Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Last 9/11 Ground Zero search dog dies (Read 287 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Last 9/11 Ground Zero search dog dies

Re: Last 9/11 Ground Zero search dog dies
Reply #1
they are and now i'm a little bit teary.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #2
17 years old? WTF
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #3
What? It happens. I see lots of senior dogs. 18-19 is the oldest I've seen.

17 years is pretty impressive for a Golden, though. Cancer usually gets them starting around 9ish.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #4
My brother's Golden Retreiver died a few months ago- he was 12. The poor guy could barely walk, but acted like a puppy every time he saw me.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #5
My sister's dog, a Dalmation/Border Collie cross, is 15 or 16, though I keep expecting to hear about him dying. He's pretty stiff and has lots of those benign fatty tumours. One by his ear got so big its weight was tilting his head, so they had it removed. Otherwise he's perfectly happy and more active than you'd expect of an old fella.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #6
My dog is going to live forever.

FOREVER.

Reply #7
Of course he is. Of course.

God it is really awful when they don't.

Reply #8
:sadyes:

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #9
Now you know how the Elves feel.

Reply #10
Now I'm thinking of LOTR as a complex analogy regarding the relationship between dogs and humans.

Faid, what have you done?