Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: We accept Gelato guy's apology

Topic: 2016 Election (U.S. Presidential, duh) (Read 53470 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 Election (U.S. Presidential, duh)
Reply #3275
take one thing belonging to someone else without permission and suddenly they're crying "thief!" fucking liberals...

Reply #3276
kill one person out of malice or passion and suddenly everyone's like "murder!" jesus these SJWs are crazy

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3277
Rasputin polling

That motherfucker just won't die, will he?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3278
Guys, we all know the police exists to keep the blacks and spics in their place. It's absurd to go after white people for "rape" or "tax evasion" or "securities fraud."

Reply #3279
so one time i basically grabbed some dude off the street, threw him in the back of my van, then held him hostage for ransom. APPARENTLY our politically correct hollyweird culture deems this "kidnapping"?????????

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #3280
Have we covered Rush Limbaugh's whole "no consent and suddenly they call the rape police" rant?
linky?

(text please, no video/audio)

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3281
https://mediamatters.org/video/2016/10/12/limbaugh-left-sends-out-rape-police-whenever-theres-sex-no-consent-also-known-rape/213787

RUSH LIMBAUGH: You know what the magic word, the only thing that matters in American sexual mores today is? One thing. You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent. If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left.

I love how his "rape police" comment is supposed to describe this metaphorical PC brigade enforcing craaaaazy, wacky leftist ideology when rape is an actual fucking crime that requires the involvement of literal, actual goddamn motherfucking police.

lol :airquote: consent :airquote:

Reply #3282
this is how the minds of certain people work

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3283
Getting annoyed by people freaking the fuck out about Russia. There have been two stories going around, and they're all getting tied into "and that's why we need TRUMP!".

(1) Russia told its citizens to come back to the motherland IMMEDIATELY and to pull their children from school IMMEDIATELY because NUCLEAR WAR IS IMMINENT!!!!! :stopper:

Some minor media outlet reported that government deputies and administrative staff abroad got a message from the office of the president recommending that they take their children out of Western universities and have them go to school in Russia. And they recommended that any other family members living abroad with them who are still Russian citizens should also return. The explanation was that it looks bad for politicians to go on TV and blather on about patriotism and how the West is against Russia all while having their children educated at elite Western schools. And there have been some scandals involving high-ranking politicians criticizing the West while their kids are at European and American universities. Lavrov's daughter, who was going to school in the US, was criticized for speaking Russian with an accent.

It's a recommendation, not a request, and it was only that their kids be educated in Russia. Government officials abroad are staying exactly where the fuck they are. If they don't comply, their careers will probably be affected, but it's not an urgent order to leave the US because NUCLEAR WAR IS IMMINENT!!!!!

I tried searching for this story in major Russian outlets but could only find it on that internet-only source. Not in any of the newspapers. It's barely a story. No one cares.

(2) A Putin ally is telling America that there will be NUCLEAR WAR if Trump loses!!!! :stopper:

The guy saying this is Zhirinovsky, who is widely regarded as a giant fucking clown and fascist piece of shit meant to distract the more extreme right wing nationalists so they don't get too rowdy. He is basically the Russian version of Trump. Even 10 years ago, people would roll their eyes and laugh at the mention of his name. He once promised that if he got elected, there'd be free vodka for everyone. He's called for a literal police state, executions, and suspension of elections. Basically, any time anyone wants to freak out about Russia, they just go look for the latest Zhirinovsky quote to convince themselves that NUCLEAR WAR IS IMMINENT!!!!!.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #3284
I remember seeing a western journalist interview zhirinovsky about 15 years ago.  he softened his russian fascist rhetoric a little and said america and russia didn't have to remain enemies forever; and in time maybe they could help us with our blacks and other problems.

• Pingu
Reply #3285
I love this tweet:

Michelle Obama is basically baiting Trump to attack her now. If I were Kellyanne, I'd take Trump's phone and swallow it.
https://twitter.com/tbogg/status/786609889694982144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3286
I remember seeing a western journalist interview zhirinovsky about 15 years ago.  he softened his russian fascist rhetoric a little and said america and russia didn't have to remain enemies forever; and in time maybe they could help us with our blacks and other problems.

Is this before or after Russia takes back Alaska and exiles all the Ukrainians there?

Reply #3287
give a month and this may come true!!

Reply #3288
now Trump is apologizing to Milosevic for stopping the Bosnian genocide.

Guys we're done.

• Pingu
Reply #3289
What?
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• ksen
Reply #3290
I do not consent to be governed by Republican pieces of shit.

Anyone have the rape police hotline number handy?

Reply #3291
just got this one:

"Talk Rational: 1 part men's locker room, 1 part french salon."

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3292
NYT responds: http://documents.latimes.com/read-new-york-times-response-donald-trumps-lawyers/

:burnsauce:

Trump's response to the People magazine accusation: "I didn't do it. I mean, look at her!"

Also Michelle Obama's speech was really something. I usually skip over this kind of shit, but this one is worth listening to: https://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/watch-choking-back-tears-michelle-obama-delivers-powerful-speech-on-trumps-abuse-of-women/

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3293
This is definitely going to snowball. Twitter hashtag coming in 3, 2, 1...
Someone tried #DonaldGropedMe 3 days ago, but it didn't catch on.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #3294
In my short and not particularly illustrious career on twitter, the single most reacted-to tweet I've made was "I believe Natasha Stoynoff"

The likes and retweets have all been Hillary supporters as near as I can tell.  The replies have been either the Bernie or die brigade or people with "deplorable" in their handle.  Mostly Bernie or die folks.

Reply #3295

Reply #3296
And Trump is blowing all the antisemitic dogwhistles:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-conspiratorial-picture-florida

"It is a global power structure that is responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class, stripped our country of its wealth and put the money in the pockets of a handful of large corporations and political entities. Just look at what the corrupt establishment has done to our cities like Detroit, Flint, Michigan and rural towns in Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, and all cross our country. Take a look at what is going on. They've stripped away the towns bare and raided the wealth for themselves and taken our jobs away, out of our country, never to return unless I'm elected president," he said.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3297
Well about 2/3 of them, if the number of states corresponds with the number of actual voters (which it probably doesn't).
They don't (of course), for a rough idea of relative population of each state, check out an electoral vote count map

Reply #3298
possibly interesting/relevant historical anecdote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Cady_Stanton#Later_years

In the decade following ratification of the Fifteenth Amendment, both Stanton and Anthony increasingly took the position, first advocated by Victoria Woodhull, that the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments actually did give women the right to vote.[68] They argued that the Fourteenth Amendment, which defined citizens as "all persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof," included women and that the Fifteenth Amendment provided all citizens with the right to vote.[69] Using this logic, they asserted that women now had the constitutional right to vote and that it was simply a matter of claiming that right. This constitution-based argument, which came to be called "the new departure" in women's rights circles because of its divergence from earlier attempts to change voting laws on a state-by-state basis,[70] led to first Anthony (in 1872), and later Stanton (in 1880), going to the polls and demanding to vote.[71] Despite this, and similar attempts made by hundreds of other women, it would be nearly 50 years before women obtained the right to vote throughout the United States.
Everybody knows women aren't really people...duh. 

Reply #3299
Rasputin polling somehow went from +4 Clinton yesterday to +2 trump today.
Unskewed....