Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: I guess I subconsciously just wanted to comment on some shit.

Topic: Aliens reaping Earth (Read 139 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
Aliens reaping Earth
There are quite a few SF stories where aliens arrive to harvest the earth of its resources endangering all of humanity.

However, if resource strapped aliens bumbled into our solar system wouldn't they be able to get more resources for less trouble just by harvesting the other planets and/or the asteroid belt?

We could probably even charge them royalties for the privilege.

Re: Aliens reaping Earth
Reply #1
unless they're coming to reap humanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLY6UHLVQXs

• ksen
Reply #2
Too gamey.

Reply #3
Listen to yourself! You're indoctrinated!

Reply #4
I seem to remember Greg Bear's Forge of God had something like this- Von Neumann machines invade and the aliens who are combatting them sacrifice earth (rescuing a small percentage of humanity), in order to stop them harvesting the asteroid belt which would be even more disasterous for the galaxy as a whole.
Why do I bother?

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #5
We could probably even charge them royalties for the privilege.

Trump makes the best deals. The deal he would make would be yuge, the biggest deal ever, so much winning, believe me.

"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• Monad
Reply #6
I seem to remember Greg Bear's Forge of God had something like this- Von Neumann machines invade and the aliens who are combatting them sacrifice earth (rescuing a small percentage of humanity), in order to stop them harvesting the asteroid belt which would be even more disasterous for the galaxy as a whole.

Love that book