Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: give some hasty rationalization, launch into some tangentially related crap, and then when someone replies to the initial point, pretend that the real topic is your freshly squeezed-out nugget of rhetoric

Topic: What Movie have you watched lately? (Read 6040 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What Movie have you watched lately?
Reply #300
Deadpool 2 so awesome

• ksen
Reply #301
Yep.

I thought the first act started a little slowly but once it got going it was awesome.

Also . . . the post credit scenes.

Reply #302
and the wind advisory

Reply #303
brad pitt lol

Reply #304
The Bond opening slayed me.

Reply #305
Got tix for Solo on Saturday, first time I wont be seeing a Star Wars on opening night since TPM, wasn't really thrilled about this project. I'd prefer fresh new stories with new characters and events unrelated to the current films.

Reply #306
IOW, all those fan bois that cry for a Kenobi or Fett movie, your fucking idiots

Reply #307
This will be the first SW movie after empire which I will not see in a theatre or ever unless I'm strapped into a Solo Ludivico device.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #308
Deadpool 2. :D

It was fun. :D
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #309
Solo was pretty okay. A lot of it was enjoyable, but it has the same problems of being messy and over-plotted as the other Disney Star Wars movies. The lead actor was good, but I never really believed that he was the same Han Solo. Lando was better. Nothing in the movie was as good as the preview for the Queen biopic.

• Monad
Reply #310
Watched the sequence of Superman dawn of justice, Justice league and Wonder woman over a couple of days. Much better that way. Justice League is the only one with any sense of humour but that's Joss Whedon, Superman was pretty dull but did help to make sense of the others. Wonder woman I liked better a second time around but it's still annoyingly flawed in some respects.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #311
I find those films fascinating. A train wreck, but a very interesting train wreck (exception being Wonder Woman, which while flawed is still a good film).
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• Faid
Reply #312
So yeah I saw the Shape of Water.

Sigh.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• ffejrxx
Reply #313
Deadpool 2. :D

It was fun. :D
it was everything i thought it would be, and a baby penis

Reply #314

Sigh.
Any particular reason for the sigh? I thought it was pretty good myself.
Why do I bother?

• Faid
Reply #315

Sigh.
Any particular reason for the sigh? I thought it was pretty good myself.
I guess I expected more. It just felt the whole thing was a bit forced, on-the-nose and eventually fell flat. There was never any build-up for any character, the scenes that were supposed to have some suspense, well, didn't, and the final confrontation and catharsis was as disappointingly predictable as one would expect from the first scenes. Michael Shannon was the highlight of the movie imo, as he manages to give a great performance- even if the director wants him to simply be a stereotypical "monster" in every aspect, without any depth of character (like a caricature of the bad guy in Pan's Labyrinth).
I wonder if Del Toro didn't simply want to make that whole movie as a justification for the dance scene (which was pretty cool I'll admit). Overall, I felt like that short Dutch film that was weirdly similar (The Space Between Us)* dealt with the concept a lot better.

(*) What was it with the similarity of the two films anyway? I find it hard to believe it was a coincidence- even the title was similar.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #316
Hereditary
(US released on June 8, 2018)
Flawlessly executed supernatural horror film, written & directed by Ari Aster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6wWKNij_1M
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• Monad
Reply #317
Black Panther certainly lived up to its promise - brilliant in every way but most of all for the beautiful Africanist vision it offers.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #318
I finally saw Coco and cried like a fucking baby.

Reply #319
Coco is awesome.

Reply #320
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom was tons of fun. Easily my favorite Jurassic Park sequel. Mostly because it goes in a completely new and interesting direction that I didn't expect and because it's very well made.