Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Athletic Choreographed Fantasy Display

Topic: Some heads are gonna roll  (Read 80685 times) previous topic - next topic

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Re: Some heads are gonna roll
Reply #8800
Hey, me too, and I don't even know stevie like you know stevie!

Say hello to stevie for me,eh?
I will. I just never seem to catch him at home. Did get to see Eric a week or so ago. He works at a Construction Supply Company in Fremont, just down the hill from Stevie's place, where he still lives. Said Stevie was busy as ever. I had gone there to get some beam hangers for the deck/porch addition we're doing. It's coming out really nice. But it's been a huge amount of work. At least for us two old folks.
Are we there yet?

Reply #8801
Goat Rodeo

Reply #8802
Goat Rodeo:

Trump cancels Kim summit amid North Korea 'hostility'
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44242558

Guess all those US/NK Summit commemorative coins were a bit premature.
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #8803
Being a billionaire- especially one born with a silver spoon in his mouth - is points off AFAIC.

A lot of points 

ETA:  Even more especially one with a long sordid and well documented history of shady dealings to maintain and amplify that wealth.
It's fine with me if you don't like how big business operates which includes shady things like inciting civil wars in the name of ending slavery,
The reason you remain an idiot (well, one of the reasons) is that you adamantly refuse to educate yourself in the REAL history of your nation.
lying about dictators having nukes as an excuse to invade their country and make that country safe for democracy oops I mean safe for Oil Company operations,
I'm sure you were FURIOUS with Bush back then, huh? How about your alt-right buddies? Did they take to the streets in protest?
using bankruptcy laws to their advantage and so on. 
Like Trump himself (and so on).

What I'm not okay with is you, a guy with a PhD, pretending to be smart while at the same time saying that Trump is no good at (shady) (big) business.
So you're saying what your country needed was a shady crook? Known for his ability to scam others? But wait- I thought Killary was a crook too. Hmm.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #8804
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8805
Goat Rodeo

Speaking of Каспа́ров...
Donald Trump Has More Russian Connections Than Aeroflot
Quote from: Га́рри Ки́мович Каспа́ров
Trump is more outraged about the FBI investigating Russian interference in his campaign & the election than he is about the interference. Personal interest over national security.
Quote from: Га́рри Ки́мович Каспа́ров
Trump has criticized: Republicans, Democrats, the Pope, US elections, CIA, FBI, NATO, Meryl Streep.
Trump hasn't criticized: Vladimir Putin.
  • Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:36:30 AM by VoxRat
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #8806
Gee, Heinz - Trump has shown no respect to my elected leader, even bragged and laughed about lying to his face. Should I respect Trump too or do I get a pass?

You are a canuk, you get a pass.

But you really seem upset about that; you mention it often enough.

I am. It's symbolic of the disregard and contempt with which Trump and his cronies regard Canada. The US is a monstrous country, with which our economy is inextricably entwined. Their culture, massive as it is, inevitably influences our own culture, usually not to the better. (For example, there are now more than one hundred hate groups in Canada, mostly white supremacists, all directly involved with their US counterparts).

Most Presidents at least pay lip service to respecting our sovereignty. Trump is something else. He's a bully and he lies without even thinking about it. He can't be trusted to keep his word on anything. He seesaws on trade, NATO, TPP, lumber, dairy, god knows what his oil stance is going to be in the future. A much smaller economy like Canada's requires stability, something we will never have with Trump in office.

His appalling environment and wildlife decisions may be disastrous for Canadian lands and wildlife as well.

Of course it was upsetting, why the hell would it not be?

Although I mostly repeat it to try to ding it into Dave's thick skull that his hero Trump is a bully and a liar. H never responds, of course.

Allow me to apologize to you on behalf of our idiot president, for any sleight either perceived or real, against your president.

Canada also benefits greatly from its close proximity to the US. For one thing, you do not need to maintain a very strong military against the possibility of Russia incursion; you are under the US nuclear umbrella. And trade with the US is a major factor of your economy. Sometime you have to accept the good with the bad. Trump won't be around forever, but the US and Canada will, hopefully.
Yeah, and that gal whose husband beat the crap out of last month, she lived in a really nice house and got to drive a Mercedes station wagon. Hell, he even paid for the plastic surgery so you can never tell how bad it was.

Are you smoking crack? Or are you just cracked in the head?
"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." (Jonathan Swift)

• Faid
Reply #8807
Goat Rodeo:

I bet Kim's response (well, the response his authors will write up for him) will include something like "When the President of the USA cares no more about petty political games, Nobel prizes and his own ratings, and is ready to discuss in earnest about the well-being of the People, the Chairman of NK will be here to meet him on the negotiating table as an equal. Our offer stands".

And just like that, that little SOB will have come out on top. Great.

• Pingu
Reply #8808
Where IS that pinhead?
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #8809
Being a billionaire- especially one born with a silver spoon in his mouth - is points off AFAIC.

A lot of points 

ETA:  Even more especially one with a long sordid and well documented history of shady dealings to maintain and amplify that wealth.

Everyone here is missing the point, probably because of their blind hatred for Trump.

The only point was that he is the only person to be a billionaire AND POTUS, so just maybe he does know something that most people don't. But you people cannot even admit something as obvious as that. Hatred destroys the hater.
"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." (Jonathan Swift)

Reply #8810
Where IS that pinhead?

Stevie seemed like a sensible person. Too sensible to hang around a joint like this.

• Faid
Reply #8811

A lot of points 

Everyone here is missing the point, probably because of their blind hatred for Trump.

The only point was that he is the only person to be a billionaire AND POTUS, so just maybe he does know something that most people don't. But you people cannot even admit something as obvious as that. Hatred destroys the hater.
Logical fallacies destroy logic. (Or, alternatively, help it by highlighting examples of How Not To Do It)

• JonF
Reply #8812

A lot of points 

So wealth plus power = knowledge?

Note that Trump pays little or no attention to the vast amount of information easily available to him.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #8813
Talking like a moron = wealth + power, apparently.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8814

The only point was that he is the only person to be a billionaire AND POTUS, so just maybe he does know something that most people don't.
And who do you think somehow missed that point?  :dunno:
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8815
Probably just about everyone knows something that some other people don't.
I, for instance, know the difference between HIV and HPV.

• Faid
Reply #8816
Well, Heinz's original response was in reference to the way Trump talks... So I guess his point was that Trump is the only person to be a billionaire AND POTUS, so just maybe he talks like that because he knows something that most people don't.

Then again, I'm still convinced he's trolling us out of boredom, so...

Reply #8817

A lot of points 

Being a billionaire isn't all that impressive when you're spotted the first 300 million

Reply #8818
Goat Rodeo:

I bet Kim's response (well, the response his authors will write up for him) will include something like "When the President of the USA cares no more about petty political games, Nobel prizes and his own ratings, and is ready to discuss in earnest about the well-being of the People, the Chairman of NK will be here to meet him on the negotiating table as an equal. Our offer stands".

Especially since NK also destroyed a nuclear test site today.   https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/asia/north-korea-nuclear-test-site-intl/index.html
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

Reply #8819
Goat Rodeo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/462242226492674048

Reply #8820
Goat Rodeo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/462242226492674048
Lol.   Sure.   Amazing how one 4 year old tweet can be used to hand-wave away any negotiation Trump fails to close.
  • Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:06:45 AM by entropy

• Faid
Reply #8821
Just like it did with the Paris agreement, the ACA replacement, the wall, the Iran deal, the China trade deal...

Trumpers are just quoting Scripture at this point. "For it is written, in our Glorious Leader's Tweets..."

Reply #8822

A lot of points 

He knows how to manipulate media cycles and how to dupe suckers.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #8823
Also Trump has been officially nominated for this year's Nobel Peace Prize
Pulling this forward.

:rofl:

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #8824
Goat Rodeo:

It's pretty much per the script they wrote for the whole show.
Make generous but vague offer to Drumpf,
Drumpf falls all over himself with self-congratulations about what a great deal maker he is.
Big plans for a summit.
NK gets their nose out of joint because the US is going to engage with SK in war games.
NK cancels meeting
Drumpf, trying to look like he's in control, cancels meeting.
Back to normal.
Are we there yet?