Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• As unofficial Charter editor I am going to reduce that to "Talk shitloads."

Topic: Babies in the Womb ARE Babies (Read 2949 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Babies in the Womb ARE Babies
Reply #25
Well one thing about your view is that it seems to provide a clear line of demarcation. And without some clear line of demarcation, it seems that we would be on a slippery slope  and we could end up in a very scary place.

Reply #26
Well one thing about your view is that it seems to provide a clear line of demarcation. And without some clear line of demarcation, it seems that we would be on a slippery slope  and we could end up in a very scary place.

Where, in the Hawkins Death Trap Hovel?

• Pingu
Reply #27

Yes.  And I think it makes more sense to separate the issue of when the developing human being acquires human rights from the issues as to when it is capable of suffering and how much. It seems to me we have a duty to prevent any fetus that may be capable of fear or pain from suffering, but that that should be a different question from when we accord it human rights.

I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #28
Dave could be aborted in the 168th trimester...
While you were getting your PhD in virology, I got my PhD in truth detection. :wave:  Dave Hawkins

• Peez
Reply #29
That "scary place" is called reality, with its many shades of gray.

Peez

Reply #30
"Pendulum."

Feminism has  accomplished some good things  especially where women were oppressed but it has also accomplished some bad things.  One such bad thing is that some women step far beyond "equality" and act like they are the queen.  that attitude often comes off very bitchy and manipulative and I react very strongly to that.

• Pingu
Reply #31
"Pendulum."

Feminism has  accomplished some good things  especially where women were oppressed but it has also accomplished some bad things.  One such bad thing is that some women step far beyond "equality" and act like they are the queen.  that attitude often comes off very bitchy and manipulative and I react very strongly to that.

This makes no sense. 

And what has it got to do with "Babies in the Womb" anyway?

• nesb
Reply #32
I think Dave is having a stroke.

Reply #33
 I thought you wanted me to take all this abortion stuff and feminism stuff to this thread

Reply #34
 but hey... To a Darwinist maybe it makes more sense to put it in a thread entitled purple polkadot space zombies... How should I know?

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #35
"Pendulum."

Dave, this is nothing but "I, Dave Hawkins, don't like the way some women talk to me."

What do these phrases mean?

"far beyond equality"
"act like they are the queen"
"bitchy and manipulative"

The last two are things you've accused me and Pingu of doing, but you never have the same complaints regarding men.

What do you mean by those phrases?

• Pingu
Reply #36
I thought you wanted me to take all this abortion stuff and feminism stuff to this thread

No, that was you.  You refused to answer our question about the pendulum on your pet thread.

• Pingu
Reply #37
"Pendulum."

Dave, this is nothing but "I, Dave Hawkins, don't like the way some women talk to me."

"far beyond equality"

The last two are things you've accused me and Pingu of doing, but you never have the same complaints regarding men.

More circular reasoning from Dave. 

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #38
"Pendulum."

"far beyond equality"

More circular reasoning from Dave. 

Oh, very likely, but it might be interesting to see if he actually manages to explain himself.

• Pingu
Reply #39
Circular reasoning is built into Dave's entire cognitive system.  It's evident in his inability to distinguish between hypotheses and conclusions.

Reply #40
If they are not, then please explain to me at what point they BECOME babies ... when they exit the birth canal? When the cord is cut?  How about preemies? Are THEY fetuses? Not babies?
If an illegal immigrant gets pregnant in Texas, when does the baby become an anchor baby?

Reply #41
So, Dave returned to this thread. Nobody is surprised that he won't address the thread title topic. OT views, Dave. Do you agree or oppose?

Reply #42
When, during the birth process does a conservative stop giving a shit about the fetus?
A walk through the ocean of most mens souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

• Pingu
Reply #43

So, Dave - where do you draw the "line of demarcation"?  And why?

• Faid
Reply #44
"Pendulum."

"Pendulum."

IOW, it annoys you when women talk back to you because they don't know their place and it's feminism's fault.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #45
Dave if a fetus is still inside the womb then it's definitely too young for you.
  • Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:06:02 PM by madmardigan

• Faid
Reply #46
That was you, actually.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Fenrir
Reply #47
but hey... To a Darwinist maybe it makes more sense to put it in a thread entitled purple polkadot space zombies... How should I know?

There is already a thread for a self righteous arsehole, go put it there.
It's what plants crave.

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #48
I have a question for you, Dave.

One day you are walking down the street and notice smoke coming from a building.

Rushing to see what the problem is you discover that a fire is raging within.

You open the door to see an infant in a crib in one corner of the burning room and an IVF incubator containing a dozen fertilized embryos readied for implantation in another corner.

The fire is about to consume the entire room and you realize you can only save either the infant or the incubator, the other will perish in the fire.

Which do you save and why ?

Perhaps Dave's answer to this dilemma can help us decide if the title of this thread is horseshit or not.

Still waiting for The Truth, Dave, because it matters.
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• ffejrxx
Reply #49
can we shift the discussion the other direction??

some fetuses after 168 trimesters are still babies