Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule. (Read 214 times) previous topic - next topic

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.
This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.
Reply #1
Ts;dr
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• RAFH
  • Needs a Life
  • Have a life, already.

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.
Reply #2
You are forgetting the actual definition of the Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.

So, greatest you aint.
Are we there yet?

• MikeB

Reply #3
The conclusion that "God is evil" is probably less reasonable than that "God doesn't exist", or that if there is some sort of God thing it would not be meddling in the mere lives of individual humans.

• MikeS
  • Needs a Life

Reply #4
Which God?  I prefer pantheons.

Reply #5
(Trigger warning -- graphic violence to child)

When I discuss the problem of evil with a Christian, I tell them the story of Brianna Lopez. One night, Brianna's father and uncle sat up drinking beer and tossing Brianna into the air, bouncing her off the ceiling and letting her fall to the floor. They also sexually abused her. This was not a one-time thing -- it was a continuation of abuse that was inflicted on her throughout the five months since her birth.

The next morning, Brianna's mother woke up and found Brianna battered, bruised and barely breathing in her crib. She did nothing at first, but eventually called an ambulance several hours later. The ambulance rushed Brianna to the hospital, where she died of her injuries.

I then ask the person I'm discussing this with to imagine there was another uncle in the house. This uncle did not participate in the abuse, but knew it was happening and did nothing to stop it. I ask if they think this second uncle was a good person.

When they invariably (and rightly) say "no," I point out that their omniscient God saw what was going on, their omnipotent God could have done something to stop it, but their supposedly omnibenevolent God just sat back and watched. And surely this 5-month-old girl couldn't have committed a sin worthy of this level of punishment.

"How can all morality come from God," I ask them, "when God doesn't act how we would expect a moral human being to act?"

Reply #6
Mark slapped DL's face again, "Get more replies to your threads!" he shouted.

Wack!  Mark slapped DL again, before shoving him to the floor.  DL landed with a thud next to the bed.  Without hesitation, Mark then unzipped his fly, and proceeded to urinate on DL.

DL sat there in a quiet shock, and found himself studying at the intricate designs of the rug as the stream of fluid slowly soaked him.

Mark finished, spat on DL, and left the room.

"Now clean up that mess and get a new fucking rug!" Mark shouted from the other room.
"And don't forget to write a new shitty OP for Talk Rationa!l"

DL slowly got up as the rug softly squished under his feet.
"Ugh I guess I could write another shitty one about god" he said in a hushed voice to no one in particular.

• MikeB

Reply #7
We may have another budding Florence Jellem here!

Reply #8
Thanks all especially Untheist for showing the Christian double moral standard.

I often see Christians develop an immoral double standard of morality so that they can forgive their God for doing things that they soundly condemn men for doing.

Regards
DL

• MikeS
  • Needs a Life

Reply #9
GIA should be burned at the stake as a heretic, unless he confesses his sins and accepts Jesus Christ as his savior.  Then we'll just behead him.

Reply #10
Thanks all especially Untheist for showing the Christian double moral standard.
NP