Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: it's heartwarming that two guys with embarrassing excrement stories can back each other up like this

Topic: Tillerson's greatest hits (Read 260 times) previous topic - next topic

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Tillerson's greatest hits

Re: Tillerson's greatest hits
Reply #1
I think Sessions is ultimately worse and has shown really, really troubling signs already regarding law enforcement in this country, but Tillerson is definitely in the running for worst Cabinet member so far.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #2
I think Sessions is ultimately worse and has shown really, really troubling signs already regarding law enforcement in this country, but Tillerson is definitely in the running for worst Cabinet member so far.
sessions and pruitt are the worst.  unless of course we're counting "strategist" bannon as a cabinet member.

tillerson is probably a more or less normal guy (for an oil executive), who simply knows nothing about his job.  a mechanic hired to play cello.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #3
http://thehill.com/policy/international/328520-tillerson-leaves-press-pool-behind-to-meet-putin

Well, why should Americans know what the guy who doesn't want to be Secretary of State is doing?

Reply #4
wow. time to start building guillotines.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• el jefe
Reply #5
one hilariously terrifying realization I've had about tillerson is that probably the main reason he was chosen as secretary of state was to approve the keystone pipeline.  that's it.

it is the only explanation that makes sense to me.  tillerson has no background in diplomacy or government.  he does not appear to be particularly ideological in any way.  afaik, he has never displayed much aptitude for anything besides oil executiving.  and oil executiving is not even a little bit similar to secretary of stating.  his selection maybe makes a little sense as a favor for campaign donors and/or signal to the world that trump doesn't give a shit about climate change, but not a ton. 

however, this keystone idea really clicks for me.  trump did get swept up in the moron chorus supporting the keystone pipeline and thinking it is somehow really important.  and he probably heard somewhere that the secretary of state gets to decide whether to approve it.  so I think he said "ok, I'll pick an oil guy as secretary of state, and that pipeline will get approved.  problem solved!", and then moved on.   and then of course tillerson got confirmed and approved the pipeline.

I find it all too easy to picture trump thinking like that: basing his decision about who should be secretary of state on approving the pipeline.  because that's what secretaries of state do.  they decide whether to approve keystone pipelines. 

if he had dedicated more than 5 seconds of thought to this, or listened to even a little bit of advice from anyone who knew anything, he would have picked someone who was actually qualified to do that other stuff secretaries of state do (diplomacy or something?) and btw also was willing to approve the pipeline.

I don't even care about the fucking pipeline.  it's not as big a deal as people think, either in terms of pros or cons.  but I go temporarily insane at the thought that willingness to approve the pipeline might have been trump's main (only?) criteria for a secretary of state.
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:10:00 PM by el jefe

Reply #6
nah. it's all russian connections.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• ksen
Reply #7
one hilariously terrifying realization I've had about tillerson is that probably the main reason he was chosen as secretary of state was to approve the keystone pipeline.  that's it.

it is the only explanation that makes sense to me.  tillerson has no background in diplomacy or government.  he does not appear to be particularly ideological in any way.  afaik, he has never displayed much aptitude for anything besides oil executiving.  and oil executiving is not even a little bit similar to secretary of stating.  his selection maybe makes a little sense as a favor for campaign donors and/or signal to the world that trump doesn't give a shit about climate change, but not a ton. 

however, this keystone idea really clicks for me.  trump did get swept up in the moron chorus supporting the keystone pipeline and thinking it is somehow really important.  and he probably heard somewhere that the secretary of state gets to decide whether to approve it.  so I think he said "ok, I'll pick an oil guy as secretary of state, and that pipeline will get approved.  problem solved!", and then moved on.  and then of course tillerson got confirmed and approved the pipeline.

I find it all too easy to picture trump thinking like that: basing his decision about who should be secretary of state on approving the pipeline.  because that's what secretaries of state do.  they decide whether to approve keystone pipelines. 

if he had dedicated more than 5 seconds of thought to this, or listened to even a little bit of advice from anyone who knew anything, he would have picked someone who was actually qualified to do that other stuff secretaries of state do (diplomacy or something?) and btw also was willing to approve the pipeline.

I don't even care about the fucking pipeline.  it's not as big a deal as people think, either in terms of pros or cons.  but I go temporarily insane at the thought that willingness to approve the pipeline might have been trump's main (only?) criteria for a secretary of state.
Guapo, Tillerson obviously has superior genes given that he's risen to the level of high-powered CEO.  And superior gene people can do anything better than your typical government scrub.

It is known.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #8

Lavrov cuts off and scolds Andrea Mitchell, who was trying to ask a question, by asking her who brought her up, "who was giving you your manners?". Tillerson? He fucking chuckles.

Reply #9

however, this keystone idea really clicks for me.  trump did get swept up in the moron chorus supporting the keystone pipeline and thinking it is somehow really important.  and he probably heard somewhere that the secretary of state gets to decide whether to approve it.  so I think he said "ok, I'll pick an oil guy as secretary of state, and that pipeline will get approved.  problem solved!", and then moved on.   and then of course tillerson got confirmed and approved the pipeline.

Can't let the Republican Senate off the hook for confirming this idiot, either.

• el jefe
Reply #10

however, this keystone idea really clicks for me.  trump did get swept up in the moron chorus supporting the keystone pipeline and thinking it is somehow really important.  and he probably heard somewhere that the secretary of state gets to decide whether to approve it.  so I think he said "ok, I'll pick an oil guy as secretary of state, and that pipeline will get approved.  problem solved!", and then moved on.  and then of course tillerson got confirmed and approved the pipeline.

Guapo, Tillerson obviously has superior genes given that he's risen to the level of high-powered CEO.  And superior gene people can do anything better than your typical government scrub.

It is known.
right, I forgot that other hypothesis.  tillerson is a rich CEO, and rich CEOs have magic powers as proven by their success in the free market.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #11

Reply #12

Reply #13
*crosses fingers*

• ksen