Skip to main content

TR Memescape

• wait a minute i just realized i had told testy, not PO9, to kill himself. is there anyway we can just have both of them kill themselves? i'm willing to eat poop

Topic: War with N. Korea, is it inevitable? (Read 2332 times) previous topic - next topic

• borealis
  • Administrator
Re: War with N. Korea, is it inevitable?
Reply #50
Plus a lot of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People%27s_Army#Capabilities

NB: They have frickin' lasers.

The ZM-87 Portable Laser Disturber is a Chinese electro-optic countermeasure neodymium laser device. The ZM-87 was primarily intended to blind humans but was also reported to damage the photo-electric elements in laser rangefinders, videocameras and missile seekers. Roughly 22 of the devices were produced by the company Norinco before production ceased in 2000 as a result of the 1995 United Nations Protocol on Blinding Laser Weapons ban.

The ZM-87 is notable as one of only a few laser weapons ever produced. Controversy has also surrounded the possible recent use of the weapon by Russian, Chinese, and North Korean armed forces

• meepmeep
  • Administrator
  • zombiecat queen
Reply #51
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/us/politics/trump-north-korea.html

BRIDGEWATER, N.J. -- President Trump delivered his "fire and fury" threat to North Korea on Tuesday with arms folded, jaw set and eyes flitting on what appeared to be a single page of talking points set before him on the conference table at his New Jersey golf resort.

The piece of paper, as it turned out, was a fact sheet on the opioid crisis he had come to talk about, and his ominous warning to Pyongyang was entirely improvised, according to several people with direct knowledge of what unfolded. In discussions with advisers beforehand, he had not run the specific language by them.

The inflammatory words quickly escalated the confrontation with North Korea to a new, alarming level and were followed shortly by a new threat from North Korea to obliterate an American air base on Guam. In the hours since, the president's advisers have sought to calm the situation, with Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson assuring Americans that they "should sleep at night" without worrying about an imminent war.

Neither camp advocated language like "fire and fury," according to the people involved. Among those taken by surprise, they said, was John F. Kelly, the retired four-star Marine general who has just taken over as White House chief of staff and has been with the president at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., for his working vacation.

The president had been told about a Washington Post story on North Korea's progress in miniaturizing nuclear warheads so that they could fit on top of a ballistic missile, and was in a bellicose mood, according to a person who spoke with him before he made the statement. His team assumed that he would be asked about North Korea during a scheduled media appearance tied to his opioid meeting, but Mr. Trump had not mentioned his comment during a conference call beforehand that focused on North Korea.

Women can't be president because of PMS and they are super duper emotional.

Reply #52
"Kelly will reign him in and impose discipline!"

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #53
So has Kelly just now realised the magnitude of insanity he's pledged to keep under control?

• Doobie Keebler
  • Ridiculous Callipygous
Reply #54
"I'm over 70 and have never seen such , arrogance, incompetence and Ill -intentions as this President and his aids."    The Dotard     (posted 12 days after his 68th birthday)

Reply #55
A story told by an idiot, full of fire and fury, signifying nothing.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

Reply #56
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and really every day if you think about it, but nobody talks about it.

Reply #57
lmao at the leftist dummies who tried to say Trump was the peace/isolationist candidate
tbf if you just go by the things he says that demonstrate the point you want to make, you can find support for basically any characterization of him!

Reply #58
constitutional republican democracy produced a leader as qualified as a family run dictatorship
for the sake of my sanity, i need to reiterate this as often as possible: they put a system in place to prevent a dumb terrible populist demagogue from becoming president and it backfired. lmao.

Reply #59
Folks,

There is an opportunity here for Trump to improve his polling figures and secure a second term. But, will he go for it?  :devil3:

Hard to say.

D.

Reply #60

Reply #61
oh my fucking god

Reply #62
That's gotta be disturbing.
Love is like a magic penny
 if you hold it tight you won't have any
if you give it away you'll have so many
they'll be rolling all over the floor

• linus
Reply #63
It's maybe mitigated by the fact that Trump (a) doesn't listen to much outside advice, especially not ambassadors, and (b) doesn't have a coherent, stable foreign policy that can be explained to someone else.

Reply #64

Yes, this fits with the best option for NK in the case of a US attack. An immediate ground invasion of South Korea.

D.

• linus
Reply #65
  • Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:53:49 PM by linus

• borealis
  • Administrator
Reply #66
So next Tuesday?

Reply #67
I think it all depends on when Mueller sends him a subpoena.
"That which can be asserted with evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." (Dave Hawkins)

Reply #69
I'd like to think "fire and fury" was an subconscious allusion to "sound and fury", from Macbeth: "It is a tale / Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury / Signifying nothing."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/08/09/how-trump-and-north-korea-are-skewered-with-satires-fire-and-fury-according-to-cartoons/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.9f92d921f1aa

Reply #70
The sound and the fury is a real good book

• nostrum
  • easily led
Reply #71

• MSG
Reply #72
I'd like to think "fire and fury" was an subconscious allusion to "sound and fury", from Macbeth: "It is a tale / Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury / Signifying nothing."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/08/09/how-trump-and-north-korea-are-skewered-with-satires-fire-and-fury-according-to-cartoons/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.9f92d921f1aa
That high chair cartoon is awesome
braying among the ruins

Reply #74
We are well and truly fucked.

Good, time to start over.