Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Animated map shows how religion spread around the world (Read 288 times) previous topic - next topic

Animated map shows how religion spread around the world

Re: Animated map shows how religion spread around the world
Reply #1
There's a similar map video that shows the movements of various written language families.  It's pretty fascinating.

It's a shame this map doesn't show Judaism in the context of the other middle eastern religions it sprang from and of which it was a contemporary.  That family of religions represents a tenuous continuity similar to very early Hinduism's continuity, I think.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #2
Truth is out of style

• Doobie Keebler
  • Needs a Life
  • Ridiculous Callipygous

Reply #3
Animation of the "common descent" of religions set to Malignant Narcissism by Rush. The creator is BobbysBrane who has a pretty cool website to poke around on with other videos and interesting stuff. Here's the videos page (see below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L05k-KUQOMU

Warner Music Group has this region blocked all over the place. Here's a ProxFree link that will work. It will  automatically pick a proxy close to you that will likely be blocked so simply change the "IP Address Location" drop down box to a different host in another country until the page/video loads. I almost always use the Netherlands proxy because nothing ever seems to be region blocked there, at least when it comes to music.
  • Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:52:28 PM by Doobie Keebler
"You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."

• RexT

Reply #4
So maybe Rush thinks religion is a malignant narcissism. That's pretty much how I see religion too.