• Talk Rational: We wouldn't have it any other way, unless maybe we would

Topic: The origin of form (Read 899 times) previous topic - next topic

• socrates1
The origin of form
  • Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:01:00 AM by socrates1

• socrates1
Re: The origin of form
Reply #1
"Our research shows that the electrical state of a cell is fundamental to development. Bioelectrical signaling appears to regulate a sequence of events, not just one," said Laura Vandenberg. "Developmental biologists are used to thinking of sequences in which a gene produces a protein product that in turn ultimately leads to development of an eye or a mouth. But our work suggests that something else -- a bioelectrical signal -- is required before that can happen. "

• socrates1

• socrates1
Reply #3
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3869965/
Endogenous voltage gradients as mediators of cell-cell communication: strategies for investigating bioelectrical signals during pattern formation
Alongside the well-known chemical modes of cell-cell communication, we find an important and powerful system of bioelectrical signaling: changes in the resting voltage potential (Vmem) of the plasma membrane driven by ion channels, pumps and gap junctions. Slow Vmem changes in all cells serve as a highly conserved, information-bearing pathway that regulates cell proliferation, migration and differentiation. In embryonic and regenerative pattern formation and in the disorganization of neoplasia, bioelectrical cues serve as mediators of large-scale anatomical polarity, organ identity and positional information. Recent developments have resulted in tools that enable a high-resolution analysis of these biophysical signals and their linkage with upstream and downstream canonical genetic pathways. Here, we provide an overview for the study of bioelectric signaling, focusing on state-of-the-art approaches that use molecular physiology and developmental genetics to probe the roles of bioelectric events functionally. We highlight the logic, strategies and well-developed technologies that any group of researchers can employ to identify and dissect ionic signaling components in their own work and thus to help crack the bioelectric code. The dissection of bioelectric events as instructive signals enabling the orchestration of cell behaviors into large-scale coherent patterning programs will enrich on-going work in diverse areas of biology, as biophysical factors become incorporated into our systems-level understanding of cell interactions.

In formulating testable models of voltage-based control of cell behavior, several unique features of this modality should be kept in mind. Bioelectric signals are fundamentally epigenetic, in the sense of Waddington's Epigenetic Landscape (not in the more modern and restrictive sense of chromatin modification); they underlie physiological heterogeneity (Brock et al. 2009) and are a component of the system-level stable state that directly reflects Waddington's original concept of the relationship between genotype and anatomical phenotype (Huang et al. 2009). Only recently have the tools appropriate to the rather unusual properties of bioelectrical signals become available; their use requires a somewhat different mindset, integrating physiological and biophysical concepts that are distinct from those familiar to molecular developmental biologists.

Note the use of the word "endogenous".
  • Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:30:32 AM by socrates1

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #4
Hello socrates1,

I see than you currently have made 2,800+ posts and you have received 1 upvote.
Do you mind my asking... who gave you the 1 upvote and what post it was for?
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• socrates1
Reply #5
Hello socrates1,

If you have a constructive contribution on the topic of this thread please post it.

• socrates1
Reply #6

• Fenrir
Reply #7
Hello socrates1,

If you have a constructive contribution on the topic of this thread please post it.

Funny, I was thinking the very same thing.

Do you have any constructive on-topic contribution to make Socrates?
It's what plants crave.

• socrates1
Reply #8
https://evolutionnews.org/2011/12/the_face_of_a_f/
The failure to explain the origin of animal body plans is a fundamental shortcoming of Darwinian theory, and this problem must be explained by any candidate paradigm that purports to provide a basis for understanding life's origins and evolution.

Reply #9
So quantum plenum diddling sticks then?
Why do I bother?

• socrates1
Reply #10
https://evolutionnews.org/2011/12/not_in_the_gene/
So although the molecular components of individual sodium-potassium channels may be encoded in DNA sequences, the three-dimensional arrangement of those channels -- which determines the form of the endogenous electric field -- constitutes an independent source of information in the developing embryo.
  • Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:27:38 PM by socrates1

Reply #11
bad thread, everybody's fault

• socrates1
Reply #12
https://youtu.be/ndFe5CaDTlI
It is possible that folks think that the video is showing the cells moving into position. In fact the video is showing how the cells WILL move into position. This shows the design being imparted BEFORE the cells actually move into position.
  • Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:44:17 PM by socrates1

• Spode
  • I'm sorry.
Reply #13
I may have posted this before. Still interesting and important.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110718111421.htm

http://now.tufts.edu/news-releases/face-frog-time-lapse-video-reveals-never-seen

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21761475

You unlearned fool. Form as we know it originated from the flesh of Ymir, who first suckled from the streams that flowed from AuĂ°umbla's teets.

Of old was the age when Ymir lived;
    Sea nor cool waves nor sand there were;
    Earth had not been, nor heaven above,
    But a yawning gap, and grass nowhere.

Out of Ymir's flesh was fashioned the earth,
    And the mountains were made of his bones;
    The sky from the frost cold giant's skull,
    And the ocean out of his blood.

Reply #14
Hello socrates1,

Maybe ToThePoint thinks that being constructive, helping to establish a construction, is only useful on a sound foundation. Part of the foundation in the context of a discussion would be the reputation of the discussion starter. The available metrics relevant to your reputation are worrying, and he is offering you an opportunity to show that things are not as bad as they look.

So, in short, this is your old problem of starting in the middle.
Foundation first.
Establish a reputation.

Reply #15
Hello socrates1,

Maybe ToThePoint thinks that being constructive, helping to establish a construction, is only useful on a sound foundation. Part of the foundation in the context of a discussion would be the reputation of the discussion starter. The available metrics relevant to your reputation are worrying, and he is offering you an opportunity to show that things are not as bad as they look.

So, in short, this is your old problem of starting in the middle.
Foundation first.
Establish a reputation.
Of course you do actually have a reputation, but it is such that as a foundation for discussion, it results in discussions mostly about the various flaws in your character and intellect.  So before constructive posts are possible not only must you establish a new reputation, you must undo the old one.
A daunting task.

• socrates1
Reply #16
It is possible that folks think that the video is showing the cells moving into position. In fact the video is showing how the cells WILL move into position. This shows the design being imparted BEFORE the cells actually move into position.
The question is where does this design come from?

Reply #17

My uneducated, brain addled guess would be Quantum plenum engineering teams, diddling with DNA during development.

Shower of bastards.

Reply #18
I have contributed more to this thread than you Socrates.  All you've done is paste stuff.

Good gad man, up your game!

Reply #19

My uneducated, brain addled guess would be Quantum plenum engineering teams, diddling with DNA during development.

Shower of bastards.

Sorry Socrates, I should have quoted myself when writing more.  Apologies.

Reply #20
I have contributed more to this thread than you Socrates.  All you've done is paste stuff.

Are you going up up your game Socrates?

Reply #21

I hope so.

Reply #22

I hope so.

Really hope so.

Reply #23

I hope so.

Really hope so.

Looking forward to your reply Socrates.

Reply #24

I hope so.

Really hope so.

Looking forward to your reply Socrates.

You reply better contain info about the quantum engineers though.