional convention once the republican party wins one more state government?

Reply #57
Abolition of Presidential term limits?

Reply #58
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #59
He's also demanding equal time on SNL after last night's show.  He apparently things the equal time rule applies after the race is won.

Baldwin's response.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #60
Trump's potential secretary of state list reportedly narrowed down to Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney

Well, I'm not sure I believe this.
But in light of the fact that Romney is on record as being opposed to pretty much all of Trump's campaign rhetoric wrt foreign policy (quite aside from the multiple public personal insults between the two) I find it difficult to imagine how an SoS Romney would make sense. 

But then, when has  'making sense' had anything at all to do with the Trumpocalypse?
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #61
hopefully, some of trump's crazier / more extreme picks will have trouble getting confirmed by the senate.  it's not just that the democrats will have 48 (49?) seats, it's that there are several republicans who are likely to oppose him on various appointees, for various reasons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/17/6-senate-republicans-who-could-make-life-very-difficult-for-donald-trump/

similarly for passing laws, of course.

• el jefe
Reply #62
I think i just realized why bannon got a weird, made-up job title.  they realized he'd never get confirmed by the senate for a cabinet position, so they gave him a "presidential aide" sort of position that doesn't require confirmation.

n/m, the real position he was being considered for, chief of staff, doesn't require confirmation anyway.
  • Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:26:49 PM by el jefe

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #63

Reply #64
so, here's kind of a bright spot: https://www.salon.com/2016/11/20/trump-has-very-little-control-over-green-energy-and-climate-change_partner/

never thought i'd call "market forces" anything a bright spot in a time of darkness, but i also never thought i'd be upholding state sovereignty as a protection on fundamental human rights, so

• linus
Reply #65
Abolition of Presidential term limits?
He quite old so i think he leaves that for his kids.

Reply #66
presidency as heritable position for life, just as john adams intended.

Reply #67
I'm not sure how many people outside the NYC metropolitan area have heard, or care, about this...
President-Elect Donald Trump's Motorcade Shuts Down Lincoln Tunnel, Frustrating Drivers
... but it affected me, personally.

President-elect Donald Trump's motorcade shut down the Lincoln Tunnel in both directions at the outset of the evening rush Friday, backing up traffic for well over an hour as frustrated drivers vented over social media.
Trump left his residence at Trump Tower in midtown late Friday afternoon, then hit I-495 to his golf course in New Jersey for the weekend.

WTF?
What's the excuse for this ? ? ?

All I can think of is
(1) he is so oblivious to the inconvenience he imposed on hundreds of thousands of working people that it didn't occur to him to pick a less inconvenient time to fuck up the nation's busiest commuter bottleneck, or
(2) he is intentionally sticking it to working people in two states that didn't support him in the election.

I don't know which is worse.

I know this is small potatoes compared with appointing racists, fascists and war mongers to positions of power, or even attacking  first amendment rights wrt the Hamilton thing, but I think it's emblematic.

According to this article, Melania and Trump's youngest won't be living in the White House.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/20/melania-and-barron-trump-wont-be-moving-to-the-white-house/

So expect even worse bottlenecks for the next 4 years....

Reply #68
Reince Priebus sounds like a nasty bladder condition.

If you remove the vowels, his name is RNC PR BS

Reply #69
lol i guess the republicans feel triggered by this. Maybe they need safe spaces and trigger warnings

Biden booed at Eagles-Giants game
November 10th, 2008

No tweet storm, no demand for an apology from Obama.

• el jefe
Reply #71

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #72
well fuck, looks like AG Secessions is going to happen

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/jeff-sessions-attorney-general-confirmation-231602
Great!   ::)

Here he is, even now, praising Trump's demands for the execution of 5 innocent, as it turns out, kids.
Even now.
Sessions: Case of Central Park 5, later exonerated, shows Trump's dedication to 'law and order'
Sen. Jeff Sessions said Thursday that Donald Trump's 1989 campaign to bring back the death penalty for the "Central Park Five" shows the Republican nominee is serious about "law and order," though all five of the men convicted in that crime were eventually exonerated.

Jesus. Christ.

• Pingu
Reply #73
so, here's kind of a bright spot: https://www.salon.com/2016/11/20/trump-has-very-little-control-over-green-energy-and-climate-change_partner/

never thought i'd call "market forces" anything a bright spot in a time of darkness, but i also never thought i'd be upholding state sovereignty as a protection on fundamental human rights, so

I never thought I'd be rooting for President Pence.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• Pingu
Reply #74
I'm not sure how many people outside the NYC metropolitan area have heard, or care, about this...
President-Elect Donald Trump's Motorcade Shuts Down Lincoln Tunnel, Frustrating Drivers
... but it affected me, personally.

President-elect Donald Trump's motorcade shut down the Lincoln Tunnel in both directions at the outset of the evening rush Friday, backing up traffic for well over an hour as frustrated drivers vented over social media.
Trump left his residence at Trump Tower in midtown late Friday afternoon, then hit I-495 to his golf course in New Jersey for the weekend.

WTF?
What's the excuse for this ? ? ?

All I can think of is
(1) he is so oblivious to the inconvenience he imposed on hundreds of thousands of working people that it didn't occur to him to pick a less inconvenient time to fuck up the nation's busiest commuter bottleneck, or
(2) he is intentionally sticking it to working people in two states that didn't support him in the election.

I don't know which is worse.

I know this is small potatoes compared with appointing racists, fascists and war mongers to positions of power, or even attacking  first amendment rights wrt the Hamilton thing, but I think it's emblematic.

According to this article, Melania and Trump's youngest won't be living in the White House.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/20/melania-and-barron-trump-wont-be-moving-to-the-white-house/

So expect even worse bottlenecks for the next 4 years....

I actually feel pretty sorry for Melania. 

I have a Darwin-debased mind.