Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• Talk Rational: The home of your next meltdown.

Topic: 2020 US Presidential Election (Read 594 times) previous topic - next topic

• ksen
2020 US Presidential Election
I know that normally the presidential election is considered started right after the mid-terms are over.  However, like Thanksgiving and Christmas, the start date keeps creeping earlier and earlier on the calendar.  Apparently the presidential election now starts 7 months into the new president's term.

Poll: Trump trails Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Booker in matchups

President Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and three Democratic senators in a new poll from a Democratic firm testing possible 2020 matchups.

The survey of registered voters, conducted by Public Policy Polling, found Trump trailing by wide margins against Sanders -- 52 percent to 39 percent -- and Biden -- 54 percent to 39 percent.

The poll also found Trump losing in hypothetical matchups against Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), although by smaller margins.

Trump trails Warren by 42 percent to 49 percent, Booker by 40 percent to 45 percent and Harris by 40 percent to 41 percent.

In a hypothetical race against Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Trump would see a tie, 40 percent to 40 percent.
The poll surveyed 836 registered voters between July 14 and 17 and has a plus or minus 3.4 percent margin of error.

So right now the fake polls say that pretty much any democrat would beat Trump.

• VoxRat
  • wtactualf
Re: 2020 US Presidential Election
Reply #1
Apparently the presidential election now starts 7 months into the new president's term.

Trump filed paperwork for his re-election campaign the day of his inauguration.
"I understand Donald Trump better than many people because I really am a lot like him." - Dave Hawkins

• ksen
Reply #2
Thank god I only have about 6 or 7 of these things left to go through.

• ksen
Reply #3
Apparently the presidential election now starts 7 months into the new president's term.

I stand corrected.

• el jefe
  • asleep till 2020 or 2024
Reply #4
Oprah 2020

both to run and to beat trump

my libertarian bowling buddy predicts it.  he is wrong about most things, but on this point he may be right.  in fact, the more I think about it, the more I think it was a stroke of genius.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #5

And he's using that campaign money to pay his legal fees.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #6
my libertarian bowling buddy

? ? ?

Reply #7
I'm cucked for Zuck!

Reply #8
i am eternally trolled by the continued existence of the "draft bernie for a people's party" "movement"

couldn't find a better thread to post about this in, sorry

• ksen
Reply #9
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/344345-delaney-announces-presidential-bid-in-op-ed

First literally who Dem candidate to enter the race: Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.)

• ksen
Reply #10
Delaney:

"My focus is on preparing our country for the future. Technological innovation, automation and globalization are the most powerful forces in the world today," he wrote. "These forces have been enormously positive; they will continue to make life better, enhance productivity, solve some of the world's most difficult problems and open societies."

"Sadly, these forces will also eliminate certain jobs and require workers to learn new skills more quickly," he continued. "They will create security risks and strain our resources."

goddammit

• tysixtus
  • SAMURAI DORUGO
Reply #11
I don't know if I can boost for Bernie again this time around.  It was too exhausting.  I might get on board with Biden if he decides to run, though he would be nearly 80 fuckin years old.

If the dems put Kamala Harris up, they will lose again.  I have a feeling there is some crazy lurking underneath there, and she will melt down if people start reading some of her dumber tweets on the air.  If they feel the reflexive need to run another minority -- and and I really think they will double down on this -- then Warren is the better choice, though the Pocahontas jokes will start immediately. 

I really liked Booker, but I was disappointed with his siding with Pharma.  I mean, I understand; all New Jersey has besides refineries and tomato gardens is pharmaceuticals.  But christ, man.

• SkepticTank
  • Global Moderator
  • Calmer than you are
Reply #12
I think Warren will be a problem with the gun crowd.  The right wing gun nuts always throw that at whatever democrat is running, but with Warren it would stick.

• ToThePoint
  • search & destroy
Reply #13
The democratic candidate needs to be in their 50s or early 60s.
POTUS is no job for a geriatric man or woman.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

• RAFH
  • Have a life, already.
Reply #14
I think Warren will be a problem with the gun crowd.  The right wing gun nuts always throw that at whatever democrat is running, but with Warren it would stick.
Not a problem, just get a few gun nuts with Russian/Putin leanings to assassinate a couple of Congressional members (both Senate and House) and that issue will go away.

Hey, don't look at me. I'm a total clutz, I'd fuck up and kill myself with a gun long before I could even get withing 100 miles of the target. Wouldn't even have to get the ammunition into the local environment of the gun. Hell, I'm still not allowed near trees more than 8' tall unless there is 2' of foam rubber all around them out to a distance at least that of the height of the tree. (or other vertically oriented object). Even then, only with a EMT  team and transport standing by. Shit, I don't even get to tie my shoes, good thing since I don't have any tied shoes.
Are we there yet?

Reply #15
President Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and three Democratic senators in a new poll from a Democratic firm testing possible 2020 matchups.

The survey of registered voters, conducted by Public Policy Polling, found Trump trailing by wide margins against Sanders -- 52 percent to 39 percent -- and Biden -- 54 percent to 39 percent.

The poll also found Trump losing in hypothetical matchups against Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), although by smaller margins.

Trump trails Warren by 42 percent to 49 percent, Booker by 40 percent to 45 percent and Harris by 40 percent to 41 percent.

In a hypothetical race against Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Trump would see a tie, 40 percent to 40 percent.
The poll surveyed 836 registered voters between July 14 and 17 and has a plus or minus 3.4 percent margin of error.

Who cares. What about The Rock?

Reply #16
I don't know if I can boost for Bernie again this time around.  It was too exhausting.  I might get on board with Biden if he decides to run, though he would be nearly 80 fuckin years old.

If the dems put Kamala Harris up, they will lose again.  I have a feeling there is some crazy lurking underneath there, and she will melt down if people start reading some of her dumber tweets on the air. 
p. sure dumb tweets and related meltdowns are an asset in this brave new world, my friend

• ksen

Reply #18
who would give a single shit about "Pocahontas jokes" aside from MAGA morons?

• ksen
Reply #19
*fauxcahontas

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #20
If the Booker thing is about that bill to import drugs from Canada, then he made the right choice, and that bill deserved to be voted down.

Reply #21
How so?  I mean, I know what his argument was, but it seemed pretty self serving.

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #22
It's my understanding that Canada doesn't regulate and inspect drugs that are meant for export, and we don't have the funding or capacity to do our own testing and inspection of incoming drugs (or manufacturing facilities, obv), so imported drugs can't be properly controlled unless you're willing to trust manufacturers to behave themselves on their own. That's a big deal. Not an insurmountable problem on its own, but the bill didn't adequately address it.

Reply #23
they aren't regulated or inspected along with the drugs from the same manufacturer that are not meant for export?

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #24
If it's marked as for export only, it is exempt from inspection. So even if the manufacturing facility itself passes inspection, the individual products marked for export only aren't checked, so you could easily have problems with shit like impurities, false advertising/labeling, etc.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/compliance-enforcement/importation-exportation/policy-health-products-under-food-drugs-act-regulations-0060.html#a53