Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• You have an unprecedented ability to fool yourself with the most transparent bullshit.

Topic: thank u 4 ur service *wipes tear* (Read 172 times) previous topic - next topic

thank u 4 ur service *wipes tear*
I was a Panzer-Grenadier in the Waffen-SS, Specifically the 1st SS-Pz.Div. LSSAH. AMA.

DownFallSyndrome 27 points 3 years ago
You still have your luger! That's so awesome. I'm wanting to get one to add to my collection of World War 2 stuff. So expensive though....

I've noticed German and English have much in common. But the grammar can be hard.

Tell your grandpa thanks for answering all these questions. And thank him for his service.

(Yes I know he was technically the "enemy" but he was fighting for his people and country. A brave thing to do.)

[-]Alder333 71 points 3 years ago
Me: Grandpa's crying right now. He say's no one has ever said that to him before and to tell you, thank you.Thank you so much for thanking him for his service.

[-]reaper420 12 points 3 years ago
What did you think of the Nuremberg trials? Do you think the right people were charged , should have more been more charged... less etc

[-]Alder333 24 points 3 years ago
Grandpa: Less. No soldier should have been tried there, only the politicians. Your supposed to charge the people at the top for command failures, not the people in the near top or middle. That's not how responsibility and blame works.

https://np.reddit.com/r/casualiama/comments/2731jk/i_was_a_panzergrenadier_in_the_waffenss/

Re: thank u 4 ur service *wipes tear*
Reply #1
Nazi Party dot reddit dot com?

Reply #2
Tell your grandpa to go fuck himself.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3
If grandpa is an American, he lied on his immigration forms. Even now they still ask if you were a Nazi or collaborator, though maybe they'll be using that to recruit consultants for ICE.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #4
huh.  I imagine it must have been two checkboxes:
_ were you a nazi or nazi collaborator?
_ ...ok, but are you a scientist or engineer with valuable expertise we can use in our arms race with the soviets?

• Faid
Reply #5
huh.  I imagine it must have been two checkboxes:
_ were you a nazi or nazi collaborator?
_ ...ok, but are you a scientist or engineer with valuable expertise we can use in our arms race with the soviets?

Actually those guys had already been living and working in the US for years, before even filling their first form.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #6
the thing about old Nazis is their necks snap even more nicely when they hit the end of the rope.