Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: The Trump Kompromat Theory (Read 12391 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Re: The Trump Kompromat Theory
Reply #50
The dossier dates back to at least the summer, and it's been circulating among government and journalists for months. And the pee thing is the least damaging accusation.

Also lol 4chan, give me a fucking break.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are

Reply #51
So should we just merge pizzagate and goldshowergate together?

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #52
Probably.

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #53
The dossier dates back to at least the summer, and it's been circulating among government and journalists for months. And the pee thing is the least damaging accusation.

And since it was originally done as opposition research if it's credible why wasn't it used during the campaign?

Weirder things have happened.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #54

And since it was originally done as opposition research if it's credible why wasn't it used during the campaign?

Weirder things have happened.
I'm sure The National Enquirer has published things that are not completely untrue.
But I would advise against taking their word for anything without independent corroboration.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #55
The twitter meltdown is glorious.

I don't understand his Nazi Germany comparison, though.

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #56
Here's a couple of recent stories from The Atlantic, hardly a right wing fake news site, about some problems with the CIA report.

The Trouble With Publishing the Trump Dossier

That raises a range of potential objections. First, it unfairly forces a public figure--Trump, in this case--to respond to a set of allegations that might or might not be entirely scurrilous; the reporters, by their own admission, do not know. Second, the appeal to "transparency" notwithstanding, this represents an abdication of the basic responsibility of journalism. The reporter's job is not to simply dump as much information as possible into the public domain, though that can at times be useful too, as some of WikiLeaks' revelations have shown. It is to gather information, sift through it, and determine what is true and what is not. The point of a professional journalist corps is to have people whose job it is to do that work on behalf of society, and who can cultivate sources and expertise to help them adjudicate it. A pluralistic press corps is necessary to avoid monolithic thinking among reporters, but transparent transmission of misinformation is no more helpful or clarifying than no information at all.

The dangers of telling the public, Here it is; you decide what's real and what isn't are underscored in the strange story of Edgar Maddison Welch, the North Carolina man who took a rifle to a Washington, D.C., pizzeria to "self-investigate" bogus claims of child sex slaves there. He is hardly the only self-investigator out there.

Michael Cohen: 'It Is Fake News Meant to Malign Mr. Trump'

The document also makes specific claims about contacts between people working for Trump and Russian officials. It alleges that Michael Cohen, special counsel to Trump, was central to "the ongoing secret liaison relationship between the New York tycoon's campaign and the Russian leadership," and that he met secretly with Kremlin officials in Prague in August 2016.

Reached by telephone on Tuesday night, Cohen denied the dossier's allegations.

The story is "totally fake, totally inaccurate," Cohen said.

"I'm telling you emphatically that I've not been to Prague, I've never been to Czech [Republic], I've not been to Russia," Cohen said.  "The story is completely inaccurate, it is fake news meant to malign Mr. Trump."

Cohen said that during the time the report places him in Prague, he was actually with his son visiting USC and meeting with the baseball coach. A USC baseball source confirmed Tuesday night that Cohen and his son had visited USC on August 29th. Cohen said that he was in Los Angeles from the 23rd through the 29th of August, and that the rest of the month he was in New York. He said that his only trip to an EU country over the summer had been a vacation to Italy in July. In one instance, the dossier places the alleged Prague travel in "August/September 2016." Cohen said he was in New York for the entire month of September.

Cohen also tweeted a photo of his passport: "I have never been to Prague in my life. #fakenews." Trump retweeted Cohen's tweet.

Trump is going to do lots of stuff that he can be attacked for and we can be outraged about . . . like his Treasury Secretary nominee.  Do we really need to be wasting a bunch of outrage energy on things that haven't been verified and parts of which are demonstrably false?  I mean the intelligence agencies haven't even bothered to independently inspect the hacked DNC servers and instead just relied on the findings of a private company hired by the DNC to look over their servers for evidence of hacking.

Reply #57
ksen stop being such a dumb fuck

Rick Wilson wasn't the intelligence agencies' source.

Reply #58
The twitter meltdown is glorious.

I don't understand his Nazi Germany comparison, though.

Nazi Germany's intelligence agencies leaked bad info about Hitler (not a thing that actually happened?), which would make Trump Hitler I guess? I dunno, one thing posting on the internet for years has told is that ALL CAPS meltdown denials means lol it's 100% true.

Reply #59
Here's a couple of recent stories from The Atlantic, hardly a right wing fake news site, about some problems with the CIA report.

The Trouble With Publishing the Trump Dossier

That raises a range of potential objections. First, it unfairly forces a public figure--Trump, in this case--to respond to a set of allegations that might or might not be entirely scurrilous; the reporters, by their own admission, do not know. Second, the appeal to "transparency" notwithstanding, this represents an abdication of the basic responsibility of journalism. The reporter's job is not to simply dump as much information as possible into the public domain, though that can at times be useful too, as some of WikiLeaks' revelations have shown. It is to gather information, sift through it, and determine what is true and what is not. The point of a professional journalist corps is to have people whose job it is to do that work on behalf of society, and who can cultivate sources and expertise to help them adjudicate it. A pluralistic press corps is necessary to avoid monolithic thinking among reporters, but transparent transmission of misinformation is no more helpful or clarifying than no information at all.

The dangers of telling the public, Here it is; you decide what's real and what isn't are underscored in the strange story of Edgar Maddison Welch, the North Carolina man who took a rifle to a Washington, D.C., pizzeria to "self-investigate" bogus claims of child sex slaves there. He is hardly the only self-investigator out there.

Michael Cohen: 'It Is Fake News Meant to Malign Mr. Trump'

The document also makes specific claims about contacts between people working for Trump and Russian officials. It alleges that Michael Cohen, special counsel to Trump, was central to "the ongoing secret liaison relationship between the New York tycoon's campaign and the Russian leadership," and that he met secretly with Kremlin officials in Prague in August 2016.

Reached by telephone on Tuesday night, Cohen denied the dossier's allegations.

The story is "totally fake, totally inaccurate," Cohen said.

"I'm telling you emphatically that I've not been to Prague, I've never been to Czech [Republic], I've not been to Russia," Cohen said.  "The story is completely inaccurate, it is fake news meant to malign Mr. Trump."

Cohen said that during the time the report places him in Prague, he was actually with his son visiting USC and meeting with the baseball coach. A USC baseball source confirmed Tuesday night that Cohen and his son had visited USC on August 29th. Cohen said that he was in Los Angeles from the 23rd through the 29th of August, and that the rest of the month he was in New York. He said that his only trip to an EU country over the summer had been a vacation to Italy in July. In one instance, the dossier places the alleged Prague travel in "August/September 2016." Cohen said he was in New York for the entire month of September.

Cohen also tweeted a photo of his passport: "I have never been to Prague in my life. #fakenews." Trump retweeted Cohen's tweet.

Trump is going to do lots of stuff that he can be attacked for and we can be outraged about . . . like his Treasury Secretary nominee.  Do we really need to be wasting a bunch of outrage energy on things that haven't been verified and parts of which are demonstrably false?  I mean the intelligence agencies haven't even bothered to independently inspect the hacked DNC servers and instead just relied on the findings of a private company hired by the DNC to look over their servers for evidence of hacking.

How dumb do you have to be to say this after Trump started his rise on a wave of birtherism?

Of course it all goes back to "wah wah the DNC wah wah". The DNC sucks, nobody cares, enjoy revelations that our soon-President drinks hooker piss and is owned by the Russian mafia. Anything that delegitimizes him is good.

lol I mean god damn, you're quoting Trump's shitbag idiot lawyer as a defense against this when it's already been clarified that it was a different person being referenced, and you apparently don't understand that the BuzzFeed dossier may not be the same thing that the CIA actually presented to Obama and Trump in recent briefings. Per the BBC earlier today, there are multiple sources, not just the former MI6 guy. This shit isn't going away, and there's zero reason to give Trump, the guy who's sucked Russia's dick consistently for years, any benefit of the doubt.

e: the Atlantic is also dumb as fuck for trying to compare legitimate concerns voiced by sitting US Senators and the US intelligence community as confirmed by multiple outlets and McCain himself to the Pizzagate shit. God damn did these people learn nothing about their "wait and see" approach (while simultaneously orgasming over EMAILS constantly)?
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:15:26 AM by brugroffil

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #60
I certainly don't assume the "dossier" is true.
In fact, I haven't bothered to read it in any detail; I figure it's not worth the effort till there's more reason to think it is true.
The news, AFAIAC, is that it was considered important enough by the intel agencies to bring it up at the highest levels.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #61
Spicer is on TV right now, crying and throwing his toys all over the stage.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #62
...  you're quoting Trump's shitbag idiot lawyer as a defense against this when it's already been clarified that it was a different person being referenced
I missed this.
Can you expand on it?
ETA: n/m Found it.
God damn did these people learn nothing about their "wait and see" approach (while simultaneously orgasming over EMAILS constantly)?
Sure they did. They learned it works.
  • Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:21:09 AM by VoxRat

Reply #63
...  you're quoting Trump's shitbag idiot lawyer as a defense against this when it's already been clarified that it was a different person being referenced
I missed this.
Can you expand on it?
God damn did these people learn nothing about their "wait and see" approach (while simultaneously orgasming over EMAILS constantly)?

I'll see if I can find a link, but basically Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen didn't visit Prague, but he's not the Cohen the report alleges visited Prague to contact Russian agents.

I'm talking about whatever moron wrote that Atlantic article that tried to compare this to "Pizzagate" and dummies like ksen.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #64
I'm talking about whatever moron wrote that Atlantic article that tried to compare this to "Pizzagate" and dummies like ksen.
Ah... point taken.

• VoxRat
  • Needs a Life
  • wtactualf

Reply #65
REPORT: Intelligence Community Believes It Was a Different Michael Cohen Who Visited Prague
CNN's Jake Tapper reported Wednesday morning that intelligence officials looked into allegations from an explosive unsubstantiated memo that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen visited Prague in late August to meet with Russian officials, and found that it was a different Michael Cohen who visited the city.
I guess it's too early to ask if there's any connection between this Michael Cohen and Trump.

Reply #66
I missed this.
Can you expand on it?
ETA: n/m Found it.
Ayup.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
  • Needs a Life

Reply #67
How dumb do you have to be to say this after Trump started his rise on a wave of birtherism?

What's that have to do with anything?

Of course it all goes back to "wah wah the DNC wah wah". The DNC sucks, nobody cares, enjoy revelations that our soon-President drinks hooker piss and is owned by the Russian mafia. Anything that delegitimizes him is good.

wat

lol I mean god damn, you're quoting Trump's shitbag idiot lawyer as a defense against this when it's already been clarified that it was a different person being referenced,

Clarified by whom?  Page 18 specifically references Trump's attorney Michael Cohen.  Does Trump have two laywers named Michael Cohen?

and you apparently don't understand that the BuzzFeed dossier may not be the same thing that the CIA actually presented to Obama and Trump in recent briefings. Per the BBC earlier today, there are multiple sources, not just the former MI6 guy. This shit isn't going away, and there's zero reason to give Trump, the guy who's sucked Russia's dick consistently for years, any benefit of the doubt.

You mean there's a different report that has been corroborated that's going around?

e: the Atlantic is also dumb as fuck for trying to compare legitimate concerns voiced by sitting US Senators and the US intelligence community as confirmed by multiple outlets and McCain himself to the Pizzagate shit. God damn did these people learn nothing about their "wait and see" approach (while simultaneously orgasming over EMAILS constantly)?
I guess Snopes and the New York Times are also dumb as fuck.

Good luck keeping the outrage train going when something really worth being outraged about comes up.

Reply #68
Lol. Touché!

Reply #69
REPORT: Intelligence Community Believes It Was a Different Michael Cohen Who Visited Prague
CNN's Jake Tapper reported Wednesday morning that intelligence officials looked into allegations from an explosive unsubstantiated memo that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen visited Prague in late August to meet with Russian officials, and found that it was a different Michael Cohen who visited the city.
I guess it's too early to ask if there's any connection between this Michael Cohen and Trump.

I knew a Michael Cohen back in middle school and high school. We went to the same summer camp for a few years. He was a funny guy and was really talented at impressions. Could be a sarcastic prick sometimes, but was a really kind person.

He died when we has sixteen from an aortic dissection.

Now I'm sad.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #70
Christ, some people on the left are fucking dumb.

Reply #71
Christ, some people on the left are fucking dumb.

:sadyes:

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen

Reply #72

Seriously, stop and look at what you're fucking saying.

These allegations are not coming out of thin air, and even before this leak, there was plenty to be outraged and worried about.

We know for a fact that Paul Manafort lobbied on behalf of pro-Russian Ukrainian politicians and that he was paid millions of dollars to push a pro-Kremlin agenda. He was Trump's campaign adviser and remained an unofficial advisor even after officially quitting.

We know that Carter Page is still advising Trump and also has serious ties to Russia. He's being investigated for holding meetings with Russian government officials.

We know for a fact that Trump has business ties with the Russian mafia, that he's been fined in the past for bad financial practices, that an extensive part of his business involves Russia.

We have Trump denying any connection at all to Russia despite having talked about having those connections in the past. We have Trump parroting the same talking points and propaganda as the Kremlin. We have Trump pushing hard on changing US policy towards Crimea/Ukraine. We have Trump being remarkably consistent in his support and defense of Russian policy and of Putin. We have Trump completely reversing course on Wikileaks from saying Assange should get the death penalty to quoting him as if he's a more reliable source than American intelligence agencies. We have Trump having a fucking meltdown in response to this dossier and using "Russia says it's false" as an argument.

I think releasing the whole dossier was wrong, but I think acting as if every last bit of it is equal to Pizzagate is beyond fucking stupid.

What matters is that we have lots of other evidence that something fucking fishy is going on between Trump and the Russian government. What matters is that intelligence directors thought there was something in there worth briefing Obama and Trump about. No one knows what that something is, but there's obviously concern in the IC over this.

This is very serious and should be treated as such. These are not wild accusations coming out of nowhere.

Reply #73
Um. Now I'm confused.

Reply #74

What's that have to do with anything?

wat

lol I mean god damn, you're quoting Trump's shitbag idiot lawyer as a defense against this when it's already been clarified that it was a different person being referenced,

Clarified by whom?  Page 18 specifically references Trump's attorney Michael Cohen.  Does Trump have two laywers named Michael Cohen?

and you apparently don't understand that the BuzzFeed dossier may not be the same thing that the CIA actually presented to Obama and Trump in recent briefings. Per the BBC earlier today, there are multiple sources, not just the former MI6 guy. This shit isn't going away, and there's zero reason to give Trump, the guy who's sucked Russia's dick consistently for years, any benefit of the doubt.

You mean there's a different report that has been corroborated that's going around?

I guess Snopes and the New York Times are also dumb as fuck.

Good luck keeping the outrage train going when something really worth being outraged about comes up.

Shit rising to the level of treason that neatly fits in with everything else Trump has done and the one thing he's been oddly consistent on, sucking Russia's dick daily, isn't worth being "outraged"?

And lol citing the NYT, who is tut-tutting this but ran three (3) front-page stories on Comey's bullshit "MAYBE MORE EMAILS?!" letter.