Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: Aint been evicted just yet, but thanks for your kind offer to move into that lovely bar fight youve got going over there.

Topic: Dave Hawkins should be banned from Tr if he can't get Valor banned and Borealis fired (Read 1509 times) previous topic - next topic

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Re: Dave Hawkins should be banned from Tr if he can't get Valor banned and Borealis fired
Reply #225
Dave, you've been posting at TR since it's inception, I think.

Have you ANY idea of how the board works?
well I think when an admin asks you to do something or not do something, you are supposed to comply. Am I wrong?

Atbc was recently wondering what happened to you David, why not go back there
???? There's been no AtBC at The Panda's Thumb for many a moon.  Is it somewhere else?

At the old AtBC Wesley restricted his posting privileges to a single topic.
no he restricted me to the bathroom wall. Which effectively means I was banned.
So what you're saying is that you weren't banned. Ok. Glad we cleared that up.
Truth is out of style

Re: Dave Hawkins should be banned from Tr if he can't get Valor banned and Borealis fired
Reply #226
No. I was effectively banned. Being confined to the bathroom wall is essentially being banned.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #227
So you admit you weren't banned. Your admission is clear in your use of "effectively" and "essentially". You don't want to admit you weren't banned, so you try to obfuscate, but everyone can see straight through it.
Truth is out of style

• Fenrir
Reply #228
100% TRUTHINESS!!
It's what plants crave.

• Faid
Reply #229
No. I was effectively banned. Being confined to the bathroom wall is essentially being banned.
No it's not. Neither "effectively" nor "essentially".
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #230
100% TRUTHINESS!!
Absolutely. Accept no substitute. Truthiness matters.
Truth is out of style

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #231

All I've done is defended the one Maasai couple because I had a factual basis for doing so and I've also supplied an article about Maasai wives getting to have boyfriends in response to their criticism that the poor girl won't have any fun with an old duffer that can't get it up. 

I'm pretty sure this is a LIE.

Here is the post in question, one more time:

Nope. I'm ok with an old guy in that Maasai culture marrying what they consider to be a young adult bride as long as she is happy, which apparently she was.
Even though - as you can tell from the multiple accounts linked in this thread to the accounts of actual Maasai women - that the bride's consent is never even a consideration.
Agreed.  But to me, happy is a significant consideration.  Here's one reason which you may not have considered why a 15 year old bride might be happy ...
Amongst the Maasai a woman is allowed to have a boyfriend outside marriage as long as she does not get pregnant. A seventy year old man who has married a twelve-year-old girl (yes, it happens) could allow her to have male 'friends,' but if she conceives she will reap the husband's wrath. http://www.patriciacrossley.com/MARRIAGE.htm
A boyfriend!  Woo hoo!

(Plus she's got her economics covered because the old geezer is rich)

(There definitely is more than one way to skin a cat ... as the saying goes)

The criticism was that you seem not to care about the issue of consent.

NOTHING about  the poor girl won't have any fun with an old duffer that can't get it up .

You MADE THAT UP.
It is a LIE.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• Faid
Reply #232
Wow. How did I miss that?

Fucking hell, dave.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Reply #233
But they go beyond that.  They accuse ME of being a child molester so I just respond in kind.
Bullshit. I never accused you of being a child molester, but you tried to lay it on me. I haven't checked, but I'm sure you have done it to others too.
Yep.
He did it to Faid, also.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• osmanthus
  • Administrator
  • Fingerer of piglets
Reply #234
Well hey, it is Dave. He lies almost all the time. It's more notable when he doesn't.
Truth is out of style

• Faid
Reply #235
But they go beyond that.  They accuse ME of being a child molester so I just respond in kind.
Bullshit. I never accused you of being a child molester, but you tried to lay it on me. I haven't checked, but I'm sure you have done it to others too.
Yep.
He did it to Faid, also.
Yeah, that was weird.
  • Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:44:51 AM by Faid

• Pingu
Reply #236

well I think when an admin asks you to do something or not do something, you are supposed to comply. Am I wrong?

???? There's been no AtBC at The Panda's Thumb for many a moon.  Is it somewhere else?

No, it doesn't "effectively mean" you were banned. Being banned would mean you couldn't post anything there at all.  You were in fact free to post anything you liked.

Kind of the opposite of being banned.
I have a Darwin-debased mind.

Reply #237

All I've done is defended the one Maasai couple because I had a factual basis for doing so and I've also supplied an article about Maasai wives getting to have boyfriends in response to their criticism that the poor girl won't have any fun with an old duffer that can't get it up

They take these two things and go on and try to imply - and in fact accuse me openly - of being a pedophile.

THAT'S out of bounds.

You're an Admin.  Put a stop to it.
Yep.
He did it to Faid, also.
He got me too, and then got shitty when I ask him to retract it.   Never accused him of the same.  He's having a meltdown, probably holiday related.  Nothing under the tree, not invited to holiday parties, etc must be horrible to a brilliant former fighter pilot millionaire.
Quote from: Dave Hawkins on Sun Jan 14 2018 19:59:03 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
you suck at truth detection. (And spelling)

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #238

No, it doesn't "effectively mean" you were banned. Being banned would mean you couldn't post anything there at all.  You were in fact free to post anything you liked.

Doodles, intentionally or not seems to be trying to or has blended the two Bathroom Walls into one here in his mind. It's the only way I can make sense of what the hell he's trying to claim. He's claiming "AtBC doesn't exist anymore at PT" which is nonsensical as it "doesn't exist" in perhaps not having a direct link to the AntiEvolution.org forum after the format of the website changed. (edit: I mixed up what Jon said there with what Doodles said, go it now, the rest of the confusion stands)

Doodles may have been banned to the now defunct Bathroom Wall on the "old" Panda's Thumb (the website, Doodles) way back in the day, I haven't the slightest idea and don't recall that ever happening and regardless I have a reeeealy hard time believing Wesley personally had a damn thing to do with that if it did.

Doodles was most certainly not banned to the (different) Bathroom Wall on AntiEvolution.org (the forum, Doodles) in the AtBC subforum. In fact he knows this as he's posted there in his own publicly viewable thread just over a year ago.

The rest of us seem to be very clear how we took what he said as Doodles seemed to be comparing an equivalent forum ban to an alleged "forum ban" and invoked Wesley's name. Which makes fucking sense if one has the AtBC subforum in mind.

TLDR; Doodles is confused. He thinks AtBC is the Bathroom Wall that existed at Panda's.

(edit: Btw Doodles, and I may come to regret telling you this, but if you were previously banned at Panda's Thumb you are no longer. It now uses a discus commenting system so you are free to re-earn your previous alleged ban should you choose.)

• Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:17:17 AM by Doobie Keebler
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

• JonF
Reply #239
I was the one who said it doesn't exist at PT.
"I would never consider my evaluation of his work to be fair minded unless I had actually read his own words." - Dave Hawkins

• Doobie Keebler
  • I've got a lot of problems with you people
Reply #240
I was the one who said it doesn't exist at PT.

Yeah, I just caught that and edited my post. My bad.

:facepalm:
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #241

So let it be written.  So let it be done.

Reply #242
Dookie (or is it Doobie?) is very concerned about the nitty gritty details my (not) banning at AtBC. 

• uncool
Reply #243
Dookie (or is it Doobie?) is very concerned about the nitty gritty details my (not) banning at AtBC. 

Quote from: Also Dave Hawkins
I DO care about details ... because I care about TRUTH

• RickB
Reply #244

It seems that he is more interested in the fact that you were not actually banned (as you you plead for sympathy for being 'banned, not a fact in the real universe').  Rather that you can post any depraved, demented, outright false comment that you like.  Just that it must be made in a (one) specific thread. 

Well shit Dave.  How many threads have you started at TR?  How many of those threads were started simply to disguise the fact that you were eating your own shit in the original threads.

Christ, Dave.  I have heard of limber people, but someone that can eat his own shit directly from his own ass and does so twice daily is actually quite stunning.