Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Politics is pro-wrestling. We are the redneck audience.

Topic: The Gorka repository (Read 942 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
The Gorka repository
We can start with this:

http://www.newsweek.com/sebastian-gorka-white-house-terrorism-adviser-angry-call-559805?rx=us

Several times during his call with Smith, Gorka invited him to the White House to hash out their differences "face to face, man to man," as he put it in one exchange. They set a tentative date for March 8.

But Smith warned Gorka that "in absolute fairness to you, what you will hear is that I have very serious concerns about our national security," and in particular Gorka's role "as an adviser to the president of the United States."

"If you make a devastating case, then so be it," Gorka said.

"So be it?" Smith answered. "Then what, you'll acknowledge you're out of your league?"

"Yeah, absolutely," Gorka said. "Bring it on."

Late Wednesday, Gorka withdrew his invitation.

"Given your statements for the latest attack piece and continued disparaging Tweets against not only myself but the administration and the President," Gorka wrote Smith, "consider your invitation to meet withdrawn."

But did he tell Smith to bring a box for his teeth?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Re: The Gorka repository
Reply #1
A fascist turd who fits in with all of the other fascist turds in this sewer of an administration: https://thinkprogress.org/report-high-ranking-trump-official-has-extensive-ties-to-hungarian-neo-fascists-f518ec6a6af7#.ixe9rk90k

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #2
"Gorka"

he even sounds like a bad guy

• Bilirubin
  • Ain't nothing ta fuck wit'
Reply #3
Gojira

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #4
Fun fact - "gor'ko" (basically pronounced like Gorka) - means bitter in Russian!

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #5
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/opinion/the-islamophobic-huckster-in-the-white-house.html?_r=0&referer=https://t.co/BpE5NUcAiH

After Sept. 11, the American government, its allies, the academy and myriad journalists undertook to dissect the phenomenon of radicalization, explore its pathways, unpack Quranic language on violence and understand the sociology of Islamic terrorism. The suggestion that Mr. Gorka brings new insight is self-gratifying, grandiose malarkey.

:burnsauce:

What emerged from these decades of engagement with jihadism was a nascent counterterrorism strategy. That was scuttled when the United States took a sharp wrong turn with the invasion of Iraq, a misstep that was a profound boon to extremists. But even so, counterterrorism strategy has evolved into a sustainable program of counter-radicalization and targeted military operations. Mr. Gorka seems oblivious to this legacy. For him, a huge effort that gathered momentum decades ago somehow amounts to "downplaying the seriousness of the threat."

What has been learned during this long effort from law enforcement, intelligence community analyses and an abundance of scholarship on jihadists is that religious doctrine is not their sole or even primary driver. The issues that Mr. Gorka so defiantly "jettisons" actually do play a role.

Declaring a religious war now would only validate the jihadist narrative and force fence-sitters to procure AK-47s. Having elevated a huckster weak on jihadist history and doctrine and unaware of what his own government has learned over decades, the Trump administration now risks exacerbating the very security challenges it hopes to surmount. H. R. McMaster, the newly appointed national security adviser -- a strong choice -- will quickly have to exorcise Mr. Bannon and Mr. Miller's worldview if the administration is to forge a sound national security policy. Getting rid of Mr. Gorka should be an early priority.

Brutal. But very much correct, it seems.

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Reply #6

• Faid
Reply #7
Anyone who is familiar with how fascists work, knows that they never face their opponents one on one.
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8
Lol his PhD is fake: http://reynolds.web.unc.edu/gorka/

And he got scared off a panel at Georgetown by a bunch of undergrads asking questions : http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/sebastian-gorka-trump-adviser-linked-hungarian-right-wing-group-abruptly-n750451

Reply #9

Reply #10
Why do all these Nazi wannnabes have such punchable faces? 

enquiring minds and all that....

Reply #11

McMasters has had enough of his dumb ass

Trump did Nazi that coming!

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #12
Lol who'd have thought the guy with the fake PhD would be so insecure?

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #13
Bottom line is, given enough time, Trump will be turned into a  Democrat.
R
After which the Repubs will disaovow him and he will impeached and found guilty of treason and subsequently guillotined.
Are we there yet?

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #14
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Reply #15
Wow. Cited Wikipedia in his dissertation.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #16
wonder how many people out there are seriously defending him, not even necessarily out of blind alt-right loyalty, but because they don't have a clue how thin his "resume" is.  like I assume there are people who still take this "phd" seriously, and think he has "qualifications".

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #17
wonder how many people out there are seriously defending him, not even necessarily out of blind alt-right loyalty, but because they don't have a clue how thin his "resume" is.  like I assume there are people who still take this "phd" seriously, and think he has "qualifications".

And most of those people will also rail against academic elites.

Reply #18

And most of those people will also rail against academic elites.
And demand that Wikipedia is a perfectly legitimate citation on a dissertation.

• linus
Reply #19

Reply #20

Reply #21

• linus
Reply #22
I doubt it's a find-the-Nazi shell game. If it's true he's leaving the WH it's surely to a less influential position somewhere.

CNN reports it too now: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/30/politics/gorka-leaving-white-house/index.html

• linus
Reply #23

Reply #24
The question is not whether Gorka has an official position in the WH or not, so long as Gorka and Bannon still have a voice in policy and the ear of the president. Moving these pieces around on the board while not actually changing the connection between the administration and the radical right wing is not a "victory." It is a distraction.