Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: crosspost me again and you'll draw back a stump

Topic: Comic relief thread (Read 30338 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Comic relief thread
Reply #1775
What I believe is that there are a number of ideas, including new ideas, that are going to be necessary to get to where we want to get. I believe that it's going to take a number of years from where we are today, so for someone who believes in single-payer, "Medicare for all," I hope that you can also be for other things that are good for people in the meantime, and that those things might even build the ability to get there.

what

Reply #1776
I believe in ideas, and new ideas, and going where we need to go, and being where we need to be, and having the ability to build the new abilities that are necessary to be having already gone to where we ought to be at in the future.

• Martin.au
  • Thingyologist
Reply #1777
Just what is it that you want to do?
We wanna be free
We wanna be free to do what we wanna do
And we wanna get loaded
And we wanna have a good time
That's what we're gonna do
We're gonna have a good time
We're gonna have a party
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:17:46 AM by Martin.au
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

• ffejrxx
Reply #1778

• ksen
Reply #1779
What I believe is that there are a number of ideas, including new ideas, that are going to be necessary to get to where we want to get. I believe that it's going to take a number of years from where we are today, so for someone who believes in single-payer, "Medicare for all," I hope that you can also be for other things that are good for people in the meantime, and that those things might even build the ability to get there.

what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #1780

Reply #1782

Reply #1783

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1784
Are we there yet?

Reply #1785

The video was taken by a passenger on the airliner that lost its engine cowling.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #1786

Reply #1787

Reply #1788
well this horrorshow just crossed my twitterfeed and I thought of all of you:

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1789
oh dear lord
Um, dual male 12 gauge connection/extension cord?
Are we there yet?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #1790

Reply #1792
oh dear lord

it's called a "suicide cable" for good reason, but this one is especially bad

I ordered three of these. One of them was wired correctly. The other two were wired incorrectly. The hot terminal on one end was wired to the neutral on the other, and the neutral was wired to the hot. This will cause a short circuit if your generator's neutral is bonded to its ground. It will also cause a short circuit if you use it to jumper one outlet to another in order to connect the 2 legs of the main panel. Use a meter to verify that the cord is wired correctly before using it.

I wish the company paid more attention to their quality control. I ordered two of these and one was unusable because the prongs were too short to keep the plug plugged in.

I plug on end into a standard 120v ac socket and the other into my pool to kill all the frogs
10/10 would buy again

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #1793
oh dear lord

it's called a "suicide cable" for good reason, but this one is especially bad

I ordered three of these. One of them was wired correctly. The other two were wired incorrectly. The hot terminal on one end was wired to the neutral on the other, and the neutral was wired to the hot. This will cause a short circuit if your generator's neutral is bonded to its ground. It will also cause a short circuit if you use it to jumper one outlet to another in order to connect the 2 legs of the main panel. Use a meter to verify that the cord is wired correctly before using it.

I wish the company paid more attention to their quality control. I ordered two of these and one was unusable because the prongs were too short to keep the plug plugged in.

I plug on end into a standard 120v ac socket and the other into my pool to kill all the frogs
10/10 would buy again

Ah, the last one I take it. I'm not sure that would actually work given the vicinity of the prongs and that the breaker would trip anyway. But it is amusing.
Are we there yet?

Reply #1794
dammit rafh

Reply #1795
God made Adam and Eve cords, not Adam and Steve!!!

We have even more dangerous cables at work that are three prong plug on one end and three individual wires on the other for wiring up panels. It's good we only ever really work with 120v.

Reply #1796

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #1797

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #1798
Reading his timeline, I can't tell if this is a parody account.

Reply #1799