Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Global warming is making for record cold  (Read 929 times) previous topic - next topic

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Global warming is making for record cold
If it was a record warm December, that is global warming.

If it's record cold, that is also global warming.

:stareicide:
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Re: Global warming is making for record cold
Reply #1
Mods:

-->  ASS

tia
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Peez

Reply #2

Reply #3

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #4
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man."
― Mark Twain

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #5
Now you can blame record cold and snow on global warming.  Or rather on people, who obviously control the weather now.

That's right, we are making the winters colder.

It's science.
― Mark Twain

Reply #6
This is entry-level derp.

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #7
Try harder.
― Mark Twain

Reply #8
I believe I just told you that, Derpmeister.  So, "I Know You Are But What Am I" is "trying harder" in your mind.

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #9
This, Hansen wants to warn us, is a recipe for global warming disaster. The recent warm winters that Britain has experienced are a clear sign that the climate is changing, he says.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080511205221/http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article3341039.ece

Climate change could be responsible for intensely cold winters in the US and UK, a new study has claimed.
Britain could be hit by extra cold winters - and it's all down to global warming
― Mark Twain

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #10
The global warmer wants to have it all their way.  No matter what happens, it's because of global warming.  When snow was decreasing, and winters were warming, that was due to global warming.

Then when it was impossible to deny the increase in snow and record cold, that was from global warming.

And they don't even realize what they are saying. 
― Mark Twain

Reply #11
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #12
Happy New Year to all.
― Mark Twain

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #13
He was a much better poster when he thought he was dying...
Then you should certainly try it.
― Mark Twain

Reply #14
If it was a record warm December, that is global warming.

If it's record cold, that is also global warming.

:stareicide:

Where did you find December's global temperature anomoly? There's usually a bit of a delay and November's only came out this month (5th hottest on record) are you using some LOCAL cold temperatures and confusing local and global?

Reply #15
Europe released there's already. Dec 2016 is the second hottest December on record. Kinda the opposite of what you claimed.

https://climate.copernicus.eu/resources/data-analysis/average-surface-air-temperature-analysis/monthly-maps/december-2016

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #16
Where did you find December's global temperature anomoly?
I didn't.  It doesn't matter if it's record warm, or record cold, it's still global warming.

How can you not see this?
― Mark Twain

Reply #17
I didn't.  It doesn't matter if it's record warm, or record cold, it's still global warming.

That's the best part about global warming.

The bottom quarter of New Zealand has just had what I expect will come out as the coldest December on record, and it's high summer. Supposedly.

When I explain how it works to people with at least half a brain, they recognise how accurate it is to blame the extra cold on a warmer planet and how easily morons can think it's wrong.

Gaia has a great sense of humour.

Reply #18
Prolly out of date now but where are we currently in the hipster climate nomenclature - global cooling / global warming / climate change / climate disruption / climate modification / or just climate again?

Reply #19

last time we set a record cold year globally was 1909 as I recall. Do you have a source for anyone blaming that on global warming?

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #20
When I explain how it works to people with at least half a brain, they recognise how accurate it is to blame the extra cold on a warmer planet and how easily morons can think it's wrong.
Sweet Jesus we are fucking doomed.
― Mark Twain

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #21
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/greek-islands-declare-state-of-emergency-after-heavy-snow-tgww532dp

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-greece-snow-idUSKBN14U28X?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

2 meters of snow in locations that have only seen a light dusting before.  And the global warmer thinks it confirms the planet is warmer than ever.  Because nothing will change the mind of a true believer. 

Certainly not worldwide record cold and snow.  They just change the story, and continue to blame it all on CO2 levels.

Because they don't actually think, or know the CO2 theory at all.
― Mark Twain

• F X
  • Needs a Life
  • The one and only

Reply #22
This idiotic lie, in order to be believed, means you have to actually believe it snows more when it's warmer.  That snow is a function of the atmosphere being warmer.

Which is so idiotic, it sounds like an Onion article.
― Mark Twain

Reply #23
Hey FX, if you think this is an "idiotic lie" only bought by "true believers," why are you discussing it in the Science forum? Seems like it should belong in Alternative Science to me.