Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• TalkRational: Supernaut is less gay than 90% of the men on TR.

Topic: Oldest Human Remains (Read 25358 times) previous topic - next topic

• socrates1

• socrates1
Re: Oldest Human Remains
Reply #1
The Out of the Middle East theory is looking stronger all the time.

Reply #2
The Out of Africa through the Middle East theory is looking stronger all the time.
FYP

• socrates1
Reply #3
Some people will recall the extensive thread on the subject of the Out of the Middle East theory. You will recognize that this latest find provides even more support for that theory. But I do not expect anyone here to admit that. 

Reply #4
Admit?
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #5
Some say... the Garden of Eden was located in the Middle East.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #6
The Out of the Middle East theory is looking stronger all the time.

What an odd thing to say.

• socrates1
Reply #7
Some say... the Garden of Eden was located in the Middle East.
Some do say that. If you care to pursue that idea, please set up a thread and I will be happy to contribute. This thread is about the fossil evidence for an Out of the Middle East theory.

Reply #8
Some people will recall the extensive thread on the subject of the Out of the Middle East theory. You will recognize that this latest find provides even more support for that theory. But I do not expect anyone here to admit that. 

I remember you reversing arrows like an idiot. 
I will be moving on shortly.  You would argue until the cows come home.

Reply #9

I do remember that thread. I remember you thought Asians developed from orangutans and Africans from bonobos or some shit.

Reply #10

I do remember that thread. I remember you thought Asians developed from orangutans and Africans from bonobos or some shit.

And he was quite fond of the little dark people I seem to remember him saying.

• socrates1
Reply #11
So the earliest modern human was found in the Middle East.

• socrates1
Reply #12
This has been moved to the Alternative Reality section. It is hard for you folks to face any facts you do not care for. Time to move on.

• Faid
Reply #13
As always, you didn't bother to read your own source.
Homo sapiens first appeared in Africa, with the earliest-known fossils roughly 300,000 years old. A key milestone was when our species first ventured out of Africa en route to populating the far corners of the globe.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Faid
Reply #14
This has been moved to the Alternative Reality section. It is hard for you folks to face any facts you do not care for. Time to move on.
:wave:
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• Brother Daniel
  • Global Moderator
  • predisposed to antagonism
Reply #15
This has been moved to the Alternative Reality section.
Do you have any evidence for that?

Reply #16
As always, you didn't bother to read your own source.
Homo sapiens first appeared in Africa, with the earliest-known fossils roughly 300,000 years old. A key milestone was when our species first ventured out of Africa en route to populating the far corners of the globe.

Wouldn't want this to get lost.

Doug's heart obviously isn't in it anymore, what with these pathetic and ephemeral threads he creates when he tires of updating his ptero-bird blog that nobody in the world gives a shit about.

Reply #17
This has been moved to the Alternative Reality section. It is hard for you folks to face any facts you do not care for.
People know you, moving it here preemptively is efficient.
As long as the "Out of the Middle East :airquote: theory :airquote: " is contradicted by your own source there do not seem to be any facts that need facing.
Time to move on.
You keep saying that but never do it.

• socrates1

• socrates1
Re: Early Hom0 Sapiens?
Reply #19
In an e-mail to Ars, Hublin clarified that they aren't modern humans, but instead "representative of populations directly ancestral to us."

• socrates1
Reply #20

• socrates1
Reply #21
So much for the claim of an African homo sapiens 300,000 years ago.

• socrates1
Reply #22
Even the author Hublin acknowledges that the remains are not homo sapiens.

• socrates1
Reply #23

Reply #24
For those interested see
http://talkrational.org/index.php/topic,1889.new.html
Interesting: (from your source)
These scientists don't like the way Hublin and his colleagues suggest that the "earliest" Homo sapiens walked the Earth 300,000 years ago. Evolution is a constant process, with no perfect beginnings and endings, so there can never really be an "earliest" version of humanity--only transitional forms between one species and the next.
Sounds like these people didn't get the memo about Magic Socratic Saltations from the Quantum Plenum.

Oh, well.