Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: You don't expect me to read this shit, do you?

Topic: Dave's challenge, address the 100 evidences of a young earth. (Read 2110 times) previous topic - next topic

• Seven Popes
  • So would the opposite be a good-ger?
Dave's challenge, address the 100 evidences of a young earth.
Dave has called out the reality based community for, as quoted below, "you conveniently ignore that list of 100 evidences of a young earth."  I encourage him to address the information Jon linked to below, if he can.

It is not possible to falsify Creationist propositions.
Though, of course, many consilient methods putting the age of the earth much much much older than the YEC proposition that the universe came into existence < 10000 years ago falsifies that proposition. So the lack of falsifiability of that (and other YEC propositions) isn't so much inherent in the propositions themselves, but in the fact that creationists refuse to accept the results of the tests - coming up with one special pleading after another, and when they all get laughed out of court, simply resorting to "someone must be lying".

Exactly. Or like Todd Wood - sure it looks like things evolved, but Genesis so there must be another explanation, and I'm going to try to find out what it is.  And Todd is honest about that.

Ham just shoves the data under the rug and covers it up with lies and slander.
No he doesn't.  People like YOU do.  For example, you conveniently ignore that list of 100 evidences of a young earth.
No, we evaluate it and thoroughly debunk it and you ignore the fatal flaws in all those "evidences". E.g. each of them is covered at 101 evidences for a young age of the Earth and the universe and An Index to Creationist Claims.

Of course you can't address those issues; the few times you've tried you've badgered early.  And, no, they are not ipso facto biased or invalid.
You may hear people saying how fast they can make compost -- some say only a few weeks. Stay away from these people as they don't know what they're talking about. --Humanure handbook

• Seven Popes
Re: Dave's challenge, address the 100 evidences of a young earth.
Reply #1
You may hear people saying how fast they can make compost -- some say only a few weeks. Stay away from these people as they don't know what they're talking about. --Humanure handbook

• JonF
Reply #2
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Seven Popes
Reply #3
Mods: could you add "badger Gif collection thread" to title please!

• Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:12:37 AM by Seven Popes

• Sea Star
  • Not an octohatter
Reply #4

• Faid
Reply #5
Hey look what I found:

http://talkrational.org/archive/showthread.php?t=28293

Guess what happened at the end of the thread...
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• JonF
Reply #6
Whatever happened to Steviepinhead?
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #7
Having too much fun mountain climbing with beautiful athletic women afaik.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #8
Having too much fun mountain climbing with beautiful athletic women afaik.
Possibly, and that could never be enough. I can only hope she loves him as much as he deserves.

Really, one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to know.

And he had to put up with me for over two years.
That alone qualifies him for sainthood.
Are we there yet?

Reply #9
I was hoping you'd still be in touch. If so I'd have said to poke him with a stick and tell him we're thinking of him and wishing him well.
Why do I bother?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #10
I was hoping you'd still be in touch. If so I'd have said to poke him with a stick and tell him we're thinking of him and wishing him well.
I sent him a christmas card. Have to stop by some day I'm up that way and see what he's up to, along with Eric, I should do so before I go in for the next knee or it'll be months down the line.
Are we there yet?

• Seven Popes
Reply #11
Eric?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #12
Eric?
Eric Varnes, he used to post but got burnt out. Not sure if it was the original TR or before that.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #13
Hey, Bluffy!!

How about addressing those 101 evidences presented by Don Batten?

Actually, there's only 100 left, as we beat the crap out of #96.

Or is this another example of Second Law?
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #14
Hey, Bluffy!!

How about addressing those 101 evidences presented by Don Batten?

Actually, there's only 100 left, as we beat the crap out of #96.

Or is this another example of Second Law?

Bluffy?

Go ahead, prove Second Law is invalid.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #15
One Hundred Challenges on the wall, one hundred challenges, take one down, smack it around, 99 challenges on the wall.

Hey, Bluffy, got any evidence?
Are we there yet?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #16
Eric?
Eric Varnes, he used to post but got burnt out. Not sure if it was the original TR or before that.
If you hear from eric, please let me know. He posted at MR for quite a while, then totally vanished.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #17
Eric?
If you hear from eric, please let me know. He posted at MR for quite a while, then totally vanished.
I resolve to do so in the next week. I shall descend upon them like ... ... well, like something epic. I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday free.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #18
BTW, Bluffy, got any evidence you'd like to present?
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #19
Hey, Bluffy, got anything?
Are we there yet?

Reply #20
"reality-based community"

Lol

• Pingu
Reply #21

Hey, Bluffy, got anything?

Lol

I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #22
Lol
Hawkins feels yugely validated by the emergence of "alternative facts" as a concept endorsed with a straight face at the highest levels of government.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #23
Well he already lives in an alternative reality.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #24
Hey, Bluffy, are you even going to try to fake attempting to address these "challenges" to mainstream science?
Are we there yet?