Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talkrational: Febbolution

Topic: Florida Man - the Judge version (Read 86 times) previous topic - next topic

• ravenscape
  • Administrator
  • Triggered
Florida Man - the Judge version
A neo-Nazi with explosives and a framed photo of Timothy McVeigh is not a threat, judge rules

Brandon Russell is capable of making a bomb -- and he admitted doing so.

Officials believe he also participated in neo-Nazi chat rooms where he threatened to kill people and blow up places.

Investigators found guns, ammunition and white supremacist propaganda in his bedroom, court records say. A framed photograph of convicted Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was on his dresser.

Prosecutors believe those reasons should keep Russell behind bars while he awaits trial on federal charges. A judge, however, disagreed and decided that Russell can be released on bond.

In a ruling Friday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Thomas McCoun III of a federal-district court in Tampa said he does not believe there's "clear and convincing evidence" that Russell is a threat to the community. Russell, 21, was charged last month with possession of unregistered destructive devices and unlawful storage of explosive material.

• Faid
Re: Florida Man - the Judge version
Reply #1
What the fuck
Who even made the rule that we cannot group ducks and fish together for the simple reason that they are both aquatic? If I want to group them that way and it serves my purpose then I can jolly well do it however I want to and it is still a nested hierarchy and you can't tell me that it's not.

Reply #2
 :stare:
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #3
damn - and he is the fourth roommate in the case of the converted-to-Islam neo-Nazi who shot to death his other two neo-Nazi roommates.

• MikeS
Reply #4
Yeah, but he was crying on the doorstep when they first found him.  No threat, the guys a wimp.