Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: it's as if at least two distinct groups of people who have diametrically opposed points of view with completely incompatible underlying assumptions are having an argument. Oh, and for added fun, everyone here seems to believe that everyone else is a disingenuous prick or a complete retard.

Topic: 2016 Election (U.S. Presidential, duh) (Read 52027 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 Election (U.S. Presidential, duh)
Reply #3350
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-supporter-armed-protest-dem

Two Donald Trump supporters openly carrying firearms sat outside the campaign office of a Democratic candidate for Congress in Virginia for nearly 12 hours on Thursday, according to CBS affiliate Newsplex in Charlottesville.

Reply #3351
Gotta love those guys. Guts and.guns.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• MikeB
Reply #3352
It's TR's fault!

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/14/trump-a-global-power-structure-is-trying-to-take-down-my-camp/21582870/

"In a fiery speech discrediting several women accusing him of sexual misconduct, Donald Trump deflected the attention from his alleged indiscretions to the power of a "global power structure" out to "destroy" him."

Reply #3353
at this point he's gone full nazi. You can almost see the ((())) in his speech.

Reply #3354
I'm sure he doesn't give a flying fuck, but my god that is some dangerous rhetoric to be dishing out to his true believers. I mean if people honestly believe him when he says "This is not simply another four-year election. This is a crossroads in the history of our civilization that will determine whether or not we the people reclaim control over our government," what are they supposed to do? I mean the clear implication there is that it's too important to be left to the ballot box, right?

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #3355
I just learned today what that means.

• Pingu
Reply #3356
Trump's speech is as terrifying as Michelle's was moving.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3357
Trump's speech is as terrifying as Michelle's was moving.
My lovely elderly British-born neighbour has been talking to her Brit relatives again. She is really a sweet and kind person herself, but tends to believe everything her (mostly over seventy) relatives in Jolly Olde have to say. In the past they've told her horror stories about how Muslim immigrants are destroying entire neighbourhoods, it's dangerous to go out at all. They seem to forward to her every anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant copy-pasta they can find, voted Brexit etc. Currently, as she told us last night, they are telling her that if Trump does not win, there will be a third world war, and therefore he must win.

Now I can sort of understand why old British people might believe the first bits, but where in god's name have they come up with this latest bit of crazed fear-mongering?

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #3358
Now I can sort of understand why old British people might believe the first bits, but where in god's name have they come up with this latest bit of crazed fear-mongering?
Remember meep's post about Russia yesterday?  It might be about that.

Reply #3359
people are going to get killed before this is over.

• MikeB
Reply #3360
Remember meep's post about Russia yesterday?  It might be about that.
Yeah, my post prior to that too, same thing!

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3361
Then you're an idiot. After Srebrenica, Milosevic showed the world what he was interested in doing. 1999 was "preemptive" only inasmuch as they stopped the massacre of Kosovars early enough that the dead were few enough that they didn't add up to impressive statistics.
teeth.  :colbert:

The 1999 bombing didn't stop the massacres of Kosovars.  Arguably it did the opposite:  It brought them about.  The Serbians were all "fuck it, might as well start doing what they're accusing us of already doing".  Getting bombed doesn't typically bring out the best in people.

The single incident before that (Racak) was a matter of police going overboard in response to an attack by the KLA in which several Serbs were killed.  (The KLA were a terrorist group, probably al-Qaida-affiliated.)  It wasn't about ethnic cleansing until we started bombing them.

Of course we (the west) claimed that ethnic cleansing was going on, perhaps because Bosnia was fresh in our minds.  The Yugoslavian[1] government's initial response was "ok then, bring in UN peacekeepers all over Kosovo to make sure none of that shit happens".

So there was an easy way to stop/prevent all that shit with minimal bloodshed.  But we (NATO) refused to let the UN deal with it.  Instead, we delivered an insulting ultimatum designed to be impossible for them to accept (kinda like Austria-Hungary did to them in 1914).  If we had just said "stop all massacres, let NATO troops into Kosovo to verify", they probably would have accepted it.  Instead, we demanded total unconditional surrender of their entire country.  A demand traditionally reserved for when you're already at total war.  Of course they refused.  Just like we intended them to.

So we claimed they were being "intransigent" and started bombing the shit out of them.  Fucking inexcusable.

[speculation]Maybe done to give the press something to talk about other than Monica Lewinski.[/speculation]
Quote from: teeth!
Grew up around too many Bosnian refugees to shed a single tear for 1999
So because of the Bosnian atrocities, everyone of the Serb ethnicity is forever subhuman to you?  Nice.
that name was still in use at that time, meaning Serbia + Montenegro

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3362

I doubt he or anyone else thinks that your average person gives a fuck about Sidney Blumenthal. ANd you could almost hear the fucking ((( ))) every time he ominously said Sidney Blumenthal.

Nobody reads my posts.  :sadcheer:

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3363

I doubt he or anyone else thinks that your average person gives a fuck about Sidney Blumenthal. ANd you could almost hear the fucking ((( ))) every time he ominously said Sidney Blumenthal.

Nobody reads my posts.  :sadcheer:
Bro D does. :)

and what's more, remembers them.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3364
Well, some of them.  :D

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3365
 :smith:

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #3366

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #3367
Also, the Gloria Allred press conference was horrifying.

Reply #3368
reports of trump supporters physically attacking protestors in Greensboro

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3369
good grief, men are retarded

Welcome to science, cricket.  :smug:

Honestly, though, if I ever run for office, my platform will be to disenfranchise men because seriously how fucking stupid are you guys? All you do is ruin everything.
Late to the party, but it's always been my position men should stay at home, smoke cigars, drink beer and watch Sesame Street with the kids, under proper supervision, of course.
Are we there yet?

Reply #3370
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3371
kill all men

Wait, leave a few to kill cockroaches and other icky bugs for me, pls.
Happy to do so. Love killing bugs, especially cockroaches.

Of course, you could just import some serious geckos but that'd probably end up some sort of environmental disaster. '
Like we aren't.
Are we there yet?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #3372
Bugger, now we'll have to kill all the cats to justify our existence.
You are now on their death list.
Be careful. Especially around the house. Strays can show up anytime.
Are we there yet?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3373
Bugger, now we'll have to kill all the cats to justify our existence.
You are now on their death list.
Be careful. Especially around the house. Strays can show up anytime.
Plus feral cats in Australia are friggin' huge.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #3374