Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: give some hasty rationalization, launch into some tangentially related crap, and then when someone replies to the initial point, pretend that the real topic is your freshly squeezed-out nugget of rhetoric

Topic: Mike Pence said he doesn't believe that smoking kills (Read 1242 times) previous topic - next topic

• MikeS
Re: Mike Pence said he doesn't believe that smoking kills
Reply #75
I don't know of any yet, but if I was aware of one, then yeah ... that's a bad thing.

Reply #76
So shall we start with the most recent one about how he really really really did win the popular vote! He did! He did! And loads more people turned up to his inauguration, and work back from there?

Or do you want to address the lies he told while mocking the disabled reporter?
Why do I bother?

• Faid
Reply #77
Stop evading dave.

Do you really think that it's OK to tell a BLATANT and DANGEROUS lie like "smoking doesn't kill", as long as it serves the noble "point" you are making? About fighting Bad Bureaucracy?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #78
So shall we start with the most recent one about how he really really really did win the popular vote! He did! He did! And loads more people turned up to his inauguration, and work back from there?

Or do you want to address the lies he told while mocking the disabled reporter?
We already went through the "thousands and thousands of NJ muslims celebrating" lie.
That was a pretty blatant one. And it's been thoroughly debunked.
And yet Hawkins here, based on absolutely nothing at all, concludes that was "probably" true.

And we've gone over the fact that Trump "quoted" Kovaleski, putting words in his mouth (while doing his despicable "spaz" routine) that are demonstrably nothing like Kovaleski ever said.

Obviously there is no lie sufficiently blatant for Dave "Truth Matters" Hawkins to recognize it as a lie, as long as it's something he wants to believe.
  • Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:32:46 PM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Pingu
Reply #79
I don't know of any yet, but if I was aware of one, then yeah ... that's a bad thing.

How about "I watched thousands and thousands of Muslims" in New Jersey cheering as the towers fell?
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #80

How about "I watched thousands and thousands of Muslims" in New Jersey cheering as the towers fell?
Hawkins is on record on that one:
... when I saw that speech about watching thousands and thousands of Muslims in New Jersey cheering the fall of the towers, I saw Hitler....
Small problem. Trump was probably correct.
... offering, of course zero support.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #81
Come on dave- Are you REALLY gonna discard the post you were composing and run off? Seriously?
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #82

That one is probably true... As Breitbart explained.

• Faid
Reply #83
Breitbart didn't explain shit. And you know it.

Now respond to my question.

• Pingu
Reply #84

Tell, me, in your own words, what Breitbart "explained", with links to support your case.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #85
In case you were wondering, this is exactly what I meant by "play dumb".
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #86
^^^^ This one, right here ^^^^  is a proven, shameless lie.

• Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:05:16 PM by VoxRat

Reply #87

lol.  Impenetrable.
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #88
And if you can get over your stupid hyper-skeptical schtik for a second, could you consider the relative 'badness' of Voxrat's alleged dishonesty and Trumps rather obvious demagoguery?
"...without considering any evidence at all - that my views are more likely - on average - to be correct.  Because the mainstream is almost always wrong" - Dave Hawkins

Reply #89
And if you can get over your stupid hyper-skeptical schtik for a second, could you consider the relative 'badness' of Voxrat's alleged dishonesty and Trumps rather obvious demagoguery?
Trump "exaggerates"   Vox, Faid, Pingu, the MSM all engage in "sophisticated deceit"... or something
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #90
I recommend giving up on Dave and listening to an hour or two of rock steady and ska, because it is soothing and fulfilling and beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL4sZAbod9E

Reply #91
I see so now we are redefining the term "quote mine" from what it was over the past 10 years.
Um, no?
It's like nested hierarchies. He doesn't get it. He thinks that control over the narrative actually is control of the truth. He just doesn't understand and doesn't seem to be able to.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #92
I recommend giving up on Dave and listening to an hour or two of rock steady and ska, because it is soothing and fulfilling and beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL4sZAbod9E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F03gEzdLa2g
(I have nothing but love for you Borealis, your post just reminded me that this song existed)
  • Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:46:09 PM by entropy

Reply #93
That album was full of awesome.  90's Winnipeg Punk represent!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82-CF6EaY0

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #94
Lol ok but what did the young angry vegan punks have against ska?

Am listening to the Skatellites right now.

Reply #95
Lol ok but what did the young angry vegan punks have against ska?

Am listening to the Skatellites right now.
They were just pissed off at a lot of shit.   Or rather the lead singer was.   One of the guitarists went on to form The Weakerthans.   Wrote the best Ode to Winnipeg of all time:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlsjEP7L-k

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #96
Lol cool. :D

I'm binging on rocksteady etc. tonight. Happens a few times a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJ4WF_eV5A&list=PL037F8CE61D670129

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #97
I see so now we are redefining the term "quote mine" from what it was over the past 10 years.
Um, no?
It's like nested hierarchies. He doesn't get it. He thinks that control over the narrative actually is control of the truth. He just doesn't understand and doesn't seem to be able to.
I suggest there's a bit of "doesn't want to" as well.
Are we there yet?

• fredbear
  • Militantly Confused
Reply #98
Quote from: Dave Hawkins
crickets