Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: If being stupid were against the rules, there would be nobody left to post.

Topic: Trumpocalypse (Read 92069 times) previous topic - next topic

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Re: Trumpocalypse
Reply #8500
JFC  This woman is a despicable human being.

She's floating the right wing line that Warren lies about her heritage. Apparently there's no definitive proof found in registries, which is understandable as when this intermarriage would have occurred there were pretty strong motives for not honestly admitting certain heritage on legal documents because of legislated discrimination. It wouldn't be an unusual case, IOW. In many cases states had laws that if you were full blood NA you couldn't even be in control of your own legal or financial affairs.

There is however documentation that the family shared this knowledge with each other in the form of family letters so even if it weren't ultimately true, she was definitely raised believing it was the truth. There's zero evidence that Warren has lied, even though there might be semantic arguments to be made that's she's not enough "Native" to be claiming anything for whatever reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxLkSiAzqw0
  • Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:50:03 PM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #8501
Elizabeth Warren should do the DNA spit test.

Reply #8502
Behold the moment in all its glory. There really is no bottom to the hole of embarrassment The Dotard is dragging this country into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15uWxBF9uK4

Note the location. The Jackson painting is not an accident

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #8503
Elizabeth Warren should do the DNA spit test.

I'm probably one of the least educated around here when it comes to genetics but as I understand it in her case it won't really help.

As I saw it explained, the way heritage is determined is to look for a group of individual markers (most of us are aware of that much) because it's possible for one or a couple of the markers to be present just through natural mutations. Or a couple of the markers that one would be looking for might be shared with another group of recently diverged groups and it requires additional markers to differentiate between those.

In her case there's only one NA ancestor involved which is her great-great-great-grandmother (pretty sure that's right) which is like 1/32 so when you get to Warren's place in the lineage the genetics are so dilute and affected by the noise of mutation it's unlikely anything definitive would be present.

Again, this is how I saw it explained by someone who seemed to know what they were talking about and it's in line with what little I do know, so take that for what it's worth.

• Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:19:14 PM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #8504
I was joking, but she should do it either way because it is fun.

Reply #8505
JFC  This woman is a despicable human being.

She's floating the right wing line that Warren lies about her heritage. . . .

It's the full-on "lied about her heritage to advance her career" schtick that was debunked more than five years ago.

If there's no easily located evidence that Warren has Native American ancestry, there's also no evidence Warren used her family story to boost herself into a Harvard job.

But then Sanders' job appears to be mostly about repeating and amplifying lies, so --

Reply #8506

Reply #8507
...and now the trumspter fire is re-twitting dubious anti-muslim videos.

Still zero days without being a national embarrassment.

• Faid
Reply #8508
What the actual fuck.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #8509

lol, we need a big dry - erase sign that we update every day

eta: and a bottle of rubbing alcohol, because the marker will be harder to get off when the number has been unchanged for several days at a time
  • Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:09:42 AM by el jefe

Reply #8510

lol, we need a big dry - erase sign that we update every day

eta: and a bottle of rubbing alcohol, because the marker will be harder to get off when the number has been unchanged for several days at a time to drink out of

Reply #8511
trump's retweeting British Nazis posting anti-Muslim snuff videos and fake anti-Muslim

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8512
lol he actually brought up the old rumor about Joe Scarborough murdering an intern

i hope everyone who voted for this piece of shit is happy with themselves

Reply #8513
that's a funny way of saying "I hope they chug bleach"

last November was a test of basic human decency that 61 million Americans failed

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8514
lol he actually brought up the old rumor about Joe Scarborough murdering an intern

i hope everyone who voted for this piece of shit is happy with themselves
Sadly, I think most of them are.  :(
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• el jefe
Reply #8515
I sense enough regret out there, that trump is a prime target for a serious primary challenge in 2020.

here's a reminder that he didn't get a majority of gop primary votes in 2016.  he just got a plurality and won because the anti-trump vote was fragmented.  challenging a sitting president is hard to do, even if it's trump, which is a deterrent that should naturally narrow the field somewhat, thus possibly avoiding the problem that plagued the anti-trump gop in 2016.

Reply #8516
there is "regret" until they remember the alternative is not election a Republican/triggering libs, then they fall right back in line. just like we saw last November.

• el jefe
Reply #8517
they fall back in line for the general.  that's why my hope is focused on the gop primaries, where I think anti-trump sentiment does get realized.

Reply #8518
Trump retweeted fascist anti-Muslim propaganda and the White House ran out to defend him on the grounds that it doesn't matter if the videos aren't even real, we need them to stoke anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant hatred.

Sorry, this country is irredeemably broken. There's no real coming back from the descent into fascism without a complete overhaul.

Reply #8519
reject the false narrative of a fundamentally good and functional american republic being undermined by an exceptionally bad president

accept the truth that america always sucked, has had a broken system for centuries, and trump is merely the apotheosis of this

forward to fully automated luxury gay space communism, comrades!

Reply #8520
same, except "forward to fascist Mad Max Hell World"

Reply #8521
you only need to give up on america, buddy!

• el jefe
Reply #8522
reject the false narrative of a fundamentally good and functional american republic being undermined by an exceptionally bad president

accept the truth that america always sucked, has had a broken system for centuries, and trump is merely the apotheosis of this

forward to fully automated luxury gay space communism, comrades!
there's good in america, and it's worth fighting for.  a new day will dawn.  and when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer.

and then the talking trees got fed up and destroyed trump tower

Reply #8523
  • Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:42:38 AM by Autonemesis

Reply #8524
I sense enough regret out there, that trump is a prime target for a serious primary challenge in 2020.

Doubtful, unless a bunch of Dems register as Republicans in order to vote in the primary.

here's a reminder that he didn't get a majority of gop primary votes in 2016.  he just got a plurality and won because the anti-trump vote was fragmented.  challenging a sitting president is hard to do, even if it's trump, which is a deterrent that should naturally narrow the field somewhat, thus possibly avoiding the problem that plagued the anti-trump gop in 2016.

A majority of Republicans are on board now, though.