Skip to main content

TR Memescape

Topic: Psychiatric Help Five Cents Thread.  (Read 415 times) previous topic - next topic

• Pingu
  • Needs a Life

Re: Psychiatric Help Five Cents Thread.
Reply #25
My theory is simpler.  I think he discovered that his arguments didn't actually work, but he didn't want to stop believing in the conclusions.

So we had to be dishonest lying octohatter Darwin-club illuminati lizards.

• JonF
  • Needs a Life

Reply #26
My theory is simpler.  I think he discovered that his arguments didn't actually work, but he didn't want to stop believing in the conclusions.

RSPL.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #27
Dave, if you're reading this, I first crossed your path on a discussion board in 2005. I stopped engaging with you and your ideas in 2009. When I came back and found you still engaging with the same old crowd in mid-2016, I noticed a marked difference in your posting style and types of ideas. I even contacted a couple people privately to ask what had happened to you.

It's obvious that you've changed since 2005, Dave, and it's not for the better.
There were some major changes in his life which resuled in him living "off the grid."      He hasn't been the same since he developed this obsession with saving the world through hobby farming.

Yea divorce and prostitute PTSD can do that.
Not so much "PTSD" as "telling your wife about the prostitute"...
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #28

Pingu winz teh interwebz. :parrot:
Truth is out of style

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #29
Dave, if you're reading this, I first crossed your path on a discussion board in 2005. I stopped engaging with you and your ideas in 2009. When I came back and found you still engaging with the same old crowd in mid-2016, I noticed a marked difference in your posting style and types of ideas. I even contacted a couple people privately to ask what had happened to you.

There were some major changes in his life which resuled in him living "off the grid."      He hasn't been the same since he developed this obsession with saving the world through hobby farming.

Post Terrifying Spouse Disorder.
Truth is out of style

Reply #30
Well, you can, but the person has to be motivated to engage.
Unfortunately, one of the issues with NPD is that the person is not motivated to engage. As they say, it takes all kinds.

Well, not always.  Typically, a crisis triggers help-seeking.

Of course you could argue (and I would, actually) that if the person is functional, then it's not really appropriate to call it a disorder.

The people who need help are the people having to deal with a narcissist.  Which, right now, is just about everybody in the whole world :(

That's basically what I said in my first post

This one?

:stareicide:

I guess.

Yep. That's the one.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #31
Not lizards.

Reply #32
Let me think ...

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets

Reply #33
Let me think ...
Are you sure you can manage that?
Truth is out of style

Reply #34

FWIW it was actual PTSD or so the second opinion of another psych because dave didn't like his first diagnosis of bipolar disorder

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #35
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
  • Needs a Life

Reply #36
Yes, I'm trying to drag dave further down his own sinkhole. I'm a horrible person I know
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.