Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: The Internet Trust Test

Topic: 2016 Election (U.S. Presidential, duh) (Read 53369 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 Election (U.S. Presidential, duh)
Reply #3175
here's a new angle to consider.  if johnson clears 5%, the libertarian party qualifies for public funding in 2020.  the amount of money they get (~$10M) is small compared to major party campaign budgets ($500M - $1B), but more than johnson has raised this entire cycle (~$8M), which has still been enough to get him high single-digits in the polls.  so it could potentially bootstrap them into relevance, especially if the one or both major parties pick another shitty candidate in 2020.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/10/10/why_gary_johnson_can_still_make_libertarian_history_132015.html

getting a viable 3rd party would be cool in its own right.  it would also be a way donald could be the gift that keeps on giving.  johnson is currently polling ~7%, but slowly declining.  if trump's f-ups prop him up above 5, when he otherwise would have slipped to like 4.5, and gets them the federal funds, then trump creates a 3rd party candidacy that should be at least a major spoiler for the next election.  and the libertarian candidate then will probably take more votes away from the republican than from hillary.

as I was thinking about this last night, it occurred to me it might actually be in hillary's interest to help johnson a little, however and wherever she can, for this reason.
this is uncomfortably and suspiciously similar to the logic behind a centrist liberal voting for rubio in a state with open primaries.

lol

• linus
Reply #3176
you fell for a spoof website *smh*
I confess I didn't check carefully before I posted... Checking a bit now, I don't see it though. What gives it away as a spoof?
I'm joking because of your 528 typo.  bad delivery
heh, OK, too subtle :)

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3177
Fun fact: Bill Clinton took 3rd place in Utah in '92.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3178
538 includes that Y2 analytics poll, but still says Trump wins the state 95% of the time. Also, they list Johnson, but not McMullin in their  tally.

Reply #3179
here's a new angle to consider.  if johnson clears 5%, the libertarian party qualifies for public funding in 2020.  the amount of money they get (~$10M) is small compared to major party campaign budgets ($500M - $1B), but more than johnson has raised this entire cycle (~$8M), which has still been enough to get him high single-digits in the polls.  so it could potentially bootstrap them into relevance, especially if the one or both major parties pick another shitty candidate in 2020.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/10/10/why_gary_johnson_can_still_make_libertarian_history_132015.html

getting a viable 3rd party would be cool in its own right.  it would also be a way donald could be the gift that keeps on giving.  johnson is currently polling ~7%, but slowly declining.  if trump's f-ups prop him up above 5, when he otherwise would have slipped to like 4.5, and gets them the federal funds, then trump creates a 3rd party candidacy that should be at least a major spoiler for the next election.  and the libertarian candidate then will probably take more votes away from the republican than from hillary.

as I was thinking about this last night, it occurred to me it might actually be in hillary's interest to help johnson a little, however and wherever she can, for this reason.
I've been encouraging the morons on my friends list to vote for Johnson.
BOOM says Mother Jones

Reply #3180
good grief, men are retarded

Welcome to science, cricket.  :smug:

Honestly, though, if I ever run for office, my platform will be to disenfranchise men because seriously how fucking stupid are you guys? All you do is ruin everything.

Thank you women and people of color for saving this country from dumb white men

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3181
I think everyone has heard the recording where Trump on Howard Stern talked about walking into the dressing room at Miss Universe pageants, but now their are accusations he did the same at Miss Teen USA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-miss-teen-usa_us_57fe2cd3e4b0d505a46b1725
  • Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:29:32 AM by SkepticTank

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #3182
ok, wow

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3183
Hey, look, it's the "FBI: Female Body Inspector" t-shirt morphed into human form!

What a wonderful piece of shit. :awgee:

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #3184
I just saw a clip of him being asked about Paul Ryan snubbing him and the Majestic Cheeto is totally having a man-child hissy fit over the whole deal.

I so fucking ashamed of my country right now. Fuck that slimy narcissistic predator.
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Pingu
Reply #3185
link?
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3186
Hey this "Obama is a demon" bullshit: any numbers on how many nutters actually believe that shit?
It's enough of a thing that Obama responded to it.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3187
Former coworker posted that stupid picture with Miley, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, blahblahblahblah. Someone said, hey, isn't there a difference that they're up there by their own consent instead of being grabbed by a stranger?

Either way it is vulgar no matter how you look at it. Whether a stranger or them doing it of their own consent.

Ladies, you not wearing enough clothes is just as vulgar as you getting sexually assaulted. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• el jefe
Reply #3188
guys, ryan is part of a "sinister deal"

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/300649-trump-hints-ryan-a-part-of-sinister-deal

something's going on there.  it's extrahdinary.  we need to figure it out.  it's extrahdinary.

Reply #3189
Former coworker posted that stupid picture with Miley, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, blahblahblahblah. Someone said, hey, isn't there a difference that they're up there by their own consent instead of being grabbed by a stranger?

Either way it is vulgar no matter how you look at it. Whether a stranger or them doing it of their own consent.

Ladies, you not wearing enough clothes is just as vulgar as you getting sexually assaulted. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
They wouldn't have worn those clothes if they didn't want to be assaulted. Sheesh.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #3190

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/300649-trump-hints-ryan-a-part-of-sinister-deal

something's going on there.  it's extrahdinary.  we need to figure it out.  it's extrahdinary.
"You'd think they'd say, 'Great going, Don. Let's go, let's beat this crook. Let's beat her. We've got to stop her.' No, he doesn't do that. There's a whole deal going on. We're going to figure it out. I always figure things out. There's a whole sinister deal."
It is kind of amazing how stupid trump supporters must be.

Reply #3191
They're not seeing this at all in the sense of harm to a human being. They're seeing it entirely in terms of depreciation of a commercial good. in that sense, it doesn't really matter if Trump raped them or if they did a racy concert, because either way, their initial high value as attractive women has depreciated due to poor maintenance.

Basically these pieces of shit don't view women as human beings at all. The only harm they can conceive of which could happen to a woman is for her commercial value to depreciate.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3192
lol, I'm arguing with people who have now shifted into "I'm voting for him for his conservative policies despite not liking his character" tactic. Yes, all of his specific, sane policies that don't change from week to week... :awgee:

Reply #3193
lol, I'm arguing with people who have now shifted into "I'm voting for him for his conservative policies despite not liking his character" tactic. Yes, all of his specific, sane policies that don't change from week to week... :awgee:
why are you arguing with these people?

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #3194

Reply #3195
why do anything

• linus
Reply #3196
I think everyone has heard the recording where Trump on Howard Stern talked about walking into the dressing room at Miss Universe pageants, but now their are accusations he did the same at Miss Teen USA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-miss-teen-usa_us_57fe2cd3e4b0d505a46b1725
Looking forward to Guiliani, or who ever the lucky surrogate will be, making the rounds and explaining this one.

• el jefe
Reply #3197
because they're there

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3198

If you sit through enough hours of lecture and drown in enough material, anything else - anything - seems like a nice break.

• linus
Reply #3199

If Trump wins, it's a safe bet that somebody will be executed for clapping with insufficient enthusiasm on his 72nd birthday celebration.