Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: home of the A- community.

Topic: RH Brown and Carbon 14 (Read 16790 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RH Brown and Carbon 14
Reply #3300
Dave, did you really shoo me off to another topic to avoid discussing C14, just like everyone thought you would?
You are easy to predict.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
you suck at truth detection. (And spelling)

Reply #3301
Dave, did you really shoo me off to another topic to avoid discussing C14, just like everyone thought you would?
You are easy to predict.
Well, answering questions is a duty for everyone but Dave.

• Zombies!
  • We're in the pipe, five by five.
Reply #3302
You are easy to predict.
Well, answering questions is a duty for everyone but Dave.
Why?  I have seen his rationalizations about the forum being a white board,or that there's too many questions for him to answer, but why does he excuse himself from the science?
I think it's because he legitimately can't understand it.  Its just too much, with the numbers and the consilience, and the lack of necessary Jesus.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sat May 19 2018
Go fuck yourself until you can learn how to respect me. Then we'll talk. And if this offends you and you don't want to participate in this thread anymore, then fine. There's plenty of other science threads to participate in.

• Zombies!
Reply #3303
Looks like you badgered Dave.  I'm going to bump this anyway.
Go fuck yourself until you can learn how to respect me. Then we'll talk. And if this offends you and you don't want to participate in this thread anymore, then fine. There's plenty of other science threads to participate in.

Reply #3304
Bump, since Dave is still claiming that radiocarbon dating
involves enormously questionable assumptions.
Maybe he can stop being such a coward and examine his own assumptions.

Reply #3305
I really love that these quotes follow each other.
Mike makes a behavioral model:

Anyway, about pingu's explanation
I've already stated my position on that.  Why state it again?  Would  you like me to repeat it in Portuguese, which is a mixture of the Language Which Became Modern Spanish plus the Language Which Became Modern French?

was your position that it was too complicated for you to understand?
Yes.  Si.  Oui.  Sim.

So, does that mean you are bailing, or are you going to try to understand what she is saying?
It means that trying to navigate her (bad) logic and plexus sales pitches is too much work and not fun.  Mike is a guy who actually posts substance and he has become understandable.  But Pingu, no.  She is still flying around in the clouds as many university professors do.  Maybe she'll come down to earth one day.
So respond to Mike's exposition.
From the Testy thread about the Tonto group ...

I - on the other had - am honest.  For example, Mike has posed a valid objection to Brown's reservoir formula and I (honestly) cannot overcome his objection at the moment.

So I admit that.  Honestly.
So Dave is trying to "overcome my objection at the moment".  He's not stuck, he's not "defeated", he's only admitted a small amount here.  But he will not engage further to investigate alternatives or corrections, he needs to "overcome my objection" because ... well ... Brown is "generally" correct so this is just a road bump to be explained away eventually.

Brown cannot be "wrong", only incorrect in a marginal manner.
And Dave crams in his Lorem Ipsum.
He appears to be wrong in his use of that particular reservoir formula.  But he's right in the much bigger observation that there have been massive changes in carbon-14 because of the global flood.

Just like he may be wrong about the number 39,000, but  his general observation was very astute.

So why the random reference to Plexus?
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
you suck at truth detection. (And spelling)

• Zombies!
Reply #3306

Reply #3307
Bump for chickenshit Dave.

Reply #3308
But he's never run away from any convo!