Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: what's your phone number?

Topic: The Trump Kompromat Theory (Read 22541 times) previous topic - next topic

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: The Trump Kompromat Theory
Reply #550
... all the republicans are all "wah wah stop the leaks"
Well, at least one of the republicans (I think it was Nunes) was making a huge big deal of getting both Comey and Rogers on record as saying there was no evidence that Russian hacking surreptitiously changed any votes on election day.

As if that is the issue.  ::)

Very much in the same vein as Nunes' repeated pronouncements that there is no evidence that Obama physically, personally, installed listening devices in Trump Tower.

As if THAT is the issue.  ::)
  • Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:18:17 PM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #551
I'm convinced from this hearing so far that Nunez has actively, personally been party to treason during his participation in the transition.

Reply #552
wow Nunez really is a total piece of partisan garbage.

betting he's on the take

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #553
Reuters is reporting U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is going to skip the April NATO meeting and travel to Moscow instead.

"It feeds this narrative that somehow the Trump administration is playing footsy with Russia," said one former U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity.
"You don't want to do your early business with the world's great autocrats. You want to start with the great democracies, and NATO is the security instrument of the transatlantic group of great democracies," he added.

read more at reuters.com

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #555

Reply #556
It's a good point, really. The Dems went ahead and did the right thing and voted against Clinton. Now it's the GOP's turn. Right?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #557
Reuters is reporting U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is going to skip the April NATO meeting and travel to Moscow instead.

"It feeds this narrative that somehow the Trump administration is playing footsy with Russia," said one former U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity.
"You don't want to do your early business with the world's great autocrats. You want to start with the great democracies, and NATO is the security instrument of the transatlantic group of great democracies," he added.

read more at reuters.com

Gonna bet he requests asylum and doesn't return. That'd be the smart movie right now.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #558
Nunes actually, literally, claims he has never heard of either Carter Page or Roger Stone.

It's reassuring to know that such a sharp, on-top-of-things, guy is in charge of the House Intelligence Committee.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #559
This is time for a revolution

• linus
Reply #560
The Manafort saga continues:
A Ukrainian lawmaker released new financial documents Tuesday allegedly showing that a former campaign chairman for President Trump laundered payments from the party of a disgraced ex-leader of Ukraine using offshore accounts in Belize and Kyrgyzstan.
WaPo

• Faid
Reply #561
Wow. If those docs prove to be genuine, that's gonna make some noise.

Unless Trumps tweets something stupid again and everyone is distracted
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #562
He will tweet something stupid again.

• Pingu
Reply #563
But increasingly it's not helping him.

He looks more and more like an impotent, whiny, lying brat.

Reply #564
He has always looked like an impotent, whiny, lying brat

• Pingu
Reply #565

Yabbut now he looks like an impotent whiny lying brat who knows he's an impotent whiny lying brat.

Must have come as a heck of a shock.  I honestly think he used to think he was the cat's pyjamas.

• Pingu
Reply #566
What was it Obama said about how the presidency showed you who you really were?  Faults and all?

Reply #567

Yabbut now he looks like an impotent whiny lying brat who knows he's an impotent whiny lying brat.

Must have come as a heck of a shock.  I honestly think he used to think he was the cat's pyjamas.
Substitute Dave for Trump. Do you really think he knows what he looks like to others? Ever?

• JonF
Reply #568

Dave still thinks he's the cat's pajamas. Trump still thinks he's the cat's pajamas.

And the bee's knees, mutt's nuts and various wonderful bits of half a dozen other creatures.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #569
He thinks he's the warthog's pancreas. The African wild dog's foreskin. The skunk's scrotum.
Truth is out of style

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #570
...  The African wild dog's foreskin. ...
I think "foreskin" is, generally, limited to human contexts.
More broadly, the term used is Priebus prepuce.

• linus
Reply #571
New day, new Manafort revelation:
Manafort proposed in a confidential strategy plan as early as June 2005 that he would influence politics, business dealings and news coverage inside the United States, Europe and the former Soviet republics to benefit the Putin government, even as U.S.-Russia relations under Republican President George W. Bush grew worse. Manafort pitched the plans to Russian aluminum magnate Oleg Deripaska, a close Putin ally with whom Manafort eventually signed a $10 million annual contract beginning in 2006, according to interviews with several people familiar with payments to Manafort and business records obtained by the AP. Manafort and Deripaska maintained a business relationship until at least 2009, according to one person familiar with the work.
AP link

Reply #572
that is a heck of an article.

Reply #573
Is there some resource summarizing/organizing the many dimensions  this whole Russia thing? Trump's ties to people who have shady Russian business interests/secret meetings with Russians/lied under oath about talking to Russians are so extensive that it's hard to keep track of them.

Reply #574