Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: JDG rules this gay forum

Topic: Animated map shows how religion spread around the world (Read 305 times) previous topic - next topic

Animated map shows how religion spread around the world

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Re: Animated map shows how religion spread around the world
Reply #1
There's a similar map video that shows the movements of various written language families.  It's pretty fascinating.

It's a shame this map doesn't show Judaism in the context of the other middle eastern religions it sprang from and of which it was a contemporary.  That family of religions represents a tenuous continuity similar to very early Hinduism's continuity, I think.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #2
Truth is out of style

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #3
Animation of the "common descent" of religions set to Malignant Narcissism by Rush. The creator is BobbysBrane who has a pretty cool website to poke around on with other videos and interesting stuff. Here's the videos page (see below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L05k-KUQOMU

Warner Music Group has this region blocked all over the place. Here's a ProxFree link that will work. It will  automatically pick a proxy close to you that will likely be blocked so simply change the "IP Address Location" drop down box to a different host in another country until the page/video loads. I almost always use the Netherlands proxy because nothing ever seems to be region blocked there, at least when it comes to music.
  • Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:52:28 PM by Doobie Keebler
"If you read my last number of tweets, only one opinion can be formed - that our President, and therefore "leader," is grossly incompetent!"  The Dotard

• RexT
Reply #4
So maybe Rush thinks religion is a malignant narcissism. That's pretty much how I see religion too.