Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• One standard for the Kewl Klown Kidz and another for daddies who need to be put down.

Topic: Borealis Should Be Fired as Admin if She Doesn't Ban Valor (Read 1486 times) previous topic - next topic

• JonF
Re: Borealis Should Be Fired as Admin if She Doesn't Ban Valor
Reply #175
The fact that you think this is hilarious may shed some light on why you support people like Obama and Hillary for public office ...  both of these people are under investigation for trying to subvert our constitutional form of government.
Um, no.  It's the Trumpistas that are under investigation.

Some Republicans have called for new investigations of the same Hillary material that's been investigated and debunked so many times, But there is no investigation of Hillary or Obama.

There's a fatal problem in such investigations; there's no crime or misdemeanor to investigate.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #176
Some Republicans have called for new investigations of the same Hillary material that's been investigated and debunked so many times.
Oh yes? Do they want to do Benghazi again?
Truth is out of style

• JonF
Reply #177
In 25 words or less, please describe how YOU think Trump is trying to subvert our constitutional form of government.
Mostly by refusing to implement the laws that Congress passed and he or some president signed. And ignoring the Russian interference.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

Reply #178
In 25 words or less, please describe how YOU think Trump is trying to subvert our constitutional form of government.

He understands neither "separation of powers", nor the first amendment, and by word and deed undermines both.

okay great. Would you like to give me some examples?

• JonF
Reply #179
Here's my 25 words or less description of how I think Obama / Hillary tried to subvert it ...

I think they weaponized the DOJ / FBI to spy on Trump as a candidate - tried to use DOJ / FBI to prevent him from winning the election.  Now FBI / DOJ is trying to remove him from office via fake evidence.  I also think that Obama abused power as far back as his first few years in office by greatly expanding surveillance of private citizens.
That's 67 words.  None of it is true. 

• JonF
Reply #180
Some Republicans have called for new investigations of the same Hillary material that's been investigated and debunked so many times.
Hillary Clinton Benghazi Email Investigation Not Over Yet, Thanks to Judge's Order, from August 10th.  Note that the Judicial Watch quoted in the article claims to be non-partisan but pursues almost exclusively Democrats.

The new clusterfuck is the Uranium One deal, which her State Department and eight other agencies approved but couldn't have stopped if they disapproved (only the President could).  It doesn't give our uranium (not usable for bombs) to the Russians, they can't export it. A former board member of the Russian company did make a donation to The Clinton Foundation.  Bill Clinton was paid $500K by a Russian company to make an unrelated speech while the deal was in progress. There is no evidence whatsoever of a quid pro quo in any of those dealings.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #181
Hillary Clinton Benghazi Email Investigation Not Over Yet, Thanks to Judge's Order, from August 10th.  Note that the Judicial Watch quoted in the article claims to be non-partisan but pursues almost exclusively Democrats.

The new clusterfuck is the Uranium One deal, which her State Department and eight other agencies approved but couldn't have stopped if they disapproved (only the President could).  It doesn't give our uranium (not usable for bombs) to the Russians, they can't export it. A former board member of the Russian company did make a donation to The Clinton Foundation.  Bill Clinton was paid $500K by a Russian company to make an unrelated speech while the deal was in progress. There is no evidence whatsoever of a quid pro quo in any of those dealings.

And even if both Clintons were thrown in jail for corruption, it would have nothing to do with Hawkins's (or Alex Jones's via Hawkins?) preposterous assertion lie: "both of these people [Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama] are under investigation for trying to subvert our constitutional form of government"
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• JonF
Reply #182

He understands neither "separation of powers", nor the first amendment, and by word and deed undermines both.

That's one of the major parts of a judge's job. "The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States...". Recognize that?

Trump's threats amount to a First Amendment violation:

DONALD TRUMP TURNED HIS TWITTER IRE on NBC and the NFL this past week. But beyond just criticizing them, Trump is threatening to punish the network and the league with the government's regulatory might.

Trump tweeted on Wednesday that NBC's broadcasting license "must be challenged" and potentially "revoked," based on a series of NBC news stories that embarrassed him. He also suggested the NFL's tax status should be changed if the NFL continues to allow its players to peacefully protest police brutality by kneeling during the National Anthem.

ICYMI: The one "media world mystery" that remains unsolved around Weinstein scandal

Many have commented on the First Amendment implications if Trump were to actually go after NBC's license (or really, the licenses of local affiliates since NBC itself doesn't need a license) or the NFL's tax status. But Trump need not act on his threats for his actions to be considered a First Amendment violation. There's a compelling argument Trump is in violation of Constitution right now--after he crossed the line from criticism of protected speech to openly threatening government action.

There's plenty of case law on this subject from the Supreme Court to appeals courts around the country. Most recently, in a case in the Seventh Circuit called BackPage LLC vs. Thomas Dart, Sheriff of Cook County, Illinois, just-retired Judge Richard Posner articulated exactly why Trump may already be running afoul of the First Amendment merely through his threats.

Trump escalates threats against press, calls news coverage 'frankly disgusting'

President Trump on Wednesday lashed out over a critical news report and escalated his previous attacks on the media by suggesting that news organizations he disagrees with be shut down, alarming free-speech advocates who compared the tactics to intimidation efforts by the Nixon administration.

The president's outbursts, which marred an Oval Office meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, came in reaction to an NBC News report that he had pushed senior aides in July for a major expansion of the U.S. nuclear arsenal. The president's request reportedly prompted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to refer to Trump as a "moron" after the meeting at the Pentagon.

On Twitter, Trump called the report "pure fiction made up to demean" him and questioned whether networks that report "Fake News" should be stripped of their broadcasting licenses -- although the Federal Communications Commission licenses individual stations and affiliates, not networks.

"Bad for the country!" Trump wrote.

Later, in response to questions from reporters in the Oval Office, Trump denied expressing a desire for more nuclear weapons and again criticized NBC.

Trump threatens to 'challenge' news networks
President Trump threatens to "challenge" broadcast networks licenses, but he doesn't have the power to. (Reuters)

"It's frankly disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write," Trump said. "And people should look into it."

Trump said he was not calling for limits to be imposed on the media, but he said that "the press should speak more honestly."
That last sentence is obviously what he was told to say to try to ameliorate the damage he caused.

See also TRUMP VIOLATES FIRST AMENDMENT BY BLOCKING CRITICS ON TWITTER, LEGAL SCHOLARS SAY

• Pingu
Reply #183

Sure.

Regarding the separation between the judiciary and the executive, this tweet is probably the clearest example, but there are many others to choose from:

If you read his inauguration speech, as well as any others, it becomes pretty clear that he envisaged the presidency as being much more like the role of an old-fashioned monarch than as one of three coequal powers. He seemed to think that Congress "served" the president (he used that word, I think) and that McConnell for instance should treat him with deference.  He's learning, but he's clearly finding it frustrating that things he wants to do have to be passed by congress and also be constitutional.

As for the First Amendment - again, there have been many anti-press tweets, including threats to take away the "license" of media organisations who publish what he calls "fake news".  He's also notoriously pro-libel laws, and prior to winning the election talked of "opening up" the libel laws to make it easier for people to sue news organisations for libel.

I have a Darwin-debased mind.

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #184
Pingu can count, because she's a manipulative octohatter bitch.
FYPFU
Are we there yet?

Reply #185
Pingu can count, because she's a manipulative octohatter.

Dave can only count to 11 without taking his shoes off.
A walk through the ocean of most mens souls would scarcely get your feet wet.